2012/10/02 07:25:24
peter434
Count me in too as I will receive the whole set with all the historical versions of Sonar : 8.5, X1 and X2. But I'm afraid a bit concerning bugs and incompatibility issues with the last versions !

(I know another member "Manolo" from France like me, who owns the system as well)

If we are rising in number, we are going to organize an official petition for a VS700 efficient update !
2012/10/02 08:39:13
Mully
Great idea Peter.... I think the silence may be deafening though.

Cheers.
2012/10/02 10:40:10
e.Blue
I own the set.  Use it as my main interface with multiple DAWs, but haven't been able to use it since I upgraded to Windows 8. Nobody's fault but my own I suppose.

-e.B

2012/10/02 16:28:02
don4777
I have the 700-C.  It is a nicely built unit but like everyone else I am extremely disappointed that there doesn't appear much interest from Cakewalk to have it work correctly under the more recent Sonar revisions.  I bought it specifically because I had decided that I was going to stick with Sonar as my primary DAW and thought it made sense to get the 700-C for the tight integration with the software.  I find I am using it less and less as time goes by due to the limited functionality with X1 and X2.  Mostly faders and transport.  

I will stick with Sonar - it is getting better with every release.  But I may get rid of the 700-C if there are no improvements.

Don

2012/10/03 04:25:55
kday
I own both the 700 Console and 700R and haven't used it yet. I've read so many issues since X1 and now X2 that I don't even know what to do. Do I go to so called stellar 8.5, or do I go outdated X1 with few problems, or do I upgrade to X2 with many more bug problems? Cakewalk or Roland has to fix all of these bugs, I mean there just way way too many to abandon here. People paid way too much money to get a second rate DAW software/hardware combo. As long as they sell the system on the market they have an obligation to sell a product that works as advertised and works correctly. You know I got this new system, and I don't know if I should go backward or forward in buying the Sonar program. Why buy X2 if it's worse than the previous programs when using the 700c?
2012/10/03 09:13:25
Mully
It's a tough question. The big issue at the end of the day is the ability to make music, does the 700C impede this process?

Personally I find the surface under X1 does in fact impede the ability to create music without distraction. You just want gear that works as it should particularly when you have paying people around.

Right now the 700C does not function correctly and reliably outside of being fader and transport control. Realistically the Mackie unit would have done as good a job without losing so much time hunting for integration and the lack of it.

Make no mistake, right now, the only way to achieve tight integration with with the 700C and Sonar is under 8.5...crazy as it seems. If this is wrong then I would be thrilled to be proven wrong but we have all heard the deafening roar from our once supportive folk at Cake who I believe are really just being let down by their corporate masters at Roland. Welcome to the future folks.

Not sure which way to go with this.... the MCU is quite possibly again the surface of choice for Sonar? Or revert to 8.5?

Cheers.
2012/10/03 13:51:45
binny911
My fellow sevenhunderdiens I do proclaim I believe I am number 23. 

And yes I too miss 8.5. But not enough to click on it seeing its still on my CPU.

Binny

2012/10/05 01:26:24
jayson
I have the set but am only using the controller (using an Octa Capture instead of the VS700R)

Cheers,

jayson
2012/10/05 06:09:51
kday
Why the Octa Capture instead of the V700r? What differences are you most attracted to on the Octa-Capture vs the V700R
2012/10/05 08:57:28
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I wondering about the same as I own both (Octa-Capture + VS-700R) and use both ...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account