2012/10/29 18:52:27
ModmanQ6
I've got the set and still have all the versions of Producer from 8.0 to X2 on my system...
2012/11/05 09:07:11
Ludvig
Hi all!

Another VS-700C/VS-700R/Octa-Capture user here ...

Best Regards
Ludvig
2012/11/18 19:38:54
Psybazyme
Hi Norrie, I currently own a VS SET + extra R, however, both R's will shortly be up for sale (UK EBay only), I use the system often and I've just upgraded the I/O - keeping the console ATM. Looking forward to the arrival of the Integra 7. Enjoyed using the SET but I get serious gear lust!

Best, J

2012/11/18 21:54:25
smooth_joey
I am new to this forum but my question has been answered... if you are running X2 don't buy V 700 studio.  I have sent emails to roland and cakewalk with several questions and in each case they have answered all questions except about the v 700 and X2 and as a matter of fact they didn't even acknowledge the question.
2012/11/19 06:16:50
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I put in problem reports regarding VS-700 and also the MCU about a month ago. Both still have status NEW assigned which either means their problem tracking database is not working (and I'm naiv) or they just don't care to look ...
2012/11/19 08:18:28
Mully
Geez Joey...what's up with that? Kinda tells the story I guess.... sheesh...
2012/11/20 09:53:21
listen
Actually recorded a gospel choir concert utilizing 700 R, Octa-Capture and added digital inputs 24 tracks in totality and had no problems.  In fact, it ended up being so simple (learning lesson) I have some other choirs, etc... asking me to record them.  Additional income the way I look at.  No I did not take my controller out with me just used the mouse...

Using 700R & OctaCapture in the studio and haven't found a need to switch the settings for reduced latency yet!!!  Octa Capture  does work great and the auto-sense is definitely a plus.
2012/11/21 01:10:49
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
listen

Using 700R & OctaCapture in the studio and haven't found a need to switch the settings for reduced latency yet!!!  Octa Capture  does work great and the auto-sense is definitely a plus.
+1 to that, especially the auto-sense I like more and more these days ...

Which particular switch to settings for reduced latency did you talk about?

2012/11/25 10:20:30
dkscholz
I just joined the "owner" ranks this week. I had looked at videos and online reviews, off and on, for over a year. I finally collected the discretionary funds and placed my order for full system. Unfortunately, I somehow missed out on this forum and the trouble many are having/(had) with X2/(X1) and getting support. Now I'm in "setup hell" as the install disk only covered Windows XP/Vista and I'm running Windows 7. So I found the correct driver and it installed OK, but the VS700 Software install halted right after the file extraction. I can't even get the transport to start/stop play. I found a firmware update, version 1.31, on Roland's support page but they have this disclaimer - "We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document." WTH??? I go further and they say - "Be sure that VS-700C driver is installed to Windows PC or Mac beforehand and that it has been properly configured as a stand-alone device (without the VS-700R connected)". What does that mean??? When I disconnect the 700R, the driver settings won't even display!!! ARRRRGGHHHH
2012/11/26 06:57:57
Mully
Hi dk,

there are some solid instructions about the install/update procedures in the forum. Have a careful read as you should be able to get it all running without too much drama...some nail biting on occasion perhaps but no real drama if you follow the steps in the right order and carefully.

It all plays as it 'should' under W7.

Cheers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account