2013/10/17 19:04:49
Crg
Nighttrax
Ok, I'm not the smartest guy on the face of this beautiful earth and I know it.  So I have a question and it's mostly for Crg who has his VS-700r connected to a MOTU 2408.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'd like to know if there is a way to get in touch so I could hopefully work out my issue.  I have the 700r's Word out to the Motu Word in, then I also have a fiber optic Toslink from the motu to the VS700.  My problem is I can't get the motu to "sync" or even see the VS-700 word clock so it just sits there and blinks at me.  I'd appreciate any help as I know from Crg's post he's achieved this miracle.

Thanks,
Night

Do you have BNC cable hooked up? That's your word out - in link? V700R out to Motu in on the BNC. I hope you have the manual for the Motu. You have to button program the Motu on the front panel select and set buttons, to point the wordclock to the ADAT in out you are plugged into. A, B, or C. The setup on the Motu can be a ****. You have enable the analog ins if your using them on the Motu. The V700R reverts to being the Master Clock upon startup. So the Motu BNC in will be slaved to the V700R, which is what you want. Make sure you have the Digital 2 inputs enabled on the V700R 
2013/10/18 02:44:48
Chambana
Hate to interrupt, but I just found this post as active... And, since I only come around here occasionally (more often recently) might as well confess the honor of being the last poster on the planet to admit to owning both VS100 and 700 systems :) I have actually had them since around mid 2010 and still love them both.
2013/10/18 17:02:34
kday
I agree, the VS-700 system is still the greatest hardware/software combo on the planet. With Sonar X3 there are no hardware consoles comparable under $20,000 dollars. 
2013/10/22 09:35:07
Audiounity
Late to the posting party. I usually just lurk. I have the whole system with X2a currently. 
2013/11/12 20:22:20
keneds
New owner here. VS-700 set
2014/02/25 18:01:27
PaulJStevens
Late to this but count me in. Recently got the full system with X3 on a really good deal in the UK. Had some small issues running with a four year laptop but now with a new purpose built 16GB RAM tower it's working really well.
2014/02/25 21:54:05
listen
Not late to the party - I have had mine for some time - as of late I have been looking at other controllers - but when it is all said and done - my VS 700 C & R has done the job.   I think I just have the want to get something new; yet, I can't justify it....  Trying to say I don't want to keep it until it has no value - but the value is in what it does and how it works with Sonar.  Guess I'll keep on letting it do what it do...
2014/02/26 02:44:28
kday
I'll probably never let my VS-700 system go, until it breaks and can't be repaired. This controller just looks way too good. And it does what other controllers can't do if you're using Sonar. I think this system remains the greatest system ever created for less then $50,000.

Unless Tascam comes out with a competitive system that makes me want to sell the VS-700, the only thing I might consider upgrading is the audio interface to something better, that's about it.
2014/02/28 10:05:10
Westside Steve
kday
I'll probably never let my VS-700 system go, until it breaks and can't be repaired. This controller just looks way too good. And it does what other controllers can't do if you're using Sonar. I think this system remains the greatest system ever created for less then $50,000.

Unless Tascam comes out with a competitive system that makes me want to sell the VS-700, the only thing I might consider upgrading is the audio interface to something better, that's about it.

you don't like the 700 R?
WSS
2014/03/11 12:06:40
clada
i still use it on a daily base, for pré production, audio for video and producing commercials...
still love the controller and can not miss it but i am thinking of upgrading the 700R for something else...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account