2015/06/08 22:01:14
Doktor Avalanche
Not a VS-700 owner but use VS-700 controller functionality.
2015/06/25 16:21:01
zhinnn
Never posted here before but I think now is a good time as I do hope Cakewalk will continue to support the VS 700.

I own the full set and make a living with it as my primary work space! Love it, using with SONAR X3 Producer on Windows 8 and have had zero problems. Here's to many more years to come with the VS 700 please Cakewalk :) I haven't upgraded to Platinum yet because I'm not sure there are many new features I would use and I haven't heard much on how well the VS 700 works with it. 
2015/06/26 01:35:56
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
zhinnn
Never posted here before but I think now is a good time as I do hope Cakewalk will continue to support the VS 700.

I own the full set and make a living with it as my primary work space! Love it, using with SONAR X3 Producer on Windows 8 and have had zero problems. Here's to many more years to come with the VS 700 please Cakewalk :) I haven't upgraded to Platinum yet because I'm not sure there are many new features I would use and I haven't heard much on how well the VS 700 works with it. 

VS-700 works with Platinum just like it did with X3e - absolutely no difference in functionality
just be careful - the vs-700 installer does no longer come with the Platinum installer, which is no issue at all if you just upgrade from X3, but requires manual download & installation on a clean rebuild DAW
2015/06/27 18:15:36
TerraSin
FreeFlyBertl
VS-700 works with Platinum just like it did with X3e - absolutely no difference in functionality
just be careful - the vs-700 installer does no longer come with the Platinum installer, which is no issue at all if you just upgrade from X3, but requires manual download & installation on a clean rebuild DAW

That makes me sad. I was hoping they would at least keep the install software built in to Sonar regardless of not actually supporting it anymore. Have a link to the existing software by chance?
2015/08/02 19:32:08
dustriplin
Hi folks... I used to be 3478dirt above and now dustriplin ...don't ask... still have my 700R and 700C and use it all the time with Platinum and Windows 10... actually, in truth I have Dyonight's old unit ... still works great
2015/08/06 19:07:57
Flagust
I'm a happy owner of 700R and 700C so please count me in. OS win7 64bit and Splat. Planning to upgrade to Win10 when everything settle down.
2015/08/06 21:34:17
napazidis
I also own the VS-700 set.  I am very happy with the quality and functionality of both units and have been using them since Sonar 8.  Currently running with Sonar Platinum on Windows 8.1 and plan to upgrade to Windows 10 shortly.  The only problem I've had since Sonar X1 has been the inconsistency in functionality of the Fantom VS.
2015/12/04 07:19:39
louisodwyer
I'm in, got the full set!  It's the centre-piece of my music room.
I live in France and I see a guy who has a music shop in Geneva also has the VS-700.
Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro with Sonar Platinum, all working great!
2015/12/09 20:21:19
ModmanQ6
Ok, so still running my 700c and 700R with X3. Just bought the Octa capture to give me the extra 8 pre's, but can't get them to see each other...
2015/12/10 02:42:17
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
ModmanQ6
Ok, so still running my 700c and 700R with X3. Just bought the Octa capture to give me the extra 8 pre's, but can't get them to see each other...

works fine here with X3 and Platinum on win7
just make sure you have the latest firmware and latest drivers for both units
check that each interface is properly installed and working fine by itself
then follow the setup instructions from the manuals - most important will be to switch OC to VS EXPAND mode and setup master/slave sync properly with COAX cable plugged into proper ports (an easy one to get wrong)
VS 700 needs to be set to sync to "Digital 1" before use (you can do this via desktop shortcut loading your default file into the vS-700 IO editor)
first test at larger ASIO buffers to ensure you don't get any dropouts (if so check setup tips above)
then hike down ASIO buffers (mine run really low - setting 3 @ 96 kHz)

hope that helps :-)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account