2015/09/09 23:47:33
Snehankur

I request for :  
A. A CHORD Track - to enter chords from keyboard(QWERTY) or MIDI

B. Midi Track - with option populate from Chord Track [options :
a Lane to define INVERSION,
a Lane to define Key range,
Right Click Option - CONTINUE COMMON NOTES from previous Chord

C. Midi Track - A Lane - insert pattern [.mid / .riff] - populate from Midi Track  

A and B may be single instance and
Track C type can be multiple [ we can create Bass line and other accompaniments]  

Lastly on track type C - right Click option - HUMANIZE (with a popup slider for degree of Humanization)  

2015/09/25 03:21:46
jszurek
+1
2015/11/20 13:17:10
AdamGrossmanLG
Hello,

I have an idea (which I see in other DAWs) for a "chord grid".   This grid could serve 3 purposes:

#1:  A visual representation of the chords in the song in proper alignment to the grid (to serve as a visual while recording).
#2:  A way to automatically manipulate softsynths and possibly hardware synths as well.  Imagine being able to let a sequenced pattern go in a softsynth and then the notes being played automatically get changed by whatever you have specified in the chord grid)
#3:  MIDI correction - you could be able to lock in ANY midi track to the chord grid, so if you play the wrong note or play outside the chord (and i realize often times you want to anyway), the MIDI note would be shifted to stay within the chord specified in the chord grid.

The chord grid data would need to be manually entered via an input utility (or perhaps played in via playing chords into the chord grid? - just an idea there).

I have implemented my own chord grid, but it can only serve me for option #1 above (as a visual while recording), but would love to see this implemented one day.   I believe other DAW's have this.

See my chord grid here (see track 2):

Thank You!
2015/11/27 20:13:44
lingyai
mudgel
In the meantime perhaps Toontrack's EZKeys would be of benefit. That's how I use it.

+1

Very much so. EZKeys is a very powerful and easy-to-use composition tool (don't forget, it has midi out, so you can play back through any VSTi that takes midi) 
2015/11/27 20:39:44
BobF
There is also the BiaB option.  I recently picked up ChordPulse.  CP can very quickly give you scratch MIDI tracks to work with.
2016/04/21 01:26:07
stevecain
Hi
I am used to following the chords in ChordPulse or Band In A Box while roughing out ideas, but when I switch to Sonar I miss being able to see the chords while playing. I'm aware that you can use the staff view, or maybe add markers named to indicate chord changes, but the alignment of chords with the now time marker does not seem optimal in the staff view and markers are too small to see easily, hence a scrolling chord window, large and clear, with its own now time marker would be just the thing. A dedicated chord track in the track view with highly visible chord names and maybe selectable colours would probably work just as well. Perhaps others would like something like this?
2016/04/21 05:55:30
Soundwise
I'd love to have chord track feature, similar to EZKeys chord wheel. That's enormously useful tool for MIDI (re-)arrangement.
2016/04/21 10:37:45
TheMaartian
Mesh
Although Cthulhu isn't exactly what you're looking for, it might serve as a very powerful too for us "non-keybordists".

It allows us to play 1 finger chord progressions from the few 100 included presets, AND you can create your own chord progressions (in Learn mode). It tells you what chords you're playing and also comes with a powerful arpeggiator.

Review here: http://www.keyboardmag.com/effects-plug-ins/1213/xfer-records-cthulhu-chord-plug-in/29267

Product here:http://xferrecords.com/products/cthulhu

I'm demoing it right now and works well in Platinum.......looks like it's going to be on my to get list. 

EDIT: I also found this at the Xfer site......

"Cthulhu is able to analyze the chords you play and allow for various sorting options (Circle of 5ths, Chromatic, low note, etc) allowing for easy access over your chords!"

+1 for Cthulhu!

Note that Cthulhu was updated recently to v1.1.4 from v1.1.1b. I was unable to find any release notes, or any mention whatsoever, in the Xfer Cthulhu forum.

In case you have Cthulhu, or are considering getting it, and you missed the download links in the Cthulhu forum, here's a link to a .ZIP file with 2 ZIPs inside: one with the Cthulhu Chord keys and the other with full chord sets for NI's Komplete Kontrol.

https://drive.google.com/...HY76ym9U1I3WXJaRU9aNnM
2016/04/21 10:50:35
TheMaartian
Another good, existing option is Sundog Scale Studio. It's just been updated to v2.4.0. You can check it out at:

http://feelyoursound.com/sundog/

Here's their newest tips and techniques video.

2016/04/26 12:09:43
mdages
I would like to see a chord track in several stages.

Here's a recipe for the bakers.

#1: Visual representation
A visual guide to which chords I've used in my project would help me a lot on songwriting and composing.
It could help also to remember on the chords used in a project.
Currently I use workarrounds with markers or dummy-clips.

#2: Chord helper for different instruments
Auto arrangement of chords for several instruments would be fine. Writing chords for strings is a complete different thing as for a synth pad. It would be nice the daw could assist me on these tasks.

#3: Circle of fiths, matching chords, key progression etc.
A chord-toolset for composers and songwriters. The more music theoretical thing. A helper that shows me matching chords on a scale or helps to find progression from one key to another.

Sonar is a very good DAW for music recording, arranging and mixing. But in the area of creative composing and songwriting, other DAW's like Cubase have some better tools. Time to change this.

-Markus
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account