• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.10)
2015/08/06 08:56:45
John T
TerraSin
John TIf you mean for uninstalling, it should be visible in the "uninstall a program" link in Control Panel.

I meant the actual drivers. I'm going to have to manually remove them. I don't think that is what is causing the error though so I may be SOL on that one. Might just be the installer itself is buggered. I will give it another go tomorrow with a fresh copy.

Yep, I'm talking about the actual drivers. I know this isn't the case for all drivers, but the v700 driver does log an item in the programs list. I'm guessing that's how most or all of the Roland drivers work.
2015/08/06 11:54:20
tjmartn2
TerraSin
John TIf you mean for uninstalling, it should be visible in the "uninstall a program" link in Control Panel.

I meant the actual drivers. I'm going to have to manually remove them. I don't think that is what is causing the error though so I may be SOL on that one. Might just be the installer itself is buggered. I will give it another go tomorrow with a fresh copy.

You're not being super clear about what you're trying to do or what you mean by the "actual drivers," but my mistake before I found this thread was that I tried installing the old 8.1 drivers on 10, got to a certain point, and the installation quit. However, the drivers were partially installed somewhere (maybe? I just know I couldn't do anything without trying to remove the old ones). So what I had to do was go into the driver installation folder for Win 8.1 that I got from the Roland site, go to the 64bit folder, and run the uninstaller from there. However, it said it was incompatible with my version of Windows. To get around this I had to right-click on the uninstaller, and go to properties. I then checked the "Run in compatibility mode for:" and I changed that to Windows 8. Then I was able to finally uninstall and do a clean reinstall using the method in this thread afterwards.

I don't know if this helps, but you need to be clearer in your explanation to get good help.
2015/08/06 12:29:30
TerraSin
tjmartn2You're not being super clear about what you're trying to do or what you mean by the "actual drivers," but my mistake before I found this thread was that I tried installing the old 8.1 drivers on 10, got to a certain point, and the installation quit. However, the drivers were partially installed somewhere (maybe? I just know I couldn't do anything without trying to remove the old ones). So what I had to do was go into the driver installation folder for Win 8.1 that I got from the Roland site, go to the 64bit folder, and run the uninstaller from there. However, it said it was incompatible with my version of Windows. To get around this I had to right-click on the uninstaller, and go to properties. I then checked the "Run in compatibility mode for:" and I changed that to Windows 8. Then I was able to finally uninstall and do a clean reinstall using the method in this thread afterwards.

I don't know if this helps, but you need to be clearer in your explanation to get good help.

That's what I thought. They were uninstalled properly then because I didn't have that folder so it must have been something in the install application itself. I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens.
2015/08/06 21:44:48
Grem
MackTheKnight
Hi Grem,

Yes, the VS-100 is working great in Win 10.

Thanks. I will be upgrading soon. I have gotten very dependent on the VS100. Very good tool for Sonar.
2015/08/07 05:39:18
Tonberry
Hi, guys!
Could anyone that successfully have installed the VS-100 driver on Win10 please share their .INF-file with me?
I tried to do it myself, but even when I disable the Driver Verification it doesn't find my VS-100 during installation.
I havent been able to use my studio for almost two weeks, and this is my only problem with Win10 thus far :(
2015/08/07 08:10:57
MrCrazyJOEMAN
I can confirm that editing the ini file, then disabling the driver signature enforcement works with the Boss BR-800! 

No bugs as of yet but so far i am running Windows 10 with the BR-800 and everything is working perfectly thanks to this thread!
2015/08/08 11:10:17
dustriplin
Hey davidmusic53... were you able to get your 700C console to work?  Haven't heard from you... I was able to get just the console to work.. here is the hack for the rdif1088.inf in the [Manufacturer]  that I used to get my rig going (once I remembered to flip the 1 switch for console only use on the back of the 700C!  :)    )
;---------------------------------------------------------------;
[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.10
;[ControlFlags]
;ExcludeFromSelect=*
[Roland]
;; Windows7 - Windows XP 64
;; not supported
[Roland.NTamd64.10]
;; Windows8
%RDID0088DeviceDesc%=RDID0088Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_00FC ; VS-700C
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; not supported
;===============================================================;
2015/08/10 08:52:11
THambrecht
I have just installed the Windows-8-driver under Windows 10.
Just set the driver-signing signatures to OFF and patched the .inf-file.
The VS700C is shown as a working interface.
Sonar (Platinum) recognizes the interfaces.
And Sonar observes wether it is switched on or off.
But the VS700C does *** NOT work ***.
There is no connection between a fader and a track.

It is shown as surface and it is shown in the MIDI-List - but it does not work.
2015/08/10 11:06:22
dustriplin
THambrecht
I have just installed the Windows-8-driver under Windows 10.
Just set the driver-signing signatures to OFF and patched the .inf-file.
The VS700C is shown as a working interface.
Sonar (Platinum) recognizes the interfaces.
And Sonar observes wether it is switched on or off.
But the VS700C does *** NOT work ***.
There is no connection between a fader and a track.

It is shown as surface and it is shown in the MIDI-List - but it does not work.

It sure looks like you followed the recipe ... my experience was different and I did get the VS700C to work as it should under SONAR.. puzzling for sure.  I'm pressed for time right now, but when I can, I'll try to give you a specific blow-by-blow of my installation and see if we can't see anything that might have gone differently between our two installs.

Has anyone else had problems like what THambrecht has seen?
-Dur
2015/08/10 14:02:48
THambrecht
Perfect - Now the VS700C works perfect.
I have to set the surface to Mackie Control.
That was the mistake. It must set to Mackie.

Onother way to turn the driver-signing OFF and ON:
Run "cmd" as Administrator:
##to turn driver-signing OFF:
BCDEDIT Set LoadOptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT Set TESTSIGNING ON

##to turn driver-signing ON --- back to the normal state ---:
BCDEDIT Set LoadOptions EENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT Set TESTSIGNING OFF
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account