• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.12)
2015/08/14 11:39:16
jan.ynske
For a complete temporary solution for the VS100, see:
"http://forum.cakewalk.com/Sonar-VStudio-100-Driver-Does-not-load-on-Windows-10-m3269153.aspx"
Again I had to use quotes for the link.
To my opinion there is no need to rollback the W10 installation to W7 or W8.

Jan
2015/08/16 18:50:42
abartky
Hey fellow Cakewalkers,

I was able to use the commands that THambrecht posted to run cmd as administrator and use that to turn off and on driver-signing and with the .inf file changes was able to install the 8.1 driver in Windows 10.
Steps I did was:
- Turn off signing from the cmd console under admin rights
- Restart the machine.
- On restarting the machine, my main screen now showed "Test Mode" "Windows 10" in the bottom half of my machine.
- Plugged in my VS-100 to a USB port
- Went to device manager and removed the old Windows 7 driver.
- Unplugged my VS-100 from USB
- Navigated to the 8.1 driver downloaded with the modified .inf file (as shown in other posts).
- Ran the install.
- Got a Windows warning screen about un-signed driver, clicked on "install anyway".
- Install program worked as normal, including telling you when to plug in the VS-100.
- After install program completed, bring up the cmd console with Admin rights and turn signing back on.
- Restart the machine.  After restart the "Test mode" text in the bottom right of the screen was gone.
- Brought up Sonar X3 and it works like a champ :-)

Thanks so much to everyone on the forum that helped out on this.  I'm really glad to have my VS-100 working again :-)

Cheers,

Alan
2015/08/20 14:34:01
THambrecht
As I see on the Roland Compatibilty Site, Roland has interred the VS700 Console.
With a trick it is possible to install the Windows 8.1 driver on windows 10.
But with me it works only with Mackie protocol - and not with the "Cakewalk Generic Surface"
I cannot switch the faders between track and bus. And I cannot switch the faders +8

Has someone any workaround to get it really to work with the "Cakewalk Generic Surface" ?
2015/08/20 23:24:56
jayson
Guess I'm going to trying this hack soon but am wondering if anyone has tried using the Win 7 64bit drivers instead of the Win 8 ones?  If I understanding it correctly, the more recent Win 8 drivers introduced a problem with the Main fader going out of sync and I'm wondering if I modified in inf file as per above and follow the steps, it might work?

Here the section from the Win7 64bit console only drivers:

[Manufacturer] %MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.1,NTamd64.6.2
;[ControlFlags] ;ExcludeFromSelect=*
[Roland] ;; WindowsVista 64 or Windows XP 64 ;; not supported
[Roland.NTamd64.6.1] ;; Windows7 %RDID0088DeviceDesc%=RDID0088Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_00FC ; VS-700C
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2] ;; not supported

Cheers,

jayson
2015/08/23 11:45:43
John T
jayson
If I understanding it correctly, the more recent Win 8 drivers introduced a problem with the Main fader going out of sync and I'm wondering if I modified in inf file as per above and follow the steps, it might work?

That's not to do with win 8 drivers. I had that problem on Win 7.
2015/08/26 00:38:40
jayson
Thanks John.  Just to clarify, did you use modify the Win 8.1 drivers or the Win 7 ones?

Cheers,

jayson
2015/08/26 09:01:35
John T
I downloaded the Win 8.1 drivers.
2015/09/06 21:26:10
davidmusic53
Well I got the 77C working pretty well. I never owned the rack.
I will keep you all posted on how well its holding up. Thank you all for your great work!
2015/09/24 18:36:52
Nils-Petter
Hey. I've tried this method with no luck - only I used the cmd in admin mode approach. It didn't work. Then I used the method with shift-restart - troubleshooting .. and so on... outlined in the beginning of this thread - worked like a charm! I own the BR-800, and finally, I don't hate it!  :-)

I joined this forum to say thanks, guys! And to possibly help others who are not having luck With the cmd approach.
2015/09/24 18:52:52
dustriplin
Same with me!  Thanks for helping us out!  John T and friends did a magnificent job managing this forum and keeping it going to a conclusion.  Love my rig, like Win 10, and I'm very thankful for the folks on this forum who helped guide us.  Happy music making!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account