• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.14)
2015/10/16 01:21:24
TerraSin
Will give those a try and check back in. Thanks.
2015/11/06 14:17:01
dogfall
V700c up and running on Windows 10!
Thanks for the code hack.
2015/11/06 19:06:15
TerraSin
Apparently Roland is taking credit for the modified drivers now. I emailed them asking once again and they sent me this:

We sent a request for updated drivers to our corporate Roland/ BOSS headquarters in Japan. They have informed us that due to the age of the product, they will not longer be designing drivers for the product unfortunately.
However, we designed an informal workaround here in Product Support that got a VS-700 running on Windows 10. The modified driver, as well as install instructions, are attached.
Please note that this is not a formal driver release. We cannot guarantee compatibility and we don't have operational support if the driver does not work on your computer unfortunately.
Kind regards,
Roland Product Support

What a bunch of scumbags.
2015/11/06 19:14:07
Doktor Avalanche
Well many people won't buy a Volkswagen again, and many may apply the same sort of thinking to Roland. Too bad so sad...
2015/11/26 10:39:12
keneds
Every time I read this thread I start thinking....maybe I should try this, But then I tell myself...... Hey stupid...Everything is running fine now, Why ruin it? I just feel like I would be poking a bee's nest.

But then, If I did the update I would be able to get one of them fancy touch screens I think.
2015/11/28 01:58:54
tkarman
I only have the VS-700 Console and this worked great for me when I used the vs700c_w81d_v201 driver and modified it by pasting the code below in the inf file per dustriplin's advice above. 

I also would like to point out to those that are using the Mackie control profile in "controller/surface" to nix that and download this file I'll link below which will put the 700c profile back in as an option.  This gets you almost all the functionality back that you may have had in sonar X3 or earlier.

Apparently I can't post a link right now but maybe this will work...just remove the arrows.

<------www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013201/V-Studio-700-Control-Surface-Plug-in-version-1-2-update#----->

Code to past for Console only driver support

;---------------------------------------------------------------;
[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.10
;[ControlFlags]
;ExcludeFromSelect=*
[Roland]
;; Windows7 - Windows XP 64
;; not supported
[Roland.NTamd64.10]
;; Windows8
%RDID0088DeviceDesc%=RDID0088Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_00FC ; VS-700C
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; not supported
;===============================================================;

2015/11/30 04:53:18
Manolo
Excepted the Channel Strip Control where the match between what you see on screen and what you have on the CSC is a mess, it works well (VS-700C only) with the dustriplin hack. Thanks John T, amitte and dustriplin for this and shame on Roland.
2015/12/03 10:17:09
TerraSin
As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last Roland product I buy. I was planning on getting a V-Drum TD-30KV this year too. I'll be looking more into Yamaha and Alesis instead. If they refuse support for a flagship product regardless of their relationship with the DAW it was made for, who knows how long they'd support their other products.
2015/12/04 02:36:49
louisodwyer
TerraSin said : I use to have a VS-700 tab in my Utilities which should bring up the I/O Editor which could also be opened via the I/O Control button on the console. That button no longer works and I no longer have the I/O Editor as an option inside Sonar in my Utilities to turn it on.

I had the same issue, it was easy to fix, as follows:

I then installed Sonar Platinum and fired it up.
Most of the Console worked fine, ie. faders,transport buttons, arm/solo/mute buttons.
However, the I/O Control button didn’t work and I was unable to set the input levels on the 700R, from the Console. When I pressed SHIFT-I/O Control, I got an error message about midi devices already in use.
I booted up my Win7 OS and compared the enabled midi devices in Sonar with those on my Win81 OS.
I found one device that should NOT be enabled, IO (VS-700). The one that should be enabled is IO MIDI (VS-700).
I unchecked IO (VS-700), restarted Sonar, and it all works like a dream.
2015/12/15 18:46:28
Westside Steve Simmons
Well this is good news indeed.
I guess for a while I don't really have a need to upgrade to Windows 10 but I always feel a little bit weird using older operating systems. I assume they will support 8.1 for a good long time?

I wonder if Roland will authorize this as an official work around?

WSS
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account