• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.15)
2015/12/25 01:52:09
Anderton
I can't see to disable driver signatures...I get to this point:

After it restarts again, you will be given a list of startup settings. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.
-Your PC will then reboot and you will be able to install unsigned drivers without any error message.

The numbered options show up, but when I type F7 (or 7), nothing happens. If I hit "Enter," nothing happens. The screen stays up and I have to hard boot to get back to Windows. Any clues?
2015/12/25 12:03:25
keneds
Mr. A., anxious to see how you make out after this process. Please comment with your outcome. Thank you.
2015/12/25 15:45:12
LANEY
I just tested the VS-100 and everything worked like it should in Windows 10.  This made me very happy.  Maybe next week I will update my desktop and see if my VS-700 C & R will work too.  But I have to wait to finish my current project and get a little braver.
2015/12/26 14:12:29
dustriplin

I can't see to disable driver signatures...I get to this point:

After it restarts again, you will be given a list of startup settings. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.
-Your PC will then reboot and you will be able to install unsigned drivers without any error message.

The numbered options show up, but when I type F7 (or 7), nothing happens. If I hit "Enter," nothing happens. The screen stays up and I have to hard boot to get back to Windows. Any clues?

Anderton
Unusual error.....

Just for reference, I used this URL to figure out how to disable the driver signatures, it has pictures which I desperately needed to figure things out  :
http://www.top-password.com/blog/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-10-8-7/

... did some poking around about your error and found these url's:  They are for windows 8 but they are the only things I found in my quick search

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/unable-to-use-7-f7-or-any-other-keys-to-choose-the/37def703-4cd8-46e1-8074-8e8f3f2e0e46

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/68543-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8-1

In short, from my readings, there can be problems with Microsoft Surface II and you might need to follow the first URL to figure that out.   

The second URL, down in the comments section talks about a problem with a keyboard that has "Action Keys".  If on the keyboard you have "Action Keys" , they are keys that adjust brightness/music controls/volume controls that share a key with the F keys. With Action Keys enabled, you might have to press Function + F7 to get the standard F7 behavior. Meanwhile the F7 key without the Function key might be doing other things.  You can also disabled the Action Keys in the BIOS and this might help you be able to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

I also read somewhere else where someone needed to make sure and press the f7 fast enough for it to accept the change...

Anyway, hope somewhere in this is something that helps!

2015/12/31 14:09:27
Glenville
Hello John T,

Seasons greetings brother.
I hoping you can provided some assistance with getting my VS700C control surface to work with windows 10. I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and for the life of me I just cant get the control surface to work as it use to in windows 7. I followed all the information provided but the surface only works in mackie control and only the transport buttons work. most of the other controls does not work and if they do they represent something entirely different to the command. eg if i press the console button to go into console view it adds an audio track. Please any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Really don't know what i'm doing wrong

Regards

Glenville
2016/01/03 09:40:47
keneds
Has Mr. Anderton made any progress on this "work around"?
2016/01/03 21:59:00
jayson
I just noticed his sig on the forum says it's up for sale so I'm thinking no. 

I just did the upgrade to Windows 10 and after some none related hic ups and some very limited testing, the workaround seems to have worked for me.  I forgot to uninstall the Win 7 drivers before I updated to the only additional step I had was to uninstall the old drivers first.  I used the uninstall exe file in the modified Win 8 drivers I used.

Cheers,

jayson
2016/01/04 08:48:48
LANEY
I am interested to know if you get it working Jayson.  Keep us informed, please
2016/01/05 08:07:34
Manolo
I made the jump last week from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64 on my main PC. I did a test on my laptop before (my previous post in this thread).

Everything fine with Sonar X2 Producer. I just modified the RDIF1088.INF with dustriplin intructions, disabled the drivers signature with the command prompt, launched the setup.exe, turned on the VS-700C and enabled the drivers signature.
2016/01/23 21:38:49
actualstarbuck
I've tried to follow the instructions exactly, altering the .inf and booting into the mode that allows unsigned driver installs, but my installer stalls out at the "Ready to install the driver" screen and the "Next" button never goes clickable.

Does anyone know if there is something different that has to be done to the .inf with the latest version of Win10?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account