• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.16)
2016/01/29 14:59:14
TerraSin
I wanted to give you guys a heads up on something I've been doing the past few days. I've been tagging Roland US and Roland Japan on Twitter with angry tweets about them no longer supporting and putting out drivers for the V-Studio gear.

Now before this goes any further here, I want to mention I'm not looking to start a debate about hardware support life cycles. I'm well aware that companies will stop supporting hardware over time as they age. That said, most of the time when that happens, it's to hardware that costs a couple hundred, not $4000+ and not to something that was meant to be a flagship item.

In any event, after 3 days I've finally gotten a response:

Roland U.S. ‏@Roland_US 2h2 hours ago
@terrasin You have been flagged for our product support department and they will follow up with you shortly. Thanks for your patience 

What does this mean? Not much right now, maybe nothing at all but for those of us who have the V-Studio and would like to see it supported further, they need to know there is a demand for it and that we're upset about the way things are being handled on their end. I have yet to see any system that compares to the potential the V-Studio system offered. If there is a chance we could convince Roland to continue support for it, I want to attempt to push for it. I'll keep you guys updated.
2016/01/29 18:12:49
keneds
Excellent work.
2016/02/04 02:16:33
geordiewingbolt
I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 (not 8.1).
I have the VS700R.
The instructions in the first post of this thread worked but, after clicking the driver installation exe, I had to wait for a very long time before it eventually finished.
I'm guessing between 5 and 10 minutes where it looked like nothing was happening and I only had the option of clicking cancel.
That was after it showed VS-700 and VS-700 M2 in the device manager.

Just in case anyone tries this and thinks it isn't working.

Thanks for making this work.
2016/03/19 21:22:00
actualstarbuck
No idea from anyone on the thread how to "force" the installer to make the NEXT button appear when the 700c is powered/connected?

I've verified in Device Manager that the VS-700c is showing up to Windows OS, but the installer never sees it so I'm stuck.

Thanks for any assistance.

2016/03/20 04:04:11
M@
Hi Starbuck, I've had the same situation with both VS700 (set) and with a Roland keyboard PatchEdit software...... in my case the driver/software setups did not continue (even though through the device was listed in device manager) because:
a) driver signing check was not yet disabled
b) i had not yet manually edited the drivers .inf file

You'll find the info on how to do this in the thread above.

Edit: remember win8 and win10 need different changes to the .inf file
2016/03/20 14:48:38
actualstarbuck
Thanks. I've definitely disabled driver signing (I've restarted in that "safe" mode and I'm getting the warning dialog and clicking through to accept it during the install). As for the .inf, I've copied/pasted the verbatim text from the first page and first post of this thread to my "Manufacturers" section of the .inf.

Can anyone post the full text of their edited .inf for Win10 that worked for them? That way I can eliminate another variable and, hopefully, get this brick on my desk to the turn back into a mixer! :)
2016/03/21 14:13:51
M@
Starbuck..I'm using the VS700 SET drivers. You have the VS700C without the 700R am I right (i.e. different driver).
I can give you the .inf file I used as soon as I get to my studio (maybe later on today or else by Wednesday the latest)
Maybe it helps or you can copy/paste from there.
2016/03/21 22:56:05
actualstarbuck
M@
Starbuck..I'm using the VS700 SET drivers. You have the VS700C without the 700R am I right (i.e. different driver).
I can give you the .inf file I used as soon as I get to my studio (maybe later on today or else by Wednesday the latest)
Maybe it helps or you can copy/paste from there.

That's right. I'm just using the 700c as a mixer (I've got an RME UFX for audio card). And Win10 Pro (x64).

Thanks for any assistance. I'm up for trying anything at this point.

2016/03/21 23:37:31
TerraSin
I've not been able to get the 700C to work independently at this point.
2016/03/21 23:42:50
actualstarbuck
It's so annoying that the install method doesn't allow for straight updating of drivers. The "wait until the next button lights up" is the problem.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account