• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.18)
2016/04/06 06:58:50
M@
Yeah, another VS working on Win10!

It seems the wait for the 'next' button to light up after plugging in the usb cable of the VS does take very long for some users....
I noticed that if I have the device manager open the moment I plug in my VS it recognises three devices; if they show up as unknown devices the next button doesn't light up (at least I never waited more than 5 min.)
If however you see three audio-devices appear the next button will 'soon' (1 min. ) light up.
2016/05/04 18:10:17
actualstarbuck
Folks,
Well, I finally got a response from Roland-US after some social media shaming, and they were very helpful and sent me a set of modified drivers to try (unsupported, of course).

The problem I have NOW is that somehow I've gotten stuck in a loop where the installer thinks it needs to be uninstalled, even though I've uninstalled and rebooted a dozen times and also unistalled from the Device Manager.

Does anyone have a workaround or fix for this to get me out of the loop so I can try installing the new drivers?
2016/05/04 23:01:06
TerraSin
actualstarbuck
Folks,
Well, I finally got a response from Roland-US after some social media shaming, and they were very helpful and sent me a set of modified drivers to try (unsupported, of course).

The problem I have NOW is that somehow I've gotten stuck in a loop where the installer thinks it needs to be uninstalled, even though I've uninstalled and rebooted a dozen times and also unistalled from the Device Manager.

Does anyone have a workaround or fix for this to get me out of the loop so I can try installing the new drivers?

They tried sending me the same ones... and they took credit for making them. They didn't. Someone here did.

Are you turning off driver signatures when you try installing them?
2016/05/05 00:03:43
actualstarbuck
Yes, I've been turning off driver signing, etc.

The issue is that I can't even get that far into the installer. I'm getting the "error - must uninstall" on every try, even though I've uninstalled dozens of times in multiple ways and rebooted.

As for the modified drivers from Roland - I've tried every variation I could from this forum and had no luck getting the damn "next" button to light up. Figure I might as well try one more time.
2016/05/06 12:23:31
TerraSin
You need to manually uninstall the driver completely from the computer then because the uninstaller is leaving something on there. Try through device manager.
2016/05/06 12:47:24
actualstarbuck
Yes, I've uninstalled from Device Manager and literally dozens of times (plus reboots) from every installer instance I have. 

I wish I knew what the install.exe was using to determine whether to throw that "uninstall" flag and could then manually remove the keys and components.
2016/05/15 16:19:17
Moogfan
Wow...

Confirmed this process works as described on a boot camped MacPro, and I couldn't be more relieved. Thank you so much for posting this, I can now finally use all 32GB of memory.

2016/05/16 15:03:06
TerraSin
Has anyone been able to get just the controller working in 10? If I could get that working, I'd be happy but it seems they got rid of the single driver for the controller itself and bundled it with the rack. Using USB, I've not been able to get Sonar to see the controller at all in the midi settings.

Dip switch is set to 1-On.
2016/05/17 05:54:28
Manolo
I only have the VS-700C and i works with Win10.
2016/05/17 22:05:49
TerraSin
Anything you can mention on what you did to get it working?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account