• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.19)
2016/05/18 04:43:50
Manolo
Nothing special, I followed the instructions as I noticed here : http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3346637

I used the modification from dustriplin here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3269723, I don't remember if it's the same as described in the 1st post of the same thread.
2016/05/18 23:25:48
TerraSin
Manolo
Nothing special, I followed the instructions as I noticed here : http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3346637

I used the modification from dustriplin here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3269723, I don't remember if it's the same as described in the 1st post of the same thread.

Thanks, I'll give that a go tomorrow. Need to unpack my 700C
2016/05/19 18:32:57
TerraSin
It's alive!

I ended up trying the vs700c_w81d_v201 drivers rather than the vs700_w81d_v202 drivers and it's working again. Thanks :)
2016/05/19 18:52:55
actualstarbuck
TerraSin
It's alive!

I ended up trying the vs700c_w81d_v201 drivers rather than the vs700_w81d_v202 drivers and it's working again. Thanks :)

Would you mind sending me exactly what you used to get it working? If I can get out of this frickin' uninstall-loop I will give it a shot.
2016/05/20 11:33:16
TerraSin
actualstarbuck
Would you mind sending me exactly what you used to get it working? If I can get out of this frickin' uninstall-loop I will give it a shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziawk192g0qbk49/vs700c_w81d_v201%20Fix.rar?dl=0
Link to the modified driver.

Make sure the others are uninstalled first through the Windows Uninstaller in Control Panel.

Turn off driver signatures:
Turned off the driver-signing signatures:  I'll outline the procedure here for Windows 10.
-Find the power options on the Start Menu (the microsoft symbol in the bottom left).
-Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.
-Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.
-Head into Advanced options.
-Head into Startup Settings.
-You will select the restart option.
-After it restarts again, you will be given a list of startup settings. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.
-Your PC will then reboot and you will be able to install unsigned drivers without any error message.

Find the files and unrar them into their own folder. Don't use the installer in the first folder but instead, find the 64bit installer in the subfolders. It should be vs700c_w81d_v201 Fix > Files > 64bit > Setup.exe.

Make sure dip switch 1 is set to "on" on the back of your 700c

Make sure the control is turned off and run the installer. It will do it's thing and you turn it on when asked.

After that, it should install properly.
2016/05/23 05:51:19
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
John T
No, everything behaves the same as it did before.

With quite a few reports of successful VS-700 installations on win10 and considerable time gone by - is that what you all agree on?

All functionality there?
Stability of the audio driver same, better, worse?
Worth the effort?

2016/05/23 14:32:39
actualstarbuck
TerraSin
actualstarbuck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziawk192g0qbk49/vs700c_w81d_v201%20Fix.rar?dl=0
Link to the modified driver.

Make sure the others are uninstalled first through the Windows Uninstaller in Control Panel.

Turn off driver signatures:
Turned off the driver-signing signatures:  I'll outline the procedure here for Windows 10.
-Find the power options on the Start Menu (the microsoft symbol in the bottom left).
-Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.
-Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.
-Head into Advanced options.
-Head into Startup Settings.
-You will select the restart option.
-After it restarts again, you will be given a list of startup settings. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.
-Your PC will then reboot and you will be able to install unsigned drivers without any error message.

Find the files and unrar them into their own folder. Don't use the installer in the first folder but instead, find the 64bit installer in the subfolders. It should be vs700c_w81d_v201 Fix > Files > 64bit > Setup.exe.

Make sure dip switch 1 is set to "on" on the back of your 700c

Make sure the control is turned off and run the installer. It will do it's thing and you turn it on when asked.

After that, it should install properly.

Holy crap, IT WORKED! I am back in business. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was about to heave it into the bin.

Something about your driver file made the difference for me. Anyone else using it in standalone mode who haven't yet gotten it working should give this a go. 

Also, my uninstall loop was b/c there was still an entry under the Control Panel-->Programs Uninstall dialog, even though I had uninstalled from the Roland driver file AND the Device Manager. 

Whew. I feel a whole lot better now.

2016/05/24 14:54:46
TerraSin
Glad it worked for you. :)
2016/05/24 14:57:49
TerraSin
Rob[atSound-Rehab]With quite a few reports of successful VS-700 installations on win10 and considerable time gone by - is that what you all agree on?

All functionality there?
Worth the effort?

I think we all agree that Roland can kiss our asses. They lost an $8000 sale from me this year since I am no longer spending money on a V-Drum kit and getting a Pintech instead.

Functionality was not there for me.
Stability was non-existent for the 700R. I had to dump it and got a UAD Apollo Twin Duo.
Worth the effort for the control surface because I have yet to find one I like better. That's all I can say on my end.
2016/05/24 18:22:27
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
TerraSin
Rob[atSound-Rehab]With quite a few reports of successful VS-700 installations on win10 and considerable time gone by - is that what you all agree on?

All functionality there?
Worth the effort?

I think we all agree that Roland can kiss our asses. They lost an $8000 sale from me this year since I am no longer spending money on a V-Drum kit and getting a Pintech instead.

Functionality was not there for me.
Stability was non-existent for the 700R. I had to dump it and got a UAD Apollo Twin Duo.
Worth the effort for the control surface because I have yet to find one I like better. That's all I can say on my end.

I do agree that Roland won't see anymore of my money. Yet, I don't understand the rest of your post (probably mine was not to the point earlier on): Are you talking about functionality and stability "in general" meaning win7/win8/win10 or did it get worse with the transition to win10 using this hack?

I do have occasional issues with the audio driver crashing on win7 in certain combinations (heavy Kontakt use or AD2+FabFilter) and was wondering whether I could expect similar/better/worse if I migrate to win10 and apply this hack to get the VS700C + VS700R running.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account