• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.23)
2016/08/11 12:11:17
kolyawe
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
kolyawe
Hi there,

I am wondering if the Anniversary update of Windows 10 (with number 1607) makes problem with VS drivers. Or is everything updating smoothly with the VS700 i/o and console ?

Regards,
Kolyawe

I had to uninstall/reinstall the tweaked driver on my personal setup, but everything seems to be working properly now.

Thanks
I applied the WIndows 10 Anniversay Update (1607) over Windows 10 (1511).
This makes the driver down (it seems it's an expected behavior on the Anniversay Update : it disables installed unsigned driver). So I confirm what Jon Sasor wrote : I had to re-install the VS drivers.

VS700 I/O and console both works well with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607).

Have a nice end of week.
2016/08/11 22:07:38
jayson
Just to clarify, did you uninstall the drivers before updating to the Anniversary Update and then reinstall as per hacked instructions or just update Win 10, uninstall and reinstall the tweaked drivers?

Cheers,

jayson
2016/08/12 05:27:40
kolyawe
jayson
Just to clarify, did you uninstall the drivers before updating to the Anniversary Update and then reinstall as per hacked instructions or just update Win 10, uninstall and reinstall the tweaked drivers?

1. Clearly I did not uninstall the VS700 drivers before updating Windows 10.
2. After the Anniversary Update is applied, the VS driver installer will first of all uninstall the VS driver (so your computer will also be restarted by the uninstaller). Once they are uninstalled, the VS drivers can be installed again (make sure you turn off the "Driver signature checking").
2016/08/15 17:51:57
jayson
Great.  I'm still waiting for the update but might do it manually now that I know the step's.  Thanks.

Cheers,

jayson
2016/08/28 17:42:20
jayson
So I just completed updating to the Anniversary update and have my VS700c operating by following the instructions. But just a word of warning, when you uninstall the driver, use the program that is in the same location as the setup program for your modified INF file.  I initially used uninstall program from the Control Panel and uninstalled the VS-700 Control Surface Plug-in which uninstalled the VS700.dll file (DOH!).  If this happens to you, you will need to get the VS700.dll file from this location:

https://github.com/Cakewalk/Cakewalk-Control-Surface-SDK/blob/master/Bin/x64/VS700.dll?raw=true

And then download the following program from Cakewalk to register the plugin in Sonar.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013201/V-Studio-700-Control-Surface-Plug-in-version-1-2-update

Cheers,

jayson
2016/09/22 00:37:25
Beeej21
Hello All,

I cannot begin to thank you all, each of you, enough for saving my arse time and time again on here when it comes to this forsaken (literally) V-700 system.  I have been using my V-700 set (C and R) system just fine all these months in Windows 10 without any issue, when suddenly after what seemed like a routine update (Windows and NVidia, I think), my OS could no longer find my hardware.  Sonar Platinum couldn't find my Master bus, and I was freaking out!

I came across this thread, managed to uninstall the drivers, etc, etc.  Initially, I too was having trouble with "install/uninstall" issue.  Then I read about how to turn off the driver-signing signatures.

Thank you TerraSin and others for providing the instructions and files.  The updated setup files I downloaded here was simply magic!

Here's my new issue, however.  I went through all the steps, and now my V700C is working just fine in Sonar, by itself.  But when I flip the number 1 dip switch back off on the back of V700C, connect the I/O cable, and then turn on the V700R, I lose everything in Sonar.  I need the V700R because it is my primary I/O and the master audio goes out from it.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the V700R working again with the V700C?  Is there a similar install process I have to go through for the Rack unit?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.
2016/09/22 02:21:34
Beeej21
Rob[atSound-Rehab]

BTW, I did install the VS-700C driver first (which I had not used in standalone mode by itself up to now) and just ran the surface with an Octa-Capture as interface for a while. Then I installed the VS-700R the usual way ...

Hi Rob, I seem to be unable to get the VS-700R to work now.  I have had success installing the VS-700C, but it is in stand alone mode.  Can you please help me out by letting me know how you went about installing the Rack after you installed the Console?  I can't seem to recall the "usual way" that you mentioned. Thanks in advance!

PS:  I tried sending you a PM, but I don't think it sent through.  I can't see it in my sent folder.  So I am trying here.  If the PM went through, I am sorry for the redundant question.
2016/09/22 04:36:00
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
got the PMs and just send you a copy of the moded installers for both VS700C and VS700R that worked for me
2016/09/22 05:18:32
Beeej21
Rob[atSound-Rehab]
got the PMs and just send you a copy of the moded installers for both VS700C and VS700R that worked for me

Rob, you are a lifesaver.  Your help, the files, your advice and instructions were huge.  Thanks so much for getting me back up and running again.  Thank you a million times over!!
2016/09/22 19:30:18
tkarman
First of all, thank you all for the work in getting the V700 working in windows 10!  I had use this forum earlier in the year to get my V700 console working after upgrading from windows 7.  Now, however it has stopped working since Windows force updated to 1607 last night. 

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver using the previous instructions that had worked for me in the past with no luck.  I got to the point where the install program asked me to plug the device in.  When I did windows made it's usual "found a new device" sound but the VS-700 showed up in the device manager with an exclamation point and a question mark icon and the driver install program never found the device to continue the installation.  I then attempted to uninstall the driver again and now I get this screen every time I try to reinstall.  No matter what I have tried I can't seem to get past this screen.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account