• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.24)
2016/09/22 20:56:24
Beeej21
tkarman, are you installing the drivers for just the console or the set (console and rack)?

I had this issue myself yesterday, and I was up all night wrestling with it.  The Win update to build 1607 (anniversary update) screwed me over big time.

It is working now, however.  You will need to go through the steps on turning off driver signatures.  Check the previous page of posts in this thread. TerraSin posted on #184 the steps.
2016/09/23 01:46:05
tkarman
Thanks for the reply Beeej21.  I do only have the v700 console.  I also have turned off Driver Signatures every time I've attempted this.  At one point early on in my attempts I had the install program working all the way to the final step but the actual detection of the v700 console didn't happen when I powered it up.  At that point it did show up in the device manager, however again, the install program never detected it.  Since then I only get the above message "An Error Has Occurred...." ever time I tried to install.
2016/09/23 02:16:54
Beeej21
Hey tkarman,

Okay, I had to go through this because the "anniversary update" screwed me over as well.  Let's make sure you are covering all the bases.

1.  Have you uninstalled the drivers using the appropriate unistall package file?  Usually the same one found in the directory of the setup file you are running?  Don't use the add/remove program feature.

2. Is dip switch number 1 on the back of the console turned "ON"? - all the rest should be off

3.  Is the setup.exe file you are using modded (meaning that you've made the necessary changes to the .INI file)?  IF you are like me and can't trust yourself to make the changes correctly, then TerraSin posted this link earlier in this thread to the modded files:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziawk192g0qbk49/vs700c_w81d_v201%20Fix.rar?dl=0

4.  Are you running the setup.exe file from the 64bit folder? (you should be)

Those are the primary things I can think of that I had to do in order to get Win 10 build 1607 to recognize the V700C again.
2016/09/23 15:19:08
tkarman
Yup, all those are a check.  I didn't have the dip switch down but I tried it again with number 1 off to no avail.  It has been up this whole time in the "ON" position and the console was working fine before the 1607 update.  What I'm wondering is if there is a registry key I need to delete that is making the driver install think that there is still installed drivers.  I've searched around in the registry to no avail.
2016/09/23 15:26:16
Beeej21
Man... I can't think of anything else that we are missing here, tkarman.  You might right though, if you have already made sure that you are turning off your driver signatures each time, then there may be some residual files somewhere or something in the registry making your OS think it isn't fully uninstalled.

Time to elevate your issue to the next level, cuz I am already out of ideas.  Hopefully someone else can weigh in here and give you some advice or feedback based on their experience.
2016/09/23 15:49:05
tkarman
****SOLVED****

First let me point out that if you only have the console and no I/O(Rack) dip 1 needs to be "ON" or it will not show up properly in device manager.  All other dips should be "OFF"

If anyone else has my problem with the driver install constantly telling you that there is an error and to uninstall the drivers ----> here is the solution.

I decided to try and force install the driver from Device Manager and it worked!!!  First boot into troubleshoot mode and disabled driver signing by selecting number "7".  Then turn on the VS-700 Console.  Open up Device Manager by right clicking on the windows icon and selecting it.  Then right click on the VS-700C in the device manager and click on properties.   From here click the "Drivers" tab and select "Update Driver".  Select the second option "Browse my Computer for driver software".  Click "Browse" and then select the 64 bit "Files" folder of the VS-700C *fixed* drivers that you have either edit the *.ini file in or downloaded the already fixed drivers to.

..\vs700c_w81d_v201 Fix\Files\64bit\Files

Select next and it will tell you the drivers aren't signed.  Click install anyway and if all is good it should install and be working immediately.
2016/09/23 16:07:18
Beeej21
Wow!!  Good work!!!  So glad you found this workaround!  With this latest Anniversary Update from Windows, I know there are going to be quite a few of us struggling with getting our VS700 units functional again, and your resolution is certainly going to be appreciated.

You are correct, tkarman, the dip switch should be "ON" not off.  That was my bad, and I will go back and edit my post to reflect that so no one will be lead astray if they read my post.  TerraSin's post (#184) said it should be ON as well, which is the post I referred to earlier.

Thanks for posting your solution on here!!
2016/09/26 00:06:53
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Did any of you guys with a functional VS-700R / VS-700C on 1607 come from a clean build (as opposed to in-place upgrades)? I read somewhere that the driver signing disabled trick to install legacy drivers only works for upgraded machines ...
2016/09/26 16:29:06
Beeej21
I didn't come to Windows 10 from a fresh install of Windows.  I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate.
2016/09/27 00:26:23
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Nevermind. I gave it a go and everything is fine. VS-700R and VS-700C installed on all systems with win10 #1607 without any issues (well, the issue was to get 1607 itself installed because one machine just wouldn't want to). So contrary to what is out there somewhere on the web it did not make a difference whether you come from a clean build or an in place upgrade.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account