• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.26)
2017/02/16 14:25:13
Nino Vargas
Hi guys , news?
2017/03/13 17:04:17
actualstarbuck
Update: I was able to use the Mackie control surface preset, which got me 95% of the right mappings to the VS-700c.

The only major issues I can't seem to fix it that my tape transport controls all work EXCEPT for the "go to beginning" ( |< ) button, which does nothing. If I could find a way to map that I'd be perfectly happy.

I'm also surprised that the full ACT data for the VS-700c doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Seems like it should, and that it would be a decent way of future-proofing in case later versions of Sonar somehow break the mapping.
2017/03/14 10:40:53
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
actualstarbuck
Update: I was able to use the Mackie control surface preset, which got me 95% of the right mappings to the VS-700c.

The only major issues I can't seem to fix it that my tape transport controls all work EXCEPT for the "go to beginning" ( |< ) button, which does nothing. If I could find a way to map that I'd be perfectly happy.

I'm also surprised that the full ACT data for the VS-700c doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Seems like it should, and that it would be a decent way of future-proofing in case later versions of Sonar somehow break the mapping.

There is no reason why you should not have full functionality of vs-700 in Sonar under win10. You need to have the right control surface dll for Sonar installed, instead of using the Mackie one which will only give you limited functionality.

did you try using this? https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013201/V-Studio-700-Control-Surface-Plug-in-version-1-2-update
2017/03/14 20:08:46
actualstarbuck
Thanks, that did it! Not sure why my installation didn't have the VS-700 showing up properly, but everything is back to normal now. Gratzi.
2017/04/06 16:22:31
gergstudio
Can we just get some win 10 drivers and reopen support for the vs700? c'mon... Some of us little guys broke the bank for a system that was tossed out in a couple years!
2017/05/21 22:29:26
KungFuJosh
gergstudio
Can we just get some win 10 drivers and reopen support for the vs700? c'mon... Some of us little guys broke the bank for a system that was tossed out in a couple years!

Yes please! This kind of horrible support is offensive. It's not a lot of work to keep the drivers live. Laziness and greed are the only reasons they aren't supporting it anymore. Roland sucks, and that makes cakewalk suck by association.

2017/06/04 07:10:47
ceez
So, I stupidly applied the Windows 10 Creator Update, and now my VS100 no longer works.

Wondering whether I should try the procedure in the first thread, or just rollback to the previous version of Windows 10?   I guess there's no chance for a driver update from Roland?

Thoughts?
2017/06/04 11:23:37
KungFuJosh
ceez
So, I stupidly applied the Windows 10 Creator Update, and now my VS100 no longer works.

Wondering whether I should try the procedure in the first thread, or just rollback to the previous version of Windows 10?   I guess there's no chance for a driver update from Roland?

Thoughts?

Try the the procedure in the first post. As long as the Windows version is entered correctly, it should work. I'm still using my VS-700C in standalone mode, but I have to update the drive with each major Windows update.

Worst case, if it doesn't work, you can roll back later.
2017/06/04 11:24:33
KungFuJosh
...and Roland being as lame as they are with support, I wouldn't expect a new official driver for your perfectly good hardware.

2017/06/04 21:25:22
ceez
I said "F-it" and went over to Guitar Center and bought a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.  I don't want to waste my time resuscitating the box every time there's a Windows update.   Just glad I bought the 100 and not the 700.

I have a Mac with Logic, so I can still use there.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account