• Cakewalk Hardware
  • How to use V700 win 8 driver in win 10 (also applies to some other Roland drivers) (p.29)
2018/05/14 05:31:14
HeatherHaze
poetnprophet
Well here we are, May 2018, and this trick still works.  Fresh build, fresh Win 10 Pro, VS700 console and rack.  Worked on the first try.

Thanks, and thanks again for keeping this alive.

cheers,
Dave

I agree, Dave.  I eventually set aside my misgivings and went through the process of installing the drivers in Windows 10.  It was easier than I expected and everything works fine.  I still wound up retiring the VS-700R due to the fan noise.  But the console is back on my desk and working fine with CbB.  I miss that Fantom, though.  The benefit of having a great hardware synth fully integrated into the DAW cannot be overstated.  Still an excellent system.
2018/05/14 11:25:22
bernthchr
What have I missed? Are we up going with the vs-700?

2018/05/15 17:13:56
poetnprophet
You know, I never even noticed the fan noise until you mentioned it!  Ha...it doesn't bother me really, but now that I have a new comp I definitely want to invest in a new audio interface sometime soon(ish)
2018/12/31 11:12:40
Manolo
Hello,

it seems to me that I read somewhere at the time Bandlab launched Cakewalk by Bandlab that something would eventually be done to make Windows 10 drivers official for VS hardware. Is this something believable or not ?
It works nice with the trick explained in this thread but at each major update of Windows, we have to reinstall drivers. Not a big deal but if we can't avoid it as I guess that make it happen seems not a very difficult task.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account