• The Archives
  • Project5 Lives On ... Maybe In BandLab? (p.3)
2017/03/01 19:59:58
abacab
After playing around with the Mixcraft 8 demo, I found that it seems to work well, but it has too much duplication with Sonar features for me to use it as a secondary tool.

The Performance Panel grid is similar to the Matrix View in Sonar, with the addition of live recording into the grid clips (something that I haven't tried yet, but some might find this useful).  I like the position they have placed the grid into, next to the track view, so that the grid rows are horizontally aligned with the track view.  This does remind me of Project5, and I wish Sonar would do this with the Matrix (or else release P5 v3).

In addition, Mixcraft can follow project pitch with markers that can set the tempo, key, and time signature at any point.  So as with Sonar's Matrix cells, when you import loops or groove clips they can follow the project pitch and follow changes based on markers.

I was also playing around with a demo of Ableton Live 9 (I have an older version), and as far as I can tell, Ableton does not seem to be aware of project pitch or key.  A search through the manual turned up nothing. It seems that you can transpose a sample, but that is a manual process.  The emphasis here seems to be with tempo and pitch stretching to match the tempo.
2017/03/01 20:16:34
BobF
MC8 didn't do much for me either.
2017/03/02 15:55:19
AT
I've asked for following the time line - great help. 
2017/03/02 16:02:46
abacab
AT

For what to follow?
2017/03/02 16:28:18
BobF
abacab
AT

For what to follow?

Yes, exactly
2017/03/03 04:53:15
mumpcake
Bitwig is working out ok so far, but I have to gripe about the way they implemented tap tempo.  It is so insanely non-intuitive that you would never guess what you have to do to use it.
2017/03/03 05:34:39
AT
The matrix to follow and match the timeline, like in Bitwig. 

Unfortunately, I can't seem to copy anything from within the post today.
2017/03/03 12:12:43
pwalpwal
cake should bake a "project 5" lens for sonar
2017/03/04 19:18:02
abacab
AT
The matrix to follow and match the timeline, like in Bitwig. 

Unfortunately, I can't seem to copy anything from within the post today.

Yup, the Matrix GUI needs better integration (grid rows layed out horizontally beside the tracks view), but functionally it seems to follow ok.
2017/03/04 19:18:19
abacab
pwalpwal
cake should bake a "project 5" lens for sonar

That would be cool!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account