• The Archives
  • Project5 Lives On ... Maybe In BandLab? (p.4)
2017/03/16 12:48:15
kennywtelejazz
I'm wondering aloud over here ...What brick walls are folks here hitting while using P 5 ?

Kenny
2017/03/16 20:58:58
abacab
Another brick in the wall?
2017/03/17 13:44:43
BobF
kennywtelejazz
I'm wondering aloud over here ...What brick walls are folks here hitting while using P 5 ?

Kenny

I had problems with ASIO and synths.  Being 32 bit, P5 didn't want to use anything on my system that didn't get installed as part of its own package.  I could've still used it with its own bundled synths, but the ASIO problems on top of that sealed its fate.

When I transitioned to my newest machine, I didn't even bother installing it.
2017/03/17 18:33:54
abacab
I have not installed P5 since upgrading from 32-bit Windows 7 to 64-bit Windows 10 last year.  I was concerned about all that 32 bit stuff. But it may not really be an issue.  If I do try it again, I will look out for the ASIO problems.

I am now running Platinum 64-bit, and I did re-install Sonar X3 32-bit, for testing and using with old projects and 32 bit plugins. That seems to live happily beside Platinum, and I try to keep most of my 32-bit plugins over in X3. I realize that I could install 32-bit Platinum, but I don't see the need.  I also have 8.5 somewhere on an old XP laptop that I never use anymore, along with P5, Ableton, and Acid.

So I suppose if I dropped P5 back in here, it could share some 32-bit plugins with X3.  I keep Platinum mostly 64 bit, with one or two exceptions.
2017/03/17 19:44:59
BobF
I had X3 x32 installed for awhile too, and P5 was able to use those x32 synths.  ASIO was still a problem.

For reference, it was 8.1x64 with Platx64, X3(e)x32 and P5 ... along with other stuff.  Everything worked OK except for my interface (16x08).  IIRC, P5 only saw the first 2 of 16 inputs.

With the new box I'm being more selective.  I didn't even load up Dim Pro or Rapture Classic/Session.  The Rap Pro install covers all of that.  No P5 or x32 versions of SONAR either.  So once my 8.1 machine is decommissioned, so will be P5.

I do have to figure out if I can copy over the sound libs from x32 IKM products for import to ST3 without installing the apps.  I'm hoping so.

My thinking is that if I have zero x32 stuff, I'll never have to worry if a problem is related to x32/x64 bridging
2017/03/17 20:03:08
kennywtelejazz
abacab
Another brick in the wall?

Not at all  just an honest question ...

BobF
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

I had problems with ASIO and synths.  Being 32 bit, P5 didn't want to use anything on my system that didn't get installed as part of its own package.  I could've still used it with its own bundled synths, but the ASIO problems on top of that sealed its fate.

When I transitioned to my newest machine, I didn't even bother installing it.

I do understand Bob , the P5 VST scan tool can be very finicky at times ....

I have my reasons for asking folks about the brick walls  ..
Here's where I'm at now ....listen up abacab

I have been using P 5 rewired into SONAR SPlat 64 bit in Win 10 64 bit now for the past week ...
it works effing great ..not even a crash yet ....
I found out how to do this because I was searching for a way to do one thing online and by total accident I found a tutorial video on how to use both 64 bit and 32 bit programs rewired ...regardless of brand or Vintage

That's why I'm putting out a feeler

are you guys interested ?

Kenny

2017/03/17 21:12:11
abacab
kennywtelejazz

I have been using P 5 rewired into SONAR SPlat 64 bit in Win 10 64 bit now for the past week ...
I found out how to do this because I was searching for a way to do one thing online and by total accident I found a tutorial video on how to use both 64 bit and 32 bit programs rewired ...regardless of brand or Vintage

Kenny

You got a link to that tutorial? 
2017/03/17 21:17:56
abacab
BobF

I had X3 x32 installed for awhile too, and P5 was able to use those x32 synths.  ASIO was still a problem.

For reference, it was 8.1x64 with Platx64, X3(e)x32 and P5 ... along with other stuff.  Everything worked OK except for my interface (16x08).  IIRC, P5 only saw the first 2 of 16 inputs.

Ah, well my M-Audio Firewire 410 is actually only 2 in, 8 out as far as the 1/4" TS plugs go.  So unless I use S/PDIF, which I don't, no problemo -- maybe? 

Two ins works OK for me, because I mostly always use soft synths now anyway.

My thinking is that if I have zero x32 stuff, I'll never have to worry if a problem is related to x32/x64 bridging

I get that!
2017/03/17 21:42:55
kennywtelejazz
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

You got a link to that tutorial? 

I thought you would never ask 

The person making the video is a SONAR X3 user and he is Rewiring Reason 5 32bit ....
As I mentioned P5 works great w SPlat using this approach the link for the app is in the videos description ...

all the best,

Kenny
2017/03/17 22:21:31
abacab
kennywtelejazz

I thought you would never ask 

The person making the video is a SONAR X3 user and he is Rewiring Reason 5 32bit ....
As I mentioned P5 works great w SPlat using this approach the link for the app is in the videos description ...

all the best,

Kenny

Hey thanks for that Kenny!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account