2016/11/20 21:15:54
VanessaJ
azslow3

I have offered you my help, you can get any or all 3 keyboards nice working with Sonar in time comparable with reading/writing into this thread. For free. And at you wish, even with non standard features/operations you prefer. I can not make better offer, sorry

You can also try to ask CW support to do this. I know, not so easy these days. And you need some luck to get someone who can (and will) do this on the other end of the wire.

I do appreciate the offer for help. But unless you're right there next to me saying "select that option/deselect this option" I'm not sure how you would be able to help me. I know how the ACT controller works - I've spent exhaustive hours working with my different controllers. It's wonderful when it does work. But inevitably, what does work with SOME of the controls, will NOT work with some of the other controls on the same controller. Well, except for my CME and iCon keyboards in which NONE of the knobs, sliders or buttons will work. VERY maddening.

What's also maddening is when you click the F1 "Help" option, what pops up is a several pages-long set of instructions, in tiny writing (I have to magnify the page to see the words better), and one of the first things you see is: "In Sonar 6.2, what you do is ... "

Sonar 6.2?? REALLY?
2016/11/21 05:14:13
azslow3
VanessaJ
azslow3
I have offered you my help, you can get any or all 3 keyboards nice working with Sonar in time comparable with reading/writing into this thread. For free. And at you wish, even with non standard features/operations you prefer. I can not make better offer, sorry

You can also try to ask CW support to do this. I know, not so easy these days. And you need some luck to get someone who can (and will) do this on the other end of the wire.

I do appreciate the offer for help. But unless you're right there next to me saying "select that option/deselect this option" I'm not sure how you would be able to help me.

Exactly that way! I am probably x000 km away from you, but the Internet make it possible.
You will need Skype so we can speak.
And you will need TeamViewer so I can control your computer (you will see what I am doing and I will explain each step). In case you do not want that, you can just share your screen over Skype so I can see what you are doing and "stear" your operations, but that is going to be way slower...

I know how the ACT controller works - I've spent exhaustive hours working with my different controllers. It's wonderful when it does work. But inevitably, what does work with SOME of the controls, will NOT work with some of the other controls on the same controller. Well, except for my CME and iCon keyboards in which NONE of the knobs, sliders or buttons will work. VERY maddening.

I can explain you how to "find" controls and how to understand why you could not assign them. For "Generic Surface", for "ACT MIDI", for "AZ Controller". Then you can choose which one you want to use and we make it working. After that you should be able to modify the result / "integrate" other controller(s) in close  to no time (or at least understand when and why that is not possible).

I theoretically can try to do this in threads/mails. But that will take ages for both of us.

What's also maddening is when you click the F1 "Help" option, what pops up is a several pages-long set of instructions, in tiny writing (I have to magnify the page to see the words better), and one of the first things you see is: "In Sonar 6.2, what you do is ... "

Sonar 6.2?? REALLY?

Control surface integration in Sonar was not changed much since early Sonar versions (Sonar internal logic also... there are much more changes visually then internally... in any program... Linux/BSD(Mac OSX) had almost no internal logic changes during the last 20+ years, most "basics" are like 50 years old... users want to see something "new" all the time and programmers make them feel "it is new". Not only programs, most MIDI controllers are physically the same as they was 20 years ago, just with "face lifting" in terms of $1 USB controller chip, $0.01 LEDs near keys, top models with $20 controller and $10 display. An "encoder" is no more then a mouse wheel, 'normal' knob/fader is a potentiometer not far away from the device presented 170 (!) years ago, "touch sense" is a simple technology as well).
But what any user should start reading first is the chapter 40 of Sonar Reference Guide (2000+ pages PDF file...), may be also chapter 20. As with any "Help", it is good for "quick reference" only, once general picture is clear.
2016/11/21 12:48:15
VanessaJ
azslow3

Exactly that way! I am probably x000 km away from you, but the Internet make it possible.
You will need Skype so we can speak.
And you will need TeamViewer so I can control your computer (you will see what I am doing and I will explain each step). In case you do not want that, you can just share your screen over Skype so I can see what you are doing and "stear" your operations, but that is going to be way slower...

That sounds doable ... except I'm out on the road far from home right now and half of my equipment is in a storage unit (including that stubborn CME keyboard). I'll keep this thread referenced for when I get back home after Christmas.

Thanks! :)

2016/11/21 12:55:10
azslow3
Just PM me when you have time. I am also not at home at the moment, but I always have my computer, at least one keyboard and the Internet connection
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account