• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.13)
2018/03/30 14:43:09
bodhi65
Long time user myself, appreciate the question.
For me, better staff view and notation, improve matrix, and fix compatibility with ACT, Apro, and Vs100.
2018/03/30 15:45:26
Jtprod
Hello!
For me:

1. Choose effects or effects chain by default when creating a new track or bus (For example Console 1 users it's awesome, on Reaper DAW it's perfect ...)
2. Monitoring section for monitoring effects, independent bus master, automatically deactivated during exports
3. Batch export. Select multiple projects, choose format or  several formats, and launch the export
4. Region markers
5. Apply a track model to an already existing track

Thanks
2018/03/30 15:54:13
razor
This is more like adding an old feature back in. There used to be a feature where you could select an audio clip in Sonar for editing in an external wav editor, like Sound Forge, Wavelab, etc. And that external app would open, you do your edits, and then when you save, the editor closed and Sonar would notify you the file had changed and ask if you wanted to save it-all edits now on the original audio clip in Sonar.

For some reason the feature was removed and it took a registry hack to use it.

I would also like to be able to add the ripple edit feature that came out as a patch after my subscription ended.

Thanks!
2018/03/30 16:03:59
bz2838
Cubase type chord track would be helpful, especially for guitar players who are not proficient on piano keyboard, any note you play on your midi keyboard will be in the chord you have chosen.  This works in both midi and audio, this is also a helpful feature for songwriters.
2018/03/30 16:40:51
Paul P
Skyline_UK
Can I just add a note of caution. I've just read through all the posts so far and whilst there are some good suggestions there are also some requested 'improvements' I don't agree with and don't want. So please don't assume everything listed here is unanimously wanted by ALL users.  Can I suggest you will need a process to sift out the improvements that will meet with wide, if not universal, approval.

I don't see the point of this thread.

There are 1350 threads in the Problem Reports forum
and 1750 threads in the Feature Requests forum.

2018/03/30 16:53:56
James Argo
Paul PI don't see the point of this thread.

There are 1350 threads in the Problem Reports forum
and 1750 threads in the Feature Requests forum.

Those forums were moved into "bakery" and the "bakery" is closed for long. Even if it's still there, it would be handy to ask for relevant opinion in summarize rather than digging 3100 threads you pointed.
2018/03/30 16:56:30
WallyG
I really mean this as a positive comment as I've used (and loved!) Sonar on a daily basis before it went Tango Uniform.

Check out Studio One 3 Pro and add all the features it has to Sonar (i.e. Project page, ability to put console channels in folders, etc.) You would have a clear winner.

Walt
2018/03/30 17:32:30
Larry Jones
These have been mentioned, but I'll put in my votes, in case it matters:
  • I'd like a simple way to change the tempo on a multitrack project, including both MIDI and audio tracks, instead of the laborious process we currently have. Craig Anderton has assured us that the reward for jumping through all those hoops is a higher quality rendered project (at the new tempo) and fewer artifacts. I don't know if that was ever true, but I know that other professional-level DAWS seem to be able to do this.
  • Chord tracks. Just guessing, but I think most of us are creating projects start to finish: writing, arranging, playing, singing, mixing, mastering and marketing. In other words, for most of us, the DAW is not just a recording device, like a tape machine, but a total production tool. So, chord tracks.
  • MIDI routing. I don't know exactly how to say this, but I'd like an intuitive way to change which VSTi connects to a specific MIDI track, and also a simple way to have one MIDI track drive more than one VSTi. Being able to do this in SONAR is not the same as being able to do it quickly and easily.
That's all, and thanks for asking!
2018/03/30 17:36:28
chilldanny
Kamikaze
chilldanny
2.  Simplify the Console View.
     Narrow/scalable channels/buses etc.

Do you know there's narrow strip option already? (right click, at the bottom)

Yes I'm aware of this.  Unfortunately even when narrowed, the strips still waste a ton of screen space (as does the Skylight interface in general).  I'd like to see a return to the Sonar 8 Producer style console, but updated for 2018. Much more usable than the current iteration.  YMMV of course.

2018/03/30 18:41:27
dappa1
When people say I am a long time user. what is that supposed to do? 
So what if you are a long time user. Does that mean your ideas are a bit long in the tooth? 
Being a long time user doesn't give you any clout. Just give them your best five and keep it moving.
As someone who has been using Sonar for over ten years. (you better listen to me Bandlab)
1. fix the Audio (no dropouts) I demand this cos I am a long time user
2. Automation to be like the present DAW I am using. (Longtime User request)
3. If I change a parameter it should stay changed (Do you know who I am)
4. Metronome (out of sync) This could be an audio issue. (I remember twelve tones)
5. Not so blocky GUI (I was here before the X Series, Lifetime member and last iteration was SPLAT) 

I am qualified to speak!!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account