• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.14)
2018/03/30 18:55:38
streckfus
Automation lanes for CC controllers on instrument tracks. (Instead of audio-only available options).
2018/03/30 19:13:16
ptheisen
Here's my top five list:
1) Bug fixes and enhancements for staff view/notation
2) More high quality pro-channel modules
3) More comprehensive and easier to control midi routing capabilities
4) Multiple multi-dock windows
5) Scalable channels in console view
2018/03/30 19:38:16
Leadfoot
Nobody's requested the hover car yet....
2018/03/30 19:42:58
SandlinJohn
dappa1
When people say I am a long time user. what is that supposed to do? 
So what if you are a long time user. Does that mean your ideas are a bit long in the tooth? 
Being a long time user doesn't give you any clout. Just give them your best five and keep it moving.
As someone who has been using Sonar for over ten years. (you better listen to me Bandlab)
1. fix the Audio (no dropouts) I demand this cos I am a long time user
2. Automation to be like the present DAW I am using. (Longtime User request)
3. If I change a parameter it should stay changed (Do you know who I am)
4. Metronome (out of sync) This could be an audio issue. (I remember twelve tones)
5. Not so blocky GUI (I was here before the X Series, Lifetime member and last iteration was SPLAT) 

I am qualified to speak!!!!

You're right. I quit - I'm switching to CuBase. Being a long time user of anything is worthless and means nothing.

Good-bye, Cakewalk.
2018/03/30 21:09:15
jayson
Hi Meng,

Thanks for asking. Here's my list:

1. MPE integration as it's part of the MIDI standard now.
2. A Project page similar to Studio One 3 including full CD mastering capabilities.
3. Allow color preferences for tracks and consoles to be used across all themes not just Mercury.
4. Driver Presets - see this link 
5. Better third party controller integration (Roli and Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboards).

Cheers,

jayson

2018/03/30 21:50:24
Phoen1xPJ
jayson
Hi Meng,
3. Allow color preferences for tracks and consoles to be used across all themes not just Mercury.

Cheers,

jayson

+1... yes, like I wrote!
2018/03/30 22:13:24
mritenburg
I'd just like improved stability.   Once I start applying plugins (eq, compression, sidechaining, etc.) to my projects, I start saving every 5 minutes or so to compensate for the crashing that increases as the project complexity increases.  I'd love to rely on Sonar as a professional, stable tool. 
2018/03/30 22:21:13
Musicman762
I might have worded my request better.  I will try to clarify my request...

I am not intending to specifically recommend .cal files or anything else be removed...  What I am trying to say is, there should not be features integrated into the DAW, which are not supported and go neglected for years... and are no longer relevant.  They do sometimes cause problems, which can cause issues with other features of the program, or how the application interacts with other software... If a feature is worth having, it should be kept current with today's equipment and production techniques...

I'm just saying...Nothing personal.  Most of the .cal files and many of the instrument definitions were created by other Users.  They didn't always work correctly...even when they were relevant.  

If you like using .cal, you will probably like this:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoVXrS3ljopsgpVstElnBOzFloz7dw

2018/03/30 23:14:13
mettelus
Paul P

I don't see the point of this thread.

There are 1350 threads in the Problem Reports forum
and 1750 threads in the Feature Requests forum.

Hmmm, is it just me or have those two forums just been vaporized? [Edit: These forums open up in a computer browser, but do not open up in the mobile app.]

I do agree with the sentiment of this post since many of the posts in those forums had a lot of thought put into them, were reviewed and voted on, and are still applicable. Burying those forums degrades this thread into ”lip service” for me. Typing the same things over and over just wastes time; either they will happen or they won't... And some of those requests have years under their belts now.
2018/03/31 00:07:10
mettelus

Hmmm, is it just me or have those two forums just been vaporized?

Unless I am not understanding something those 2 forums still appear to be there, you might have to adjust the time period down the bottom of the page, once set to 'from the beginning' they show 27 and 35 pages respectively.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account