• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.16)
2018/03/31 09:46:02
pwalpwal
mettelus
Matron Landslide
mettelus

Hmmm, is it just me or have those two forums just been vaporized?

Unless I am not understanding something those 2 forums still appear to be there, you might have to adjust the time period down the bottom of the page, once set to 'from the beginning' they show 27 and 35 pages respectively.

This is only applicable in the mobile version of those forums (they only load an error page). The full version of the web pages load fine.

i notice that "the bakery" place really has been vaporised
2018/03/31 10:24:27
metalfactorystudios
Hi Meng, hope your bakers can take a look over this requests!

I´d like to suggest some features that will improve my workflow and hopefully some other people would benefit from it too.

- Tab to transient: Works wonders with individual tracks but starts to fail when tabbing with grouped clips, that´s really annoying
- Group clips: I wonder why when tracks are grouped if you select one track and make a split it doesn´t make a cut in all tracks, that slows a ton the workflow when cutting tracks to edit them to the grid.
- AudioSnap: Those who work professionaly need to speed up our editing time. Now audiosnap is the only way to edit multitrack drums ala BeatDetective way. Your select your markers, merge them and cut. So far so good. Now it comes the bad part, the session begins to slow down, if you ever dare to save the session it will take maybe 3 minutes and 300mb size. That´s really bad and why I mainly switch to PT for that. Also audiosnap markers cut the transient in the middle not in zero crossing.
- Strech clips only works with one track at a time. So if you´re trying to strech your 20 drums tracks for some cymbal bleed you have to do it one by one = phase problems/artifacts
- Enable a quick quantize button that will move to the selected grid without having to set the parameters in the quantize menu, like you do on PT, just press a key and move. Bang!!
- To be able to change the keycommans, for example slip edit tool is alt+shift for lefthanded is a pain, it would be great to be able to remap it.
- Track templates dont keep phase invert button, sidechain sends to plugins and pre-post button on the prochannel.
- Create a import session data like protools where you can actualy select which tracks/buses you want to import.
- Color markers, so you can difference better the song parts (like PT)
- Auto fade in/fade out option, so when you cut a clip it automaticly makes a 1ms fade in/out preventing clicks (cubase does it)
2018/03/31 11:07:14
astaub
Not first priority but....
Hooray, now I have a wish, because I have just seen the ELK! Please support for the new (low latency) audio operating system, maybe even as hardware. https://www.mindmusiclabs.com/

2018/03/31 11:16:20
mcmd
Not a bug but to include more demo songs with raw stems is always great. 
2018/03/31 11:56:25
FM
I would like Bandlab to see what FLstudio and Reason are doing. FLstudio is the most popular DAW in the world because of its easy EDM workflow and great step sequencer. Reason is not just a daw, its a full music making environment. If we can take the best features of what makes FLstudio and Reason great and implement this into Sonar's successor it would penetrate big niche markets. I would also like to see the social music making features of OhmStudio implemented. 

2018/03/31 13:48:37
MorganT
Thanks for the interest and transparency.  I always felt Cakewalk and Sonar development was very user-oriented, and now it appears will be even more so!

1.  Easier compatibility with the standard MIDI keyboards / controllers.  I understand from friends that other DAW's work fairly seamlessly, using ACT is a bit of a pain, and frankly I've ignored most of my keyboard controllers due to the hassle.
2.  Fix Melodyne issues.  Integrated Melodyne has been a huge asset for my work flow, but does have some bugs as noted.
3.  Not directly DAW related, but improve search capability in the User Forum.  For me, this user forum has been THE single biggest asset of Sonar - it's a great DAW, but using the knowledge base from other users has exploded my understanding and use of the DAW.  But I am forever running into an issue (that's usually user-induced), can't find a thread when searching for quite some time, so I post a question and within minutes some astute user has not only the answer, but links to other threads with the same issues.  That being said, this is the BEST user forum of any product of any sort that I have ever seen, hands down.
4.  Long shot - but as one previous post - make a Mac OS version.  My ONLY Windows based computer is for Sonar.  I was partly excited when I learned Sonar was disappearing - if I was going to have to give up Sonar, at least I could finally get on a Mac based DAW and be done with Windows.  (And running Windows on a Mac isn't the same - you still have to deal with the Windows issues.)  I love Sonar enough I'll stick with my PC for TDFKAS, but the thought of a Mac based TDFKAS gives me chills of excitement...

2018/03/31 14:25:16
Jimbo 88
STAFF VIEW Updated....

BE able to work in transposing clefs (like a Bb Trumpet),  Cubase has some nice features in their staff view, but getting different views is clunky and not easy to get around like SONAR is.

A Piano Roll like grid view that uses staves instead of Piano notes would be the greatest thing ever and i can't imagine it being hard to do.   
2018/03/31 14:58:18
Lynn
Thanks for putting this sticky up.

I would like to see a visible button that tells us when ripple editing is on or off.
I would also like to see a pre-roll feature that's been suggested elsewhere in these forums.
An arranger track would be nice, also.

2018/03/31 16:32:17
thornton
1. Mastering inside sonar would be great.
2. Update Analyst AN-879 great plugin
3. Update act to map plugin controls better
That's it for now
2018/03/31 18:57:12
trevia
Years ago I had a Cube product that had a drum programmer that worked better than anything I have used since. It was MIDI only.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account