• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.17)
2018/04/01 00:23:18
raweber
Bristol_Jonesey
stonehedge
that way you can split, copy, cut, and paste entire sections of a song and rearrange in any order.

You can already do this with Ripple Editing

Does this take the tempo changes too?
2018/04/01 00:53:35
AlanPerkins
I'd like to see direct editing in the events view, or export/import events from spreadsheet.
2018/04/01 02:14:37
Fabio Rubato
Hi, I would really like this bug fixed, where placing Vst's on buses can cause some kind of audio overload/distortion. my RME UFX software redlines with a horrible distorted - and loud - garbled noise through my poor monitors. Now is doesn't happen every time but I can guarantee that at stage in a project's development, that I will experience this as I add various Vst's to one or a number of different buses. 

I can usually save the project when this occurs - and I ensure I do this every time before placing such, and when I shut down Sonar and restart it, it's all good for the life of that particular bus and vst. However, adding another can cause it to occur again. 

I have reported this issue ages ago and Noel suggested turning of the audio engine and deselecting the 64bit engine but this has mixed results and is at best a potential workaround which does not fix this issue from occurring again.

I would really like to have the confidence to add vst's to buses without this dreaded issue happening every project build. 

Also, setting up a side-chain for a track with a vst on a bus often will crash Sonar. 

Thanks and I hope you can address and fix this issue in future builds. 
2018/04/01 03:13:05
swwatts
1.  Prochannel plugin Tube is awesome
2.  Stability needs some work
3.  Better multi-instrument/VST capabilities
4.  Track grouping in console view

2018/04/01 04:03:06
Kamikaze
An Arrangement Track - Containing
  • Part name –Intro, Verse, Chorus, etc
  • Key Signature
  • Tempo and Tempo Map
  • Key Signature
  • Chord of the Bar/Measure (Chord Track to be within the Arrangement track)
  • Mode/Scale of the Bar/Measure (Typically the Key Signature, but free to step outside it).
  • Notepad

PRV, Staff View or TAB view, have shortcut keys that do the following when moving notes, in respect to the chord track
a)      Press nothing = Move chromatically (Or Snap to Scale – being the scale se in the Inspector, when this is switched on. (This is the key of the song the master key, not the mode of the bar, although often these are the same)
b)      1st Short Cut = move diatonically to the mode from the chord track.
c)       2nd Short Cut = Move to the chord tones of the chord track
d)      3rd Short Cut = Move one octave.

http://forum.cakewalk.com...nt-Track-m3742510.aspx

2018/04/01 04:35:08
danardf
A real score edit.
2018/04/01 04:48:51
Eugene_Tsepenuk
Tempo track in Sonar looks ancient, compated to for example, Reaper's tempo track. Can't insert smooth tempo ramp with just 2 points - must insert myriad of tempo events. Can't move or modify two or more tempo events simutaneously. Can't copy-paste pattern of tempo events. Can't speed up whole song with one command if there is some tempo events - have to modify tempo events one by one... Etc, etc.
2018/04/01 06:08:35
Anderton
thornton
2. Update Analyst AN-879 great plugin

It's the only plug-in I know of that does multiband envelope following. This is incredible for EDM and would be a very cool thing if there was a good tutorial on how to use it. 

Another request: I don't know why sometimes FX Chain controls lose their links to effects within the chain, and have to be reassigned. It's a drag to load an FX Chain and find that some controls don't work, then have to take it apart and reassign everything.
2018/04/01 08:21:09
sonarman1
I moved to S1 after what happened with sonar. Yet I keep getting back to sonar mostly coz I feel more creative with Sonar  (and it mostly has to do with the GUI). However I noticed some cool features with S1 and one of them is a deal breaker for me.

1. Ability to navigate through plugins in a single window(Like tabs)
2. Search function while inserting plugins in fx bin.

And the deal breaker for me is:
3. How S1 handles multiple outputs of multi timbral instruments. 

The whole process is extremely easy and customizable at any stage of the project with ease. Please implement a similar feature.

4. Also, I like the midi editing in S1 using mouse wheel for almost everything, move, length, pitch, velocity..
2018/04/01 09:53:58
burkek
1. Mac version

;)

KEv
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account