• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.19)
2018/04/01 19:11:33
sonarman1
biozel

1. Implement common industry standard regarding controlling daw from midi controllers or other surfaces. Right now it is very poor, so to speak.

4. Step sequencer must become a complete tool that arpeggiator, automation (!) and pattern creation capabilities (suggestions mentions above in this thread are appreciated). Together with item 2 this would make the daw fantastic for electronic music production.

+1 I feel the same about these 2 points.
2018/04/01 21:16:25
iRelevant
A revival of Project5 sounds interesting. At the right price, I would be interested in it AS IS. 
2018/04/01 21:44:37
Magic Russ
iRelevant
A revival of Project5 sounds interesting. At the right price, I would be interested in it AS IS. 

Not until they update it to 64 bit and multi-core support.
2018/04/01 21:52:18
abacab
Magic Russ
iRelevant

Not until they update it to 64 bit and multi-core support.

This ^^^^^
2018/04/01 22:49:36
Toddskins
sonarman1
biozel

1. Implement common industry standard regarding controlling daw from midi controllers or other surfaces. Right now it is very poor, so to speak.

4. Step sequencer must become a complete tool that arpeggiator, automation (!) and pattern creation capabilities (suggestions mentions above in this thread are appreciated). Together with item 2 this would make the daw fantastic for electronic music production.

+1 I feel the same about these 2 points.

Y'know, honestly, an arpeggiator is a skimpy sequencer, which a DAW already is.  Arpeggiators are used, I hate to say it, but by people who do not know how to compose.  It's a neat, quick, automation thing.

So if your arpeggiator is not up to snuff to your tastes, then you simply score out all the notes in the sequencer and you are doing what your arpeggiator was incapable of doing.

I have a Novation Supernova II with an arpeggiator capable of 64-steps in length.  But it turned out for logistics reason, that I preferred to play the arp part of Joe Jackson's "Steppin' Out" song with my Kurzweil's sequencer, which was programmed to play the drums and percussion, too.  I was then able to play the piano parts LIVE while all the background stuff was going on.

What I'm saying is that a Sequencer has no limits, which is what a DAW is.  The Arp stuff is a kid's fun tool, who wishes to generate neat ideas because he/she does not know how to compose them on his own.

Just take this as a challenge (not an insult) to think beyond the Arp toy.
2018/04/01 23:59:12
keimurr11
I would love to have clip gain to be able to insert a fader or a knob on clips we decide to turn up or down..this would help in automation greatly..Thanks for letting me voice my concerns.
2018/04/02 00:02:17
soens
Is there finally hope???

Long awaited FR:

2018/04/02 00:14:16
pmj_rit
Hello and thank you.

Thank you for rescuing Sonar (or whatever it will come to be called) and thank you for providing this opportunity to report bugs and ask for features.

I don't have a lot to add to the feature list - except to say my priority would be improvement to the score editor - if possible including something which allows use the computer keyboard to enter notes - nobody's heard of XGWorks but it allowed users to type notes etc with the keyboard.  Very fast once you get use to it.  I know this won't be important to most users but I hope you will consider it.

The main reason I'm commenting is that I have found a bug today. 

I had a couple of projects I was working on the and the same error occurred in both. 

I had a few tracks and instruments set up and everything was OK.  I added an output to external midi.  Then the assignments to synths from all the other midi tracks (going to vsts) were wrong.  The first midi track was 'pointing to' the external midi even though I had not asked for this.  The next midi track was pointing to the first VST (not the second), etc.

The first time this happened I didn't realise Sonar had made the error.  And the next thing I did was delete a synth without deleting the associated tracks.  I do this to avoid losing the midi by mistake.  Then I tried to delete the audio track associated with the synth and Sonar crashed. 

This should be easy enough to fix I think. 

Anyway, I am very relieved and very grateful to you, Meng, and to Bandlab for all that you are doing.  I wish you all the best.

2018/04/02 04:53:32
rvijan
1) Need a much better midi editor and tools to make bulk operations much easier..   Reason, Cubase, and even the new Superior Drummer 3 do amazing things with midi editing.

2) Make navigation simpler.  I want audio selection and movement in the timeline to be as simple as using MS Word.  Right now, it's still a little clunky.

3) Edit VST audio outputs after you've already created the instrument.  

4) Audio editing within clips still needs to be simpler.  Splitting at transients, cutting of extraneous info before the clip, moving multiple clips, etc all need to be simpler.

2018/04/02 05:32:03
dahjah
Better stability and you already mentioned about VS700 I'd very much like to see greater functionality between the software and the 700C for sure.

And keep the dark theme available, the light bright ones are harder on the eyes in the dark.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account