• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.21)
2018/04/02 13:24:14
jjj.fcc
I'm so used to Sonar and like it so much that the best that could have happened, already happened: it is not dead! :)

Anyway...

1) Go back to Steam Platform would be very nice.
2) Bug: I don't know if the problem is just with my setup, but when I'm recording and have some clipped samples, instead of having a "flat top" or "flat bottom" at the peaks, the wave changes side, going from top to bottom in 1 sample, making a MONSTER glitch... It would be much better to have just a "normal" clipping...

Thanks
2018/04/02 13:29:17
midist
Sonar is the best DAW. I want just some issues as following.

2018/04/02 14:33:27
LLyons
I use platinum..

1 - A 'Before EQ' and 'After EQ' button on the quad EQ.  Simply show the waveform before EQ or after EQ edits.

2 - Take time to analyze the best possible way to output a project (tracks, ARA edits, VST setting, automation) so that it can be imported into the top say, 3 DAWS in use by studios today.  Then, create a best practices output button for each. I work in a world of collaboration. Feasible, I have heard many reasons why one cannot, however - taking the lead on this seems intuitive to your collaboration mission.  

3 - Kind of the same thing as 2, but create a tool I can point friends to, that they can run and have it build a simple project file from their DAW PC to send to me.   My friends work in a world of collaboration.

Take care      
2018/04/02 14:36:17
pwalpwal
  1. fix the current bugs
  2. finish the current features
2018/04/02 14:53:43
dappa1
Project 5 would be too much work. Stick with the one you have and try and get it out of hot water.
2018/04/02 15:54:10
MagicMike
Just a quick suggestion here but would be hugely helpful.

Within projects with large track counts, lots of AUX tracks and patch points, upon setting up a send you're presented with a huge list to scroll through. This looks like the standard Windows list-box. I'd like an organised list, grouped into types with collapsable sections. In general, I'd like to see the new DAW present information like this in custom controls and not the bog-standard windows controls.

Thanks ;-)

2018/04/02 16:21:45
paulo
Another bug that annoys me on a regular basis....

Unfreeze synth followed by undo unfreeze synth (ctrl-Z) makes the track become hidden. 

Also, not a bug as such as I think by some kind of logic it's intended behaviour, but if I scroll to a track and unfreeze it the display reverts back to whatever track last had the focus unless I shift the focus of that track first. To me it stands to reason that if I'm unfreezing a synth track, that is the one that I am going to be working on so the focus should automatically switch to that track. 
2018/04/02 16:27:03
brconflict
Project Sync Groups (PSG's)

This is not a new idea. I've suggested it a couple of years ago.

Scenario
(Example) I recorded a 15 song (15 projects) of a punk band, where the drums, bass, and rhythm guitars are all recorded the same way. I mix one song, and within seconds, can copy the mix of drums, bass, guitars (maybe even vocals) over to the other 14 songs in a simple dialogue/wizard. If I go back and change a kick drum, for example, I can merely update the other mixes without even having to load them in Sonar by the click of a single button.

What can a PSG help with?
After mixing song #1, I put on a movie and manually copy all settings from the one mixed song to all other projects. It takes hours in some cases, because there is currently no suitable method to automate this. After all mixes are submitted to the artist, if the artist later decides she doesn't like the sound of the bass, for example, I will update one mix, get her approval, then have to open all other projects and update the bass there, as well. 

Notes
  • In the dialogue/wizard, you can choose what elements on which tracks in a list of projects need to be updated/copied. Think of the wizard as being sort of like the Export dialogue. 
  • Only the active project in Sonar is the current master.
  • Only changes are applied. If a project's settings are corrupted, the engineer can opt for a full-sync of all PSG elements.
  • As the mix progresses, you can add/remove elements or tracks and even remove or add projects from the PSG (Project Sync Group).
  • (software) If a new Send is created, ask to create it, or automatically create it and report it.
  • (software) If a failure occurs, report it (may be reported before changes are applied)
  • Templates are 'a' way to accomplish this, but require the arduous, time-consuming process of importing audio, something not practical until all editing is done. Editing requires commitment, and Templates only give you one shot at synchronization.

Low-hanging fruit

While this idea might seem expensive or time-consuming, here's a start: Simply decrypt all element settings (fader, pan, Gain, FX Bin, PC-Channel, Sends, etc.) and outline them in a way so that external code can be used to edit the project files. This could be a read-writable section of the project, where any syntax errors will not affect loading of the file into Sonar, meanwhile can be reported.
2018/04/02 17:22:40
pmj_rit
midist
Sonar is the best DAW. I want just some issues as following.

It is possible (although unusual) to have the same midi track with notes (more likely phrases) in different midi channels.  This would go into a multi channel VST and play different patches.  So please keep the channel numbering. Sometimes it's convenient e.g. string library with no key switches.

Totally agree about the snap on CC - not just useless but annoying too.
2018/04/02 18:20:03
jdale10263
Impliment full midi librarian, easy to use, for all midi devices. Make it auto discover and setup wizard if selected.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account