• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.22)
2018/04/02 21:16:28
muzdol
there is an issue with xln addictive drums.
phase issue when one do the parallel processing with aux track.
2018/04/02 21:19:39
abacab
muzdol
there is an issue with xln addictive drums.
phase issue when one do the parallel processing with aux track.

Documentation?

And the main reason I ask is that bug reports generally require a bit more detail than you have supplied. 

9/10 times there is a problem with the plugin itself.  But sometimes it is just the way a specific host and plugin interact, and it often takes the two to work together to resolve it.  Sometimes the host devs can make an adjustment, other times the plugin devs can do the same.  It's not always as simple as it sounds...
2018/04/02 23:04:09
Leee
I second the request for a Ripple Edit on/off indicator, to let you know without having to use the dropdown menu whether or not Ripple edit is on or off.  I can't tell you how many times this has screwed me up.
I know it's just a matter of clicking on Undo to fix your mistake, but an indicator light would definitely be welcome.
2018/04/03 02:03:11
Horsefight
Howdy,

+1 on all the ACT / midi controller comments, the only thing I'd add would be NKS support. That would make me a happy camper

Plus stability, on larger projects it becomes a bit crashey, possibly just starting with being able to tell which plugin caused a fault?

Cheers
2018/04/03 03:58:18
Yurim
 소나8.5때처럼 스마트툴 말고 드로잉 이런거 쓸수있게 옵션좀 넣어주세요

스마트툴 안슬수있게 8.5때로 돌릴수잇는것만 있으면 좋겟습니다

소나8.5에서 이것때문에 업그레이드를 못하고 X시리즈를 못쓰고있습니다.
2018/04/03 04:03:15
losguy
Yurim
 소나8.5때처럼 스마트툴 말고 드로잉 이런거 쓸수있게 옵션좀 넣어주세요

스마트툴 안슬수있게 8.5때로 돌릴수잇는것만 있으면 좋겟습니다

소나8.5에서 이것때문에 업그레이드를 못하고 X시리즈를 못쓰고있습니다.

Do not use smart tools like Drawing 8.5 in Sonar.
 It would be nice if you can turn it down to 8.5 times to avoid smart tools
 I can not upgrade because of this in Sonata 8.5 and I can not use the X series.

(On edit: Translated via Google, mostly out of curiosity. Views expressed in the original Korean or its translation are not necessarily shared by this poster.)

2018/04/03 04:14:26
losguy
Excellent suggestions so far, especially if you up-vote the most popular ones.

Regarding the requests related to ACT / MIDI Controllers / work by AZslow, I would like to suggest that you consider integrating it with the new MIDI-CI (Capability Inquiry) Spec just adopted by the MMA (see article here). It provides a framework for two-way querying of devices and automatically configuring setups, complete with editable profiles. Where it comes up short (say, with legacy devices), profiles could be added, or capabilities could be backstopped with maps or tools a-la AZslow. It would be a great way to 1) conform to (and build upon) a real industry standard, and 2) not waste resources "reinventing the wheel".
2018/04/03 04:25:38
urock
Hi Meng,

Thank you again for bringing SONAR back and seeking input from your users.  It was hard to limit to 5 things but here goes:

The biggest ask first:

1. Mac version, please.

Asks for current version:

2. Audiosnap update - Make Audiosnap much easier to use - one example would be like Logic’s Flextime - and improve quality/results

3. Add chord tracks - similar to Cubase

4. Add Mackie hui protocol to control surface support

Small ask:

5. Bring back the horizontal view of effects bin in track view - that disappeared at some point (I believe X series).  With the horizontal view you could see everything necessary to mix in the track view in a compact way.  As such I almost never needed the mixer view.

Finally, thank you again for your friendly and respectful entrance into this forum.    Looking forward to the next TDFKAS announcement!

urock
2018/04/03 04:35:47
musicrazy
1. Improve mackie control support with vsti control and vst control customization (Re-arranging controls)
2. Chord track
3. Ara 2 integration
4.Solo bands in quadCurve eq.
2018/04/03 04:49:56
FakeItTillUmakeIt
1. Dump the staff view. Partner with an existing notation developer and either integrate it or have them provide a rewire compatibility so they play well with each other.
2.  Develop only 1 version of the DAW. Then, provide "levels of use", such as level 1 to level 3. Where level 1 would only display rudimentary features and level 3 is the full featured version etc...
3. Allow menu editing so you can omit options rarely used to customize a clean look.
4.  Update the scroll arrows to like what Vegas uses for us mousers - much more powerful and not as clunky.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account