• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.27)
2018/04/06 12:19:38
miracledee
FIX : AudioSnap (Not as accurate as in Reaper,FL)
FEATURE : DUPLICATE command (all other daws have it.. FL, Cubase, Studio1, ..etc)
FANTASY : Accompaniment Tracks (At least modify Midi Track ARPEGGIATOR to load custom midi clips)

....Thanks for bringing my DAW back:)
2018/04/06 12:24:32
miracledee
one more:
Feature : FX Chain with parallel audio streams (for dry/wet mix or multiband operations)

(this can be done with aux tracks but having this feature in FX Chain would make life easier... like Studio1 or FL.
HOFA System vst is a good example)

2018/04/06 13:39:19
Rasure
A search function for plugins, like in Studio One and a general overhaul of the plugin layouts, scrolling through lists of plugins is tiresome.
2018/04/06 14:24:20
michaelhanson
1. Arranger and Scratch Pad are really handy in Studio One, especially for songwriters.  
2. Improve Audio Snap for audio quantinizing.  
3. iPad Controller app, similar to Studio One Remote, is also a very nice feature.  Connects seamlessly and works very well in S1.  

2018/04/06 22:44:32
James Argo
Rasure
A search function for plugins, like in Studio One and a general overhaul of the plugin layouts, scrolling through lists of plugins is tiresome.

Have you tried using the Browser? Views-->Browser, then select Plugins tab. There you go...
2018/04/07 02:17:48
chris.r
Loads of quality suggestions here already!

Another "lifetimer" here... I'm a long time Cakewalk user since early 90's. I'm using Sonar as the main DAW in my home studio for recording/editing audio and producing music, but recently I've done a great job on huge bulk of MIDI files and some advanced editing using CAL, that probably couldn't be done in other DAWs in such quick and powerful way. The only thing I couldn't do was to change a CC series of data to wheel/pitch data, or vice versa, something I think I could do in early Cakewalk Professional version (v2 or 3 I think), wish I had it back in SPlat. Anyway here are my 5 suggestions:

1. If you want to make CbB a DAW that pros (ie. those who do music for living) would want to build their studios around it, I think you should consider offline activation. Making it the main studio DAW means a long term relationship with the software, owning the activation key for future re-installs is essential, same with keeping the main computer offline, which is essential for many pros.

Keep the gui clean and workflow simple, to make the main tasks like quick arming/recording track(s), looping, navigate/zoom within a huge project with many tracks and clips, moving between song sections, markers easy and focused. Make it work with hardware controllers (like Avid Artist or Behringer X-Touch) like a breeze. Streamline the use of mouse wheel and let people customize computer keyboard to their liking. And then focus on powerful editing features.

2. Keep the MIDI features like CAL or MFx or groove quantize, add even more creative MIDI editing features. Again, add seamless integration with hardware controllers. Good scoring wouldn't hurt either.

3. Give us efficient loop-style workflow (think of ableton style) for EDM-type music creation, that will make CbB even more comprehensive.

4. Stability and bug-free is essential.

5. And make a MAC version so we can exchange our project with Mac users, or let us export in a convenient way for Pro-tools users, if possible to a session that they could import? Most pros work on Macs.
2018/04/07 02:25:32
chris.r
Leee
I second the request for a Ripple Edit on/off indicator, to let you know without having to use the dropdown menu whether or not Ripple edit is on or off.  I can't tell you how many times this has screwed me up.
I know it's just a matter of clicking on Undo to fix your mistake, but an indicator light would definitely be welcome.

Similar with 'Snap To/By' switch - would be nice to add an extra indicator to the mouse icon while dragging clips, that will tell you whether you're moving 'To' or 'By'. Something like the extra 'plus' next to the mouse when you're dragging files in windows explorer (ctrl+dragging).
2018/04/07 07:09:25
Muziker
Hi,  please consider these: 
  1. Autosampler - Apple acquired Redmatica Autosampler integrating into Mainstage 3.    To my knowledge, no Windows DAW has a utility like Autosampler. There are some esoteric Autosampler standalone Apps for Windows which are hugely expensive.   Particularly useful to sample old gear without taking them to the gig or practice at friend's house.
  2.  Revamp TTS-1 - feedback has already been given here on interface improvements.  Please refresh the samples of the instruments,  they sound like my 90's sample playback synth.  Improve the sample/recording 24bit/96kHz and instrument quality.    TTS-1 is really useful for downloading GM files to play along/learn cover songs,  easy to use and map tracks. 
2018/04/07 08:45:19
oeai
in AL there's a function of "browsing" own files, in cakewalk we can also see project files, but not content.
so it would be nice to reveal all used instruments and midi-tracks without needing of importing file into project.
so i'd say it's a not so high priority, because we can import projects right now and this solves.
just set a "+" button for each file and clicking it will open all instrument tracks and loops with used midi-loops under each instrument, with ability to drag and drop instrument, midi or loop to current project

and in this case i'd suggest "Project Browser" where we could find all instruments already used in all projects, all loops and all midi's
defined by names of projects+instrument_name+track_name, if in current project some track selected, then clicking on instrument in project browser will switch current instrument and clicking midi will play that midi with current instrument.
2018/04/07 09:12:35
oeai
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Piotr, the only reason to use plugin manager today is for making plugin layouts. All other plugin browsing functionality exists in the plugin browser in SONAR so we aren't going to be making any updates to the plugin manager tool. 

i'm not sure if it is a plugin manager and what's the layout means, there's a need to push vst-midi-fx to "midi effects" in Utilities->CakewalkPluginManager(tool).
Just add one more row in VST_Configuration->Options +midi_plugin and make it work as mfx or add one more category Vst Midi Effects
The Midi_Effect workaround is easy - it must be a PreFX for midi-instrument, but can be used for loop-audio too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account