• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.28)
2018/04/07 12:12:53
elsongs
Feature Request - Global BPM-based time stretch like Studio One has (I use that as a secondary DAW and sometimes export timestretched audio from that program into CW/Sonar).

2018/04/07 12:33:45
beingsmythos
1. Just refine what you already have in Cakewalk and make it more stable/reliable. I love the features in Cakewalk, which make it unique, but when switching back and forth with Pro Tools and Cakewalk Cakewalk can come across as "bloated" with features that mostly work.

2. More Pro Channel support from 3rd party plug in manufacturers as Pro Channel probably makes Cakewalk stand out more than most any other feature. Maybe something with Slate who have a $15/month subscription plan to access all their plug ins or Waves who do flash sales where most plugins can be bought for $29. Combining that with Cakewalk being free and you could really sell the providing professional tools for musicians that have less resources angle.  

3. A section similar to Studio One's Project Page for mastering. I was thinking about trying Studio One Professional out just for the project page.

2018/04/07 17:15:18
Danny Danzi
The ability to have transparent windows. Meaning, cakewalk command menus, etc. Anything that forces you to move something so you can see/work on something else. Example...

During quantizing, if in piano roll working on notes, press Q and the quantize menu comes up. If you are working on a section behind that window, executing the quantize command sometimes moves notes in the wrong direction if you use the wrong option. With the menu window there, you can't see which direction the notes moved. I have to move that out of the way every time just to make sure I didn't have the wrong movement. You know, sometimes we're quantizing 16ths and you change to 32 triplet for something and forget you didn't go back to 16ths? If we could see through the menu, you know instantly that your notes and editing were done right.
2018/04/07 18:57:56
StephanKim
Additional report for Cakewalk by Bandlab

1. Bug / VST SCAN crash down when scanning specific plugins (already have the recent version of SONAR)
if CbB doesn't finish scanning work, CbB couldn't make a list of my plugins.

Crash plugin list I found

IK Multimedia ARC II (VST2 64bit)
Arturia Analog Lab 2 (VST3 64bit)

I finished scan work after deleting these plugins.
I remember some iZotope and Melodyne crashed too on before CbB version but not at this time.
2018/04/07 20:16:10
tobiaslindahl
Danny Danzi
The ability to have transparent windows. Meaning, cakewalk command menus, etc. Anything that forces you to move something so you can see/work on something else. Example...

During quantizing, if in piano roll working on notes, press Q and the quantize menu comes up. If you are working on a section behind that window, executing the quantize command sometimes moves notes in the wrong direction if you use the wrong option. With the menu window there, you can't see which direction the notes moved. I have to move that out of the way every time just to make sure I didn't have the wrong movement. You know, sometimes we're quantizing 16ths and you change to 32 triplet for something and forget you didn't go back to 16ths? If we could see through the menu, you know instantly that your notes and editing were done right.

X-ray is not doing that ? 
2018/04/07 20:27:27
scook
X-Ray works with plug-ins. Danny is asking about something similar for parts of the CbB UI.
2018/04/07 20:45:01
Red4Con1
I would like to see ARA get updated to ARA 2 I hear there are new features in ARA 2 and would like to see them.
2018/04/07 21:04:51
Serious_Noize!
I'm really glad to see this thread available, I just installed the Cakewalk by BandLab version and got everything setup and looked for a way to contact them on a few idea's I have. So Thank you for this thread. 

Here's my idea. What would be AWESOME to add to Cakewalk by Bandlab would be the option to send it to a Mixing Editor rather than just a mixing console. While I realize Bandlab has a Mixer option, I haven't checked the site out much just yet. I haven't had time. 

What I mean is add a third element "AS AN OPTION ONLY" to the Cakewalk by Bandlab, something like Sony Sound Forge, but put it in a virtual environment until you select save for your Mixdowns. You could have multiple mixes and saves but the different it wouldn't affect your main master track. 

While I realize there is the MIX SAVE in Cakewalk already, what I am talking about would take it a step further allowing you to mix after the song is mixed to not only hear it but make additional tweaks. 

Anyway, that's my idea, and I mention it because a lot of times I will take the mixdown and run it through an audio editor to "Trim the blank parts at the beginning and end" and do additional things like "Convert to .WAV .MP3 etc...."...

Cheers!

2018/04/07 22:13:32
tobiaslindahl
scook
X-Ray works with plug-ins. Danny is asking about something similar for parts of the CbB UI.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me then :) 
2018/04/08 02:08:46
backwoods
I've got a million suggestions and three are:

have 'tab' key cycle between the 3 panes on the track inspector. modifer keys to access these are a pain

be able to drag vsts into prochannel which would create a header bar in different color that could be double clicked to open vst gui

make xbox controller compatible with cakewalk. so it can do all the basic stop/go/rewind/zoom in/out etc. xbox controllers are high quality and common worldwide and reasonably cheap.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account