• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.29)
2018/04/08 07:47:09
Leadfoot
My only feature request is to bring back offline authorization.
2018/04/08 12:52:29
Brighp72
Hey there,

Not sure if others have said these since I haven't read the entire thread but here are the only two I have.
1. Drum replacer is a necessary tool that should be continued.  I have tried addictive triggers and would have to say I like DR better. I would be willing to pay for this feature separately in fact I think that might be the way to go because I like the streamlined version that you have so far.

2 integration with Mashine.   My biggest gripe with my own setup is that I cant get the transport functions on my mashine and or the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard to work with Cakewalk. If anyone knows how this can be done let me know. and if you have a template that would be even better.  it would greatly improve my workflow to have full integration with the native instruments gear I have
2018/04/08 14:01:07
Nitrox32
+1 for staff view improvements!

-Aric
2018/04/08 19:32:34
looneymusic
I have only one request - 

CUSTOM INSTALL DIRECTORY OPTIONS!

FFS Bandlab, not all of us are teenagers, who can't do more than click "Install" off of a webpage, and not everyone likes or wants software installed to the "Windows Default" directories. All of my DAWs are configured the way >>> I <<< want them configured: Software, like Sonar, installs to "C:\DAW\Software\(insert program name here)", VSTs install to "C:\DAW\VST\(insert VST name here)", and so on for sample libraries, loops, utility programs, documents, whatever. 

Any product that forces an install directory is not one to be taken seriously. It also makes me wonder what Bandlab is trying to hide from it's users? What else besides Sonar is being installed in directories that users don't know about? 

2018/04/09 01:22:41
Bloodrocuted666
I would like to see something similar to the scratch pads/arrangement track in Studio One. I write as I record in Sonar so something like this to quickly move around song arrangements in the demo phase would be such a time saver!

I was thinking of switching to Studio One if Sonar was dead forever but will most likely stay with Sonar as I know how to do what I need to do in order to make music.  I'd rather spend less time relearning a DAW and more time just making music.
2018/04/09 13:22:21
Starise
This is a feature request for the BandLab home page.

I don't see anything about Cakewalk on the BandLab page unless I dig. I think there should be a big graphic right on the main BandLab page if you intend to draw in new users to the program. Something like " New from BandLab, download our free professional recording program, Cakewalk by BandLab!!"

I wondered if maybe you were simply waiting until a few of the bugs were out of the process before being more public about it. If I were a first time user I wouldn't see Cakewalk on the main home page at all.

2018/04/09 13:36:59
Leadfoot
Starise
This is a feature request for the BandLab home page.

I don't see anything about Cakewalk on the BandLab page unless I dig. I think there should be a big graphic right on the main BandLab page if you intend to draw in new users to the program. Something like " New from BandLab, download our free professional recording program, Cakewalk by BandLab!!"

I wondered if maybe you were simply waiting until a few of the bugs were out of the process before being more public about it. If I were a first time user I wouldn't see Cakewalk on the main home page at all.

+1
I can't find any way to download Bandlab Assistant on their app or website, only from a link someone posted on this forum.
2018/04/09 14:11:44
Rasure
elsongs
Feature Request - Global BPM-based time stretch like Studio One has (I use that as a secondary DAW and sometimes export timestretched audio from that program into CW/Sonar).

Absolutely, when I heard the news about Sonar last year it kind of forced to look for a new DAW, mainly for update compatibility with Windows since Sonar was no longer going to be updated. In a way I`m kind of glad it happened, because I didn't realize what I was missing until I tried Studio One, Yeah it was a bit learning curve, but I`m pretty fluent with it now and the global BPM-based time stretch is just incredible quality.

I do a lot of remixing and I can experiment with different tempos with no effort at at all, sure you do a similar thing in Sonar with grove clip looping on a vocal, but the quality is terrible, lots of artifacts. Studio One is far from perfect , but its reliable and feature rich. I've always said if Studio One had Sonar GUI and ProChannel, it would be the perfect DAW IMO :-)
2018/04/09 15:35:17
NealClark
I am experiencing issues running Cakewalk by Bandlab on a 4K display.

If i run it natively on the 4K display then most of the text within CbB is way too small and unreadable. So I use the display option in windows to scale the text and icons of my desktop and apps to 150%. This seems to work fine with most other applications ...... and I need this to import, view, edit and then score music, in Sonar and CbB to go with 4K video in Davinci Resolve. However when is scale the display in this way I can no longer click on any icons and options within the Cakewalk Dock toolbar. Most of them are greyed out. As there isn't any way to directly scale the text with CbB this is causing me a lot of Issues. Just to clarify. This issue only appears in CbB and not in Sonar X3. I would ask that this be fixed as I cant be the only one experiencing this issue. As 4k Displays are becoming more popular by the day I see this as being a major problem going forward.

Neal.
2018/04/09 18:03:43
MarianoGF
Feature request: EASY CLIP GAIN

- Like in Vegas Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified ANYTIME without accessing the automation menu.
- Change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
PS: I hope that admins don't block me for adding animated GIF examples for my proposals, but it's the best way to understand them.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account