• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.30)
2018/04/09 18:18:40
MarianoGF
Feature request: NON-DESTRUCTIVE NORMALIZING

Like ACID Pro and Vegas Pro, give the possibility of applying a non-destructive audio clip normalizing to 0dB, by switching it on/off in the right-click menu of every audio clip. Just the same way as the existing “mute/unmute clip” option in Cakewalk.
PS: This method will normalize the whole audio file, even if we are using just a clip of it, but it will take the highest peak OF THE PART WE ARE USING as reference to 0dB, with the high possibility of surpassing 0dB (and clipping) in other parts of the file that we are not using. This is easy to correct by switching to "Normalize" again after expanding the audio clip, if we need to do it.
2018/04/09 18:24:20
Leadfoot
MarianoGF
Feature request: EASY CLIP GAIN

- Like in Vegas Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified ANYTIME without accessing the automation menu.
- Change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
PS: I hope that admins don't block me for adding animated GIF examples for my proposals, but it's the best way to understand them.

I've been wanting this for a long time. Good call...
2018/04/09 20:14:21
Elffin
Note icons back in staff... Ben Staton created an app that added them years back ... Never understood why Cakewalk didnt want the icons there???? made staff view pretty much useless for me ...

its so easy to implement!!!

and if you do it will purchase and install Cakewalk by Bandlab on every school computer...
2018/04/09 20:44:34
jbraner
Im not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I'd love to be able to delete the eq module from Prochannel. I don't use it, and it just gets in the way.

Also, in one of the last updates, SONAR started this new behaviour where - when you select something in the timeline and make loop points, it chooses ALL tracks as "selected". They were *not* selected, and I usually have to go unselect everything, so I don't accidentally delete or edit (or whatever) *everything*.

If I want to select everything, I'll do it myself.
2018/04/09 21:42:15
dilletant
Tempo map needs complete redesign. It must behave like any other envelope with the ability to move single nods or groups of nods either by percentage or by bpm numbers. And of course the ability to draw non-linear tempo changes.

Also it would be very helpful to show Length of Selection somewhere at the bottom of the screen. Oftentimes I need to know how long certain part of a project is.
2018/04/09 22:30:45
skinnybones lampshade
I would love to have audio Varispeed (time and pitch stretching):

1. Change pitch and tempo at the same time (higher pitch = quicker tempo, lower pitch = slower tempo). Can be used to achieve the Chipmunk effect, for example.
2. Change pitch but not tempo
3. Change tempo but not pitch

This exists in Studio One and in Reaper and I find it invaluable. It would make me very, very happy to have this creative tool.

Thanks for listening,
Laura

2018/04/10 07:15:23
astaub
Please do not hang me , but ...

Many musicians may not have noticed. But there are new standards like MIDI Online. I see this implemeted on Google Chrome now. I want a technique where I can use Online MIDI in Cakewalk. Meng self has interesting Online Tools https://www.bandlab.com/audio . We have the VST plugin which are offline. It would be possible to use Online Plugin. In this case, I could use Cakewalk, for example, to integrate this great (freeware) application into a (online-) track on the Cakewalk DAW:
http://epiconlineorchestra.com/ 

There are more and more online applications. We need a way to share these new technologies together in one DAW

On the other hand, the online developers need ways to integrate their often small Internet applications in a powerful DAW. This would allow you to combine online applications with VST Plugin such as Melodyne, iZotope Ozone, Neutron ...
So that no latencies arise which depend on the transmission over the Internet, one should offer a possibility or interface in the DAW (Rewire over IP?) so that such on-line tools can run locally.
2018/04/10 07:32:02
royarn
MarianoGF

- Like in Vegas Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified ANYTIME without accessing the automation menu.
- Change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
PS: I hope that admins don't block me for adding animated GIF examples for my proposals, but it's the best way to understand them.

Fully support this idea, bring it on.
2018/04/10 08:15:23
KPerry
MarianoGF

How would you tie that in with the current clip gain envelopes (graphically and in terms of gain)?
2018/04/10 10:32:28
iRelevant
After successfully installing the new CbB, or CB as I like to call it, I find I'm missing following features : 
1. A way of easily importing WEB/iPhone/iPad BandLab projects into CB. 
2. A way of easy exporting CB projects or Mixdowns to BandLab. 
3. And option for access to BandLab's online Mastering under the Utilities Tab.

I guess this is a redundant request, as I imagine work is underway to make this possible in future editions.

[Edit] : I really like the possibility for navigating between different revisions for a project, as found in the BandLab Mix Editor. Would be nice to see something similar in CB.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account