• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.31)
2018/04/10 12:53:00
iRelevant
astaub
Please do not hang me , but ... 
Many musicians may not have noticed. But there are new standards like MIDI Online. I see this implemeted on Google Chrome now. I want a technique where I can use Online MIDI in Cakewalk. Meng self has interesting Online Tools https://www.bandlab.com/audio . We have the VST plugin which are offline. It would be possible to use Online Plugin. In this case, I could use Cakewalk, for example, to integrate this great (freeware) application into a (online-) track on the Cakewalk DAW:
http://epiconlineorchestra.com/ 

There are more and more online applications. We need a way to share these new technologies together in one DAW

On the other hand, the online developers need ways to integrate their often small Internet applications in a powerful DAW. This would allow you to combine online applications with VST Plugin such as Melodyne, iZotope Ozone, Neutron ...
So that no latencies arise which depend on the transmission over the Internet, one should offer a possibility or interface in the DAW (Rewire over IP?) so that such on-line tools can run locally.

Thank you very much for sharing this cool link to the online orchestra ... I'm having a bit problem understanding what this VST plugin in your first link is about ? I don't see no VST following the bandlab link, just the BandLab app.

To comment on your second part, I like the idea of integrating Internet apps in the DAW ... however i think physical restraints leads to an unacceptable level of latency for real time use. It a pretty big blue ball we are living on.

2018/04/10 14:53:42
fresh101
  1.  Improved 32bit vst compatibility
  2. ARA2 support
  3. Popular CAL script integrated (Remove duplicate,Very velocity, Strummer, Etc)
  4. Synth rack connect/disconnect button on compact view
  5. Allow mouse wheel to scroll tempo values
  6. Return Key+/- to track view
  7. SFZ+ 64bit version with SFZ format support
  8. Dedicated sampler with full editing features (like Dropzone but more feature rich)
  9. Full featured SFZ/SF2 editor (possibly as part of #8)
  10. Replace synth feature more upfront and easily visible
2018/04/10 14:56:04
MarianoGF
KPerry
MarianoGF
Feature request: EASY CLIP GAIN

- Like in Vegas Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified ANYTIME without accessing the automation menu.
- Change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
PS: I hope that admins don't block me for adding animated GIF examples for my proposals, but it's the best way to understand them.

How would you tie that in with the current clip gain envelopes (graphically and in terms of gain)?

Not sure if I understood your question, but I don't think this feature should replace the existing one, since the existing one is a "clip gain automation", it allows to add nodes and variating the clip gain in time. Also, it allows you to surpass 0dB. What I propose is an EASY CLIP GAIN, without nodes and not surpassing the 0dB limit, accessible anytime outside the "automation" menu. Same way nowadays we can do easy fade ins/outs, being also possible to do them in the "clip automation" menu.
2018/04/10 15:36:20
MarianoGF
Improvement request: EASILY ADJUSTABLE SELECTION

Feature present in a lot of DAWs and video editors: The facility of adjusting a selection (not only loop points, but any selection) by pulling it by its extremes, both at the ruller and at the timeline.
Thanks BandLab for asking the Cakewalk users.
2018/04/10 15:43:45
fresh101
A GUI magnifier. As screen sizes and resolutions increase, plugin gui's get smaller and harder to use. If there were some way to magnify/decrease GUI size/view by say +/- 50% that would be awesome.

A superficial pixel size increase for plugins that haven't been made resizable by the original manufacturer. Which is most at the moment.
2018/04/10 15:43:57
KPerry
MarianoGF
KPerry
MarianoGF
Feature request: EASY CLIP GAIN

- Like in Vegas Pro, connect every audio clip fade in and fade out with a mobile straight line between them, which is the clip gain, so it can be modified ANYTIME without accessing the automation menu.
- Change the graphic amplitude of the waveform as we move the (previously proposed) gain line and the fade in/out curves.
PS: I hope that admins don't block me for adding animated GIF examples for my proposals, but it's the best way to understand them.

How would you tie that in with the current clip gain envelopes (graphically and in terms of gain)?

Not sure if I understood your question, but I don't think this feature should replace the existing one, since the existing one is a "clip gain automation", it allows to add nodes and variating the clip gain in time. Also, it allows you to surpass 0dB. What I propose is an EASY CLIP GAIN, without nodes and not surpassing the 0dB limit, accessible anytime outside the "automation" menu.

I just think that as a UI, that ends up being confusing: I can't see what the final gain is if I have 2 "envelopes" in the same space.  I don't think that a quick way to do this is a bad idea at all, just that the UI perspective needs thought.
2018/04/10 15:53:01
MarianoGF
KPerry
I just think that as a UI, that ends up being confusing: I can't see what the final gain is if I have 2 "envelopes" in the same space.  I don't think that a quick way to do this is a bad idea at all, just that the UI perspective needs thought.

I agree with you. Also I asked one week ago for a simplifying the menus. So I guess the programmers should find a way to replace the "clip automation" menu for this new feature, trying not to discard the "clip pan", already existing in the actual menu.
2018/04/10 20:36:08
Beatle55
Trim controls in console view are now at "0" when in the middle.  Would like the buses to match...

Great work so far!!!

Thanks
Bill 
2018/04/10 21:31:49
Geoff Cattle
Longer Faders, they're awkward to get precise with when using a mouse.

And thank you for rescuing this fantastic DAW.

(I'd like a plugin that can read my mind. I don't mind playing the instruments, just a plugin that precisely transfers the arrangement in my head onto the hard drive.) 

2018/04/11 04:06:30
mmarton
MarianoGF
Feature request: EASY CLIP GAIN

This!!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account