• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.32)
2018/04/11 05:28:44
DayDay72
I'd like to see Network layer audio support aka reaper/Cubase
2018/04/11 06:51:50
EnriqueLab
Hola, gracias por leerme, estas son la sugerencias: la copia de nodos de automatización de la envolvente de entrada de ganancia, pues si los copias y al pegar esos nodos se copia con todo el audio y se pega con todo ( en la envolvente del volumen no da problema), aveces quiero copiar los nodos de automatización de volumen y pasarlos a ganancia no me da ese traslado de pegar los nodos que quiero en ganancia. 2 al automatizar la ganancia pueda modificar la gráfica del audio del track. 3 que la gráfica del audio del master se vea tan real como la de los de mas tracks...

Saludos :)
2018/04/11 10:25:31
MagicMike
Better way to handle projects that won't open due to a crashing plugin.

Here's an example and a workaround that I use:
I have a current project that won't open because it's complaining about the following plugin:
FabFilter Pro-MB (Mono).dll

This happens to be the VST2 version of the FabFilter Multiband Comp. I have several instances in a large project. I don't know which instance is causing the crash. I'll use this plugin name in the following workaround.

Currently one has to load the project in safe mode and go through an extremely tedious task of going through the plugins one by one and disabling all the ones called "FabFilter Pro-MB (Mono).dll"

Here's a better workaround for now.

Rename your plugin in the folder where it exists to "FabFilter Pro-MB (Mono).old" or whatever .extension you want.

Open the Cakewalk project as normal, it will complain about not finding the plugin, however the project loads fine and the instances of FabFilter Pro-MB (Mono) are still on my tracks.

Disable each instance in Cakewalk.

Close Cakewalk.

Rename the plugin extension back to .dll

Re-open the project. Cakewalk detects the new plugin and the project opens fine.

Re-Enable your instances of "FabFilter Pro-MB (Mono).dll" until the offending one causes a crash.

After the crash and subsequent task manager end process that I have to do sometimes on the Cakewalk exe, I can go back in the project, open the offending plugin instance and save the settings. It's still disabled at this point but I can open it and see and save the settings. Delete the plugin and re-add then load the settings.

It still crashed however ...hmmm

It turns out that I was using the mono version of the plugin on a stereo track. 

The upshot of all this is that surely in this day and age there must be a better and slicker way to deal with issues like this and I think this needs a big overhaul in the Cakewalk code. Plugins need to run in a sandboxed environment maybe?

Hope this debugging workaround proves useful?

2018/04/11 13:47:55
Jim Dooley
Thanks for letting us weigh in. I've been a long time Cakewalk user, but unfortunately, I felt I had to switch because Sonar just couldn't do what some other DAWs could do. I would consider using Cakewalk again if the following features were implemented.

My wish list in order of importance

1. integrated multitrack video editing that can be grouped with audio and MIDI track for simultaneous editing. It would be great if "audio snap would work with video tracks and the transient pool created by other tracks"

2. Improved Audio Snap accuracy. Right now Sonar usually to put the transient markers at the peak after the transient. I would love to see an option to put those markers at the start of the transient instead. For me, Audio Snap is useless the way it is. 

3. Much deeper Keyboard shortcut customization including macros. Reaper has this down. I think it would be hard to get Reaper users to switch to Cakewalk without addressing this (including me). 

4. Wildcards for file naming multiple files. personally, I would need "timeline order" and "track name"

5. The ability to save multiple "Groove Clips" at once. Right now you can only save one at a time via the loop editor. 

6. Nondestructive edges on takes, including a bit of pre-recorded time just in case the player is a bit early on a punch in recording. Maybe Cakewalk could give us an option to start recording early at a chosen time value, but keep the early recording hidden.  

7. More feature rich notation editor. I can make a huge list just for this. 

8. Ableton style live looping. 

9. The ability to save your Cakewalk project to Bandlab for easy collaboration with other Bandlab/Cakewalk users. 

Thanks again for letting us weigh in. I would love to come back to Cakewalk if I can. 
2018/04/11 15:57:38
miracledee
skinnybones lampshade
I would love to have audio Varispeed (time and pitch stretching):

1. Change pitch and tempo at the same time (higher pitch = quicker tempo, lower pitch = slower tempo). Can be used to achieve the Chipmunk effect, for example.
2. Change pitch but not tempo
3. Change tempo but not pitch

This exists in Studio One and in Reaper and I find it invaluable. It would make me very, very happy to have this creative tool.

Thanks for listening,
Laura

skinnybones lampshade
I would love to have audio Varispeed (time and pitch stretching):

1. Change pitch and tempo at the same time (higher pitch = quicker tempo, lower pitch = slower tempo). Can be used to achieve the Chipmunk effect, for example.
2. Change pitch but not tempo
3. Change tempo but not pitch

This exists in Studio One and in Reaper and I find it invaluable. It would make me very, very happy to have this creative tool.

Thanks for listening,
Laura

I agree

2018/04/11 16:30:29
miracledee
This is what I meant when I requested for accompaniment tracks (#261) ...
https://youtu.be/VE1SU-wfKDA
(Tracktion Waveform Pattern Generator Tutorial) 

Amazing stuff... very useful...
2018/04/11 17:01:27
Wookiee
EnriqueLab
Hola, gracias por leerme, estas son la sugerencias: la copia de nodos de automatización de la envolvente de entrada de ganancia, pues si los copias y al pegar esos nodos se copia con todo el audio y se pega con todo ( en la envolvente del volumen no da problema), aveces quiero copiar los nodos de automatización de volumen y pasarlos a ganancia no me da ese traslado de pegar los nodos que quiero en ganancia. 2 al automatizar la ganancia pueda modificar la gráfica del audio del track. 3 que la gráfica del audio del master se vea tan real como la de los de mas tracks...

Saludos :)

For the benefit of those who not speak Spanish.

EnriqueLab says.

Hello, thanks for reading, these are the suggestions: the copy of automation nodes of the gain input envelope, because if the copies and paste those nodes are copied with all the audio and sticks with everything (in the envelope of the volume does not give problem), sometimes I want to copy the volume automation nodes and pass them to gain does not give me that transfer of pasting the nodes I want in profit. 2 By automating the gain you can modify the graph of the track audio. 3 that the graph of the audio of the master looks as real as that of the other tracks ...   Regards :)
2018/04/11 17:13:58
bz2838
I still believe a Cubase type chord track would make CbB a complete DAW!
2018/04/11 17:16:29
Sidroe
I posted several days ago in the open Sonar forum that the CbB version installation has broken the CAL to split notes to tracks. I use this feature on a regular basis and it is greatly missed. There is a workaround. When prompted which track to begin the split to, increase by one. Example: split to track #. Increase the number by one or you will lose the bass drum.
PLEASE,FIX THIS!!!!
2018/04/11 17:46:42
Jerrycast
The ability to change key/transpose multiple MIDI tracks all at one, instead of choosing one MIDI track at a time, then highlighting the  area where you then have to use the overly sensitive slider or numeric keyboards + and - signs to bring the key up or down. Very slow and tedious if you have many tracks and want to try different keys for a singer to test against.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account