• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.35)
2018/04/13 14:51:57
piangio
Thank you Meng and all of you at BandLab.
1. Clip audio gain tool
2. More pro channel modules (eg. Filters, Delay, Reverb and dynamics)
3. Easier and less "deep " way to customize colors and layouts
4. More contrast (the definition of protools GUI for example allows a better wiew when zooming out)
5. Simplfy the audio snap tool
6. More staff accuracy
More to come!
Think you
2018/04/14 01:42:36
smckee
Hi Meng,
Thanks for saving Sonar, and thanks for the opportunity to make suggestions!  The number one feature I would like to see implemented in Cakewalk by Bandlab is a greatly simplified solution for arranging songs.  It does not have to work exactly like Studio One's arranger track--it can be it's own thing--but there must be a better way than the current technique of cutting and pasting multiple tracks, dragging them around, and then re-stitching them together with the dozens of little fixes necessary to make the joins seamless. This is incredibly cumbersome and time consuming.  It is impractical to rearrange a song containing more than a few tracks.  If there is anything like this in the pipeline, could you possibly let us know?  I am happy to wait for it, as long as I know it is coming.  I really want to keep using Cakewalk!  Thanks for your time.
2018/04/14 08:00:18
Tapsa11
Tap tempo assignable to controller. Ability to correct tempo during playback by tapping.
That would make CbB also ultimate live vst synth host.
For midi only projects that would be good enough.

Tapsa
2018/04/14 18:06:27
Keni
Here's an item I've long thought would be handy.

The built-in mp3 encoder window would be much more convenient if we could store presets of all it's settings and data...
2018/04/14 19:02:43
Keni
Here's one that's a bit annoying...

The note names in the PRV...

It really should be fixed so that it remembers which way you wish displayed. Currently I must re-select the AD2 names everytime I open the window...

Yes, I seem to remember this is less of a problem when using the multidock (?) but I prefer using PRV as a free floating window...

2018/04/15 01:20:28
dilletant
Please bring back the ability to design Studioware Panels!
2018/04/15 11:13:57
iRelevant
Make the install of ASIO4ALL optional ... it is also installed (optional) with other products (like FLS) and may create version conflict. Just a suggestion ... I don't us it so it's not a problem for me.
2018/04/15 12:44:14
Wookiee
iRelevant
Make the install of ASIO4ALL optional ... it is also installed (optional) with other products (like FLS) and may create version conflict. Just a suggestion ... I don't us it so it's not a problem for me.

TTBOMFK ASIO4all is not part of any SONAR or CbB installer.  I do not believe SONAR has ever installed an Audio Driver.  Thta would be part of your Audio interface installer.
2018/04/15 15:24:05
Geoff Cattle
poetnprophet
Mannymac
My most pressing request would be related to the Tungsten theme.

I love it but I am not using it because the Mixer Strips don't follow the Track Color selection.
That was a feature request since the new color scheme came out. Would be great to have it like it is in Mercury.
Why it was not like that from the start is beyond me to be honest.

Please Bandlab :)

+1
The tungsten theme is really nice looking, much easier on the eyes when you have to look at the screen for hours and hours.  Yes the color bars indicate at the bottom, but when you scroll up in the console view you loose the ability to see any color differences, it's really hard to sort through dozens of tracks this way.

Pretty please...?
Dave

I would like to see the channel strips edges 'framing' them in their respective colours, rather than a solid colour covering the entire strip/s.
2018/04/15 16:07:56
pmj_rit
Is there any connection between a marked degradation in latency and installing the bandlab version? 

It used to be acceptable but latency is now so long as to make direct midi recording completely impractical.

I'm not saying Cakewalk by bandlab is the cause.  I don't know what the cause is but I recently installed Cakewalk by bandlab and I've made no other changes.

And of course I'm still grateful to bandlab for what they are doing - which is great. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account