• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.37)
2018/04/17 06:36:31
eve_ripper
Maybe a bug

Wanted to export my track to share with other musicians. I wanted quick mp3. Selected export entire mix and after rendering file Ifound file with 2 seconds. Ok, disabled hp and lp filters in export to mp3 window. Now I've got a file with my audio exported but without any of virtual instruments audio. Do I really need to bounce them as audio before export? I think for quick bounces it should be fast and without such problems.
2018/04/17 15:22:43
MarianoGF
Feature request: SELECTION LENGHT INFO

In Cakewalk we actually have two displays showing the selection info, which are "Select From" and "Select Thru". Would be very useful to have a third display showing the SELECTION LENGHT, as this example in Vegas Pro. Because actually if one need to know how long is lasting a song, must to calculate in mind the "Select From" and "Select Thru" information to guess it approximately. This is a bit annoying, and very easy to solve with this proposed "Selection Lenght Info" display. Also, as in the exaple gif, would be nice that the numbers change as we vary the selection, and not once we release the mouse button, as it happens now in our beloved Cakewalk.
Thanks Cakewalk team for asking the users.
2018/04/17 16:23:35
MarianoGF
Feature improvement: SAME TIME FORMATS

I consider useful that "Selection", "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays in the Control Bar should change their time formats as we change the main "Current now time" format. The same would happen with the ruller time format as we change the Track Pane Header time format.

Revision April 23, 2018:
As I could experience in many other DAWs and video editors, It doesn't seem to be necessary to have dedicated displays for "Loop" and "Punch In". It is enough with the "Select From" and "Select Thru" displays (plus a third for "Selection Lenght") and keeping the two existing buttons to "set loop points to selection" and "set punch points to selection". This way we can save space in the control bar for expanding collapsed tools.
Thanks Cakewalk for asking the users.
2018/04/17 20:13:32
StevenMikel
The ability to feed multiple soft synths from a single midi track,for a layered sound. Cubase does this with "midi sends",there is a video about this on YouTube.

2018/04/18 02:51:01
CadErik
meng

It would help very much if people could share (with as much or as little detail as they want) the top 5 things they would love to see or to be improved in TDFKAS from SONAR - the more specific the better. Or if there are things that you feel we are sorely lacking versus other options in the market, it's all helpful to know. Everyone's workflow and priorities are not the same, so please stay civil! 

Right now, because of the limitations listed here, I won't be starting new projects in Sonar.

1. Improved VST time sync - resync all the VST plugins after pause/start even if you are not resuming on a measure. StudioOne already does that.
2. Improved latency compensation (it can go crazy up to 20 sec). Same thing, this is much better handled in StudioOne
3. More reactive UI
4. Arranger track, like StudioOne. 

2018/04/18 06:28:47
coltpeacemaker
Can you make your borders in Sonar smaller! They take up so much real estate there no need for it. The pro channel and media/vst windows on the sides are about 1 cm each, can you thin it out and same for the bottom!! Also implement full track colours when using the dark theme like mercury not just a line off colour! But most off all pls fix the Matrix view, im a huge Ableton user and love the way Ableton handles audio clips.

The matrix is too clunky in the way it works and records atm! pls can you look into it because that's where you guys fall down! As much as i love recording and playing guitar, electronic music is HUGE and that's one off the reason Sonar keeps failing you need to make it so we tech heads have a easy to use DAW that's capable off traditional recording for users that use guitars,drums etc but EDM lovers also have a STRONG platform that's just as easy to use. 
Also the GUI is looking really tired! And the fonts and quite dated and need to be brought into 2018 and beyond

And lastly better surface control in Sonar as its quite difficult atm to integrate some into Sonar where in other DAWs such as Ableton,Cubase,Reason,fl studio its a snap...

Cheers Meng and the team..... 
2018/04/18 08:35:05
coltpeacemaker
Fl studio used to be the biggest electronic DAW but Ableton has easily overtaken it! Just go on youtube and type in electronic tutorials and its all nearly Ableton live and i love it too! Just bought 10 and its brilliant...
2018/04/18 17:59:52
sonarjeff
Hi Meng,  
It would he helpful if the "input quantization" mode could be activated by simply right clicking on the track selected for recording and have that display as a selectable option and/or have "Record with Quantize" as a recording mode option. 
Thanks much and it's terrific to see all the great things BandLab is offering the Cakewalk community. 
- Jeff -
2018/04/18 19:30:57
Yurim
Make sonar8.5 pro version one by using vst3 in sonar8.5 instead of sonar home edition.
Please do not get the version now, just release the sonar8.5pro version at a low price and let vst3 use only the existing 8.5. I'm begging you.
Or, if you change the theme in the current version, you can return to the 8.5-time interface and use the 8.5 screenshots and features.
2018/04/18 22:11:15
mickeymonster
Hi Meng. I have one.

Of all my plug ins carried over, addictive drums is the only one lost.
Its my favorite. I'm sad.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account