• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.41)
2018/04/24 04:16:22
tIM sHEAN
Colors for Markers is in Preference, although the list is shorter than it used to be and most of the important things like numbers and words in small windows used to be also. Tho we used to be able to hover over numbers and change them up or down with the mouse wheel. I do miss that.
2018/04/24 04:17:15
RexRed
When using Melodyne in a track if you want to comp record a new take Melodyne does not mute. Please fix that. 
2018/04/25 10:09:09
Skyline_UK
Track view - 'detent' on track height:
I often drag track heights of tracks to compare wave profiles. To get two or more the same height I have to do it by 'eye'. It would be handy if there were a way of allowing a detent feature so that it was easier to make heights the same for two or more tracks temporarily.
2018/04/25 10:14:20
Skyline_UK
Piano Roll View - MIDI keyboard/drum note names:
If I make the drum track the focus, and change the keyboard to drum note names, this stays the same if I switch to a non-drum track, e.g. piano. Could this be changed so that the drum note names keyboard stays when the drums track is chosen, and goes back to a standard keyboard for others?

Thanks!
2018/04/25 18:02:24
poetnprophet
tIM sHEAN
I have been a happy user of Cakewalk software since it was Dos. That's almost 28 years in my professional studio here in Nashville. In that time I've Produced and Engineered over 40 albums of all styles and tons of Demos for pitching in town. The main thing is that since Sonar X series Way Too Many procedures are in way too many places. If I'm doing odubs I Hate to be forced to keep bouncing around to different drop down menus. I should be able to move a clip around, trim that clip and adjust the volume envelope with Out changing the Tool or going to another drop down menu. We didn't used to, clear up thru 8.5. Sonar used to be The Best recording/midi software on the PC platform. Slow Tools is just beginning to do things Sonar was capable of 10 and 15 years ago. One of the most important things about the software is that it was so customizable. I took the 12 things I do all the time and assigned them to my "F" keys for 1 button access. The full Key binding list needs to be brought back. My.. Clone... Vol Envelope... Pan Envelope etc.. should be a lot easier to access when I'm working. Not on different drop down menus. Obviously the Programers who though that is a good idea have Never run a Recording Session. Not everyone out here is making music in our bedroom in our Mom's house. I have started looking at other Daw's. Because I actually went back to 8.5. But I need to upgrade. Fix Sonar and I'll be happy to stay. How the Program works is Much more important than some new plug in.

+1 on pretty much everything here.  The clip editing and smart selection have been great additions, but at the expense of easy automation.  If I have a track with volume, pan, send automations, and I have to compare or select them, look at how cumbersome that is!  Look at the view, you can't even see the waveform and all the automation lines at the same time with enough resolution to do anything with the automation lines.  I am sorry for the rant, but it really is a huge step backwards in terms of workflow and it is to the point that I am literally avoiding automation because it is so cumbersome.  Same with some of the functions that used to be available with 1 right click:  bounce to track/clip, insert envelope...

So, I would like to see the automations return to the waveform view, and perhaps buttons on the track to select which lines to view/edit along with read/write for those.  Basically shorten the number of clicks it takes to view and edit automation as well as a more inclusive view of everything.

(edit) While we're at it, can we also have the ability to change values with the fader/pan/etc when there's automation...without a special modifier?  Or, at least the option to turn that on/off?  Using yet another AUX track just to manage volume/etc after automation is a waste of a track, screen real estate, and efficiency.  Please!

Skyline_UK
Track view - 'detent' on track height:
I often drag track heights of tracks to compare wave profiles. To get two or more the same height I have to do it by 'eye'. It would be handy if there were a way of allowing a detent feature so that it was easier to make heights the same for two or more tracks temporarily.

I also requested the ability to move multiple tracks at once...both in track view and console view.  I think this idea of expanding the track height also falls in line with that.  

Currently we can perform identical functions on multiple tracks with the CNTRL modifier.  Select multiple tracks by holding control.  Insert a send on all those tracks, hold control.  Change volume/pan on those tracks, hold control.

I would say continue that logic:  hold control, select multiple tracks, hold control move/drag...just like you can with clips now.  I would also say the same for track height would seem just as logical...and useful.

Dave
2018/04/25 22:44:40
Daibhidh
I totally agree Dave. Ctrl should be the multi-select modifying key.
2018/04/26 14:18:36
MarianoGF
tIM sHEAN
My.. Clone... Vol Envelope... Pan Envelope etc.. should be a lot easier to access when I'm working. Not on different drop down menus. Obviously the Programers who though that is a good idea have Never run a Recording Session. Not everyone out here is making music in our bedroom in our Mom's house.

Maybe you can take a little time to know the software better. Just to create an envelope you have to go to the drop down menu. Then, every time you need to make changes, you select it quickly by SHIFT+Click either on every envelope or on the waveform.
2018/04/26 15:39:41
stickman393
An improved Drum Map Editor would be nice.
2018/04/26 15:44:51
poetnprophet
MarianoGF
tIM sHEAN
My.. Clone... Vol Envelope... Pan Envelope etc.. should be a lot easier to access when I'm working. Not on different drop down menus. Obviously the Programers who though that is a good idea have Never run a Recording Session. Not everyone out here is making music in our bedroom in our Mom's house.

Maybe you can take a little time to know the software better. Just to create an envelope you have to go to the drop down menu. Then, every time you need to make changes, you select it quickly by SHIFT+Click either on every envelope or on the waveform.

hey, that's pretty neat...thanks for sharing.
2018/04/26 21:11:22
bz2838
Chord track!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account