• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.42)
2018/04/28 01:25:48
Billy86
A wireless remote control app for iPad. :)
2018/04/28 14:35:23
Toddskins
bz2838
Chord track!

What is chord track?  

Is it a MIDI thing or Audio?

Does it display in only one particular view, or many?

I'm unfamiliar with this, unless it's something akin to guitar tablature within notation software. 
2018/04/28 15:47:43
bz2838
Toddskins
bz2838
Chord track!

What is chord track?  

Is it a MIDI thing or Audio?

Does it display in only one particular view, or many?

I'm unfamiliar with this, unless it's something akin to guitar tablature within notation software. 

The chord track is both audio and midi, you can view it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YR3WduUNY

Hope this helps, it's a great tool, I bought Cubase 7.5 just for this feature
2018/04/28 17:20:11
jbagge
I didn't take the time to read every post in this thread so I hope I'm not repeating anyone. The biggest change I'd like to see is when you solo or mute a track that mute or solo follows through to the buses. It's annoying to have to do it twice. Other than that I'm happy, thanks to Band Lab for keeping a great DAW alive!
2018/04/28 17:40:27
stickman393
The non-scrollable, infinite drop-down list of possible actions when customizing the control bar needs some love.
2018/04/28 17:47:31
Toddskins
bz2838
The chord track is both audio and midi, you can view it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YR3WduUNY

Hope this helps, it's a great tool, I bought Cubase 7.5 just for this feature

Ok.  But that Youtube video only shows it as a MIDI thing.  Still kinda cool.  Thanks.  I cannot recall, but I think Cakewalk used to have a chord analyzer in MIDI, or maybe it was some other company.  And I know there are some companies out there that analyze audio, which is pretty darn cool.  Celemony does it on their high end Melodyne, but there are others.

Guitar tablature for MIDI Staff View would be very nice to have in Cakewalk by BandLab.  That would probably motivate me to download and install.
2018/04/28 19:10:16
Grem
I love the Comping features of CWbBL. However, I do see some room for improvement.

Feature Request: Have the comped track be editable and savable in the parent track.

I would like this feature to have a button similar to Freeze called Comp, so that when pressed, it collapses all the takes, creates an audio trk of the comp that is editable in the trk and names the new clip same as trk but adds to clip name Comp #1.

When I finish comping a track, I would like to be able to edit that comped trk in the parent trk just like I would any other audio trk.

However, I do not want the parts that make up the comp trk to be edited. I want the takes to stay original.

I also want all the takes that make up the comp to remain with the trk.

Also (very important) to have the selected takes of the comp to remain selected, so in the future I can know which ones make up the comp. So that I could go back and make changes if I have to or need be.

Here is where it gets really interesting:
When I unselect the Comp button, the audio trk created when the Comp button was pressed (Clip:Comp #1) is kept (not discarded or deleted) and put on a take lane (along with the clip name) in this same trk. Then I can do another version of the comp. The saved comp would also have to be able to retain/remember/know what parts of the original takes made up the comp.

What this would amount to is the ability to do multiple Comps from the same takes, retaining all the original takes and all versions of the comps. You could then select which comp you want to try and decide which one you want to use, without loosing or separating all the original takes.

I can dream can't I!! : )

2018/04/28 19:24:58
Grem
stickman393

An improved Drum Map Editor would be nice.

I suggested this before and was asked "What would you do to improve what is already there?"

At the time I never thought about it. Other than, just make it better/easier!!

After some time, I have thought about it:

I would like an GUI that I could add/enter my own drum parts (example, say from EZD2 or AD2) and these would be able to drag and drop into the drum map where I want them to go. These parts that I entered would be saved (as sets/kits/program) in the Drum Map Editor and then I could re-use them by just drag and drop when ever I wanted to make a new drum map.

I could see people creating the dragable part list and sharing with each other.

That's my idea of a new drum map editor. 
2018/04/29 01:17:09
hOnozuka
It would be interesting to have "Upload to BandLab" for this option.

2018/04/29 18:51:25
Mwah
A little, but annoying bug is still around even in this newest update: UAD Ocean Way Studios plugin still loses its settings when closing the project. When opened up, it has returned to defaults.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account