• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.44)
2018/05/05 16:00:00
LJB
Imagine a semi-transparent HORIZONTAL Aim Assist that pops up when you click on Automation to help with aligning stuff like thresholds etc. I would use that all the time on automating things like gates on live mixes.
2018/05/05 16:51:00
iRelevant
I would like to see 32-bit DX\DXi plug-ins supported in CbB. Also support for 32-bit ReWire.
2018/05/06 00:22:19
JoseC.
Hangdog Cat

4. MIDI loop preview: It's currently possible to audition audio loops (Acid etc) in real time while the project is playing. One simply browses to the loops and clicks them one at a time to audition them. They then play in tune with the project (assuming one has specified the project key correctly), and at project tempo. I would like to see something similar for MIDI loops. I want to be able to click a MIDI loop and have it sound via the synth (internal or external) of my choice, to hear what it sounds like in the context of my project. I do NOT want to have to load each loop onto the timeline to hear it. I understand that getting the MIDI loops to be in the correct key may be impossible in a preview, but it would be awesome if that were possible. Otherwise, just the ability to click a MIDI loop and hear it play immediately (in project key or not) would be a huge time saver.

You must be doing something wrong, because midi loop preview in the browser works exactly as you want it. You just click the loop and it sounds through any selected midi track. It does not follow project key, though, just tempo.
2018/05/06 15:31:53
Brando
1,2,3,4) Arranger Track function just like Studio One Pro.
I never imagined how useful this would be until I started using it. Now it's become vital to how I work.
2018/05/07 02:35:03
Studioguy1
I would like to see the piano roll improved similar to the way FL Studio had it in version 10.  (They screwed it up in versions 11 and 12 by basically overkilling it).  Use version 10 for a few days and you will see what I mean.  Basically, the function of writing in the piano roll needs improvement.  The drum maps and the rest of the stuff are excellent.
Thank you for the opportunity to express some thoughts.  By the way anything you do with Pro-Channel would be great.  Love that thing.
2018/05/07 07:18:43
Rick Plester
SAFE MODE-- Could we please have a list of plugins and a check mark for each one to select in a screen instead of them loading manually one at a time? :)

TY
2018/05/07 08:04:17
Bristol_Jonesey
Rick Plester
SAFE MODE-- Could we please have a list of plugins and a check mark for each one to select in a screen instead of them loading manually one at a time? :)

TY

Good idea.

I know this has been suggested before but please, nested folders in both Track & Console Views
2018/05/07 17:31:52
Studioguy1
I would like to see some work done on an integral score-writer.  Perhaps even porting in an existing one to work within Cakewalk.  That would work for me.  Though I do use existing programs, it would just be great to have it directly accessible through the DAW itself.
2018/05/07 19:11:41
StevenMikel
The ability to feed multiple soft synths from a single midi track,for a layered sound. Cubase does this with "midi sends",there is a video about this on YouTube.

I wonder if this can be done with patch points. We have patch points for audio,what about patch points for midi ?
2018/05/07 21:04:14
MarianoGF
I'll recalculate three of my request in one, to be more clear:

A) Please, add the possibility to modify the selection just taking it by its extremes.
B) Also, add a display for "Selection Lenght" (in addition to the existing "Select from" and "Select Thru").

C) Synchronize their time formats with the "Current now time" format, so every time we change it, change them too.
D) It would be useful to move the existing "set loop points to selection" and "set punch points to selection" buttons to the side of this "Selection" displays.
E) Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

PD: Earlier in this thread I proposed to synchronize the "Ruller" time format with the time "Track Pane Header" format, but I regret. It's more useful tu keep them independent of everything, to have more time format views on the same project.

Thanks Cakewalk for asking the users.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account