• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.45)
2018/05/07 21:31:28
joakes
I’d like to see a resume feature in Bandlab Assistant.

Its really frustrating when your internet cuts out then BA restarts downloading again.

Jerry
2018/05/08 04:04:16
Grem
MarianoGF

E) Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

I disagree here. One of the very unique features of CW is it's ability to have different loop selection and punch-in record selection. When I was searching for a new DAW I found it really unbelievable that no other DAW had this feature. It is a feature and one of the reasons I was so thankful that CW was brought back to life. 

Example: You use the loop selection to start two measures before and after the solo section. Punch in Record starts right on and through the solo section. This allows you to play into the solo and through the solo. Great feature not found anywhere else!!
2018/05/08 04:25:55
MarianoGF
Grem
MarianoGF

E) Finally, the "Loop" and "Punch In/Out" displays won't be no more necessary, for it is enough with just the "Selec From", "Select Thru" and "Selection Lenght" displays, as it happens in most DAWs and video editors. Thus saving space in the control bar for expand other tools.

I disagree here. One of the very unique features of CW is it's ability to have different loop selection and punch-in record selection. When I was searching for a new DAW I found it really unbelievable that no other DAW had this feature. It is a feature and one of the reasons I was so thankful that CW was brought back to life. 

Example: You use the loop selection to start two measures before and after the solo section. Punch in Record starts right on and through the solo section. This allows you to play into the solo and through the solo. Great feature not found anywhere else!!

Grem, I agree with you, In fact I've used that tool the same way as you. Are needed two different regions to do that (loop and punch), but not two more time displays than select. I'm not asking to have just one region, but just one region time display which serves for everything. Example: you select a región and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another región inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.
2018/05/08 07:35:22
Daibhidh
I have a new suggestion, not for Cakewalk the program,
but to help bring people over to the DAW.

A wikia site for how to use Cakewalk by Bandlab with gifs like MarianoGF makes.
Why this? Because most people are too lazy to read text or even watch long videos.

Also this makes learning Cakewalk international, so non-English speakers can easily learn it,
because everybody can watch a gif.

Imagine someone wanted to learn how to do a specific task in Cakewalk,
and there was a wikia site where you could type 'automation'.
And find a page with gifs of all the different ways of doing it.

A wiki site where everything is hyperlinked with gifs or videos would make Cakewalk go viral,
especially because it's free too. Apart from gifs being a universal language,
most people are A.D.D. so this would reach the largest possible audience.

Of course for more complicated processes you could explain it in a short video,
but most tasks in Cakewalk could be visually explained with a gif.

The only issue is whether you wanted to do it in-house or just let the users create it themselves.
If MarianoGF could tell us how he makes his gifs, various users could make their own
to demonstrate their favourite features in Cakewalk, then they just need a wikia site to upload them too.

What do you think?

2018/05/08 13:30:31
Grem
MarianoGF

Example: you select a región and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another región inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.

Oh, I see now. I thought you were suggesting CW becomes like the other DAW's and have only one selection choice.

What your suggesting would be nice. A 'one-stop-and-shop' selection area. I get that now!! : )
2018/05/08 14:24:13
Base 57
Grem
MarianoGF

Example: you select a región and then apply the yellow flags for looping. Then select another región inside it and apply the red flags of punching. I don't think a lot of displays are needed to do that.

Oh, I see now. I thought you were suggesting CW becomes like the other DAW's and have only one selection choice.

What your suggesting would be nice. A 'one-stop-and-shop' selection area. I get that now!! : )

You have this already.

Right click the edge of the loop module. Select "resize loop module-small". Then do the same for the Punch module.
2018/05/09 06:44:32
Grem
Base 57

Right click the edge of the loop module. Select "resize loop module-small". Then do the same for the Punch module.

I have all modules on the Control Bar. Some are collapsed and open when I hover over them. I love the CB module system we have now and don't want to give it up.

2018/05/09 10:20:14
Wibbles
iRelevant
...Also support for 32-bit ReWire.

A ReWire bridge is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVnHX320jU

or http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/rewire-32-bit-reason-to-your-64-bit-daw-windows.4533/

I have used it to rewire good old 32 bit ReBirth into SONAR 64 bit and it worked fine.
2018/05/09 15:13:09
mettelus
Just FYI for the above. That 32->64 bit ReWire bridge caused excessive load times for me when I was on Win7 (from like 1 second to 45 seconds). Noel made a comment that rewires are analyzed before SONAR/CbB loads, and that was my culprit for "excessive load times." Since I rarely used it, I uninstalled it; so I am not sure how it plays with Win10 or if it can be optimized to avoid that delay in loading.

More a heads up.
2018/05/09 17:23:55
J-War
Dear Devs, fixing the various " Take lines erratic behaviours bugs " that have plagued lots of Sonar users for a long time, should be considered as a priority task.

Those bugs send a quite unprofessionnal image to users and customers. Through times, I personaly saw many people switching to other DAWS because those erratic behaviours make us loose a lots of time during editing sessions !

- Applying crossfades manualy on clips is quite painful because of the various erratic positionning bugs.
You have to retry X times, zoom excessively and move things again numerous times to have your crossfades start and end exactly where you want...
(Because of that, editing clips enveloppes manualy is sometimes almost faster than using crossfades and way more reliable. (Although there are nodes editing bugs from time to time but well...))

- There are various copy / paste bugs that occur on the take lines. Those have been reported numerous time... From things getting pasted where you don't want to, comping mode randomly not working as expected, sound on sound mode neither...

Those are quite basic functions, you won't experience such editing bugs on Protools for examples nor on any other major DAWS.

Bandlab Sonar is a fresh start... To have us realy enjoy that new Sonar on a more professional level, i think it starts here : bugs correction on main editing functions for a stable and professionnal Sonar behavior.

Anyway, yhanks for your time and efforts.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account