• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.46)
2018/05/10 02:40:28
Grem
J-War

Dear Devs, fixing the various " Take lines erratic behaviours bugs "  

- Applying crossfades manualy on clips is quite painful because of the various erratic positionning bugs.
You have to retry X times, zoom excessively and move things again numerous times to have your crossfades start and end exactly where you want...
(Because of that, editing clips enveloppes manualy is sometimes almost faster than using crossfades and way more reliable. (Although there are nodes editing bugs from time to time but well...))

- There are various copy / paste bugs that occur on the take lines. Those have been reported numerous time... From things getting pasted where you don't want to, comping mode randomly not working as expected, sound on sound mode neither...

+1
2018/05/10 07:57:17
Muziekschuur at home
Gapless audio engine. 
Screen change as fast as Logic can. And changes using num pad.
HUI support. It means all type of current remote controllers will be supported and the DAW is a full competitor for Avid Pro Tools.
2018/05/10 14:19:12
Tony Shaffer
Base 57
1. Negative measures ( Even better would be the ability to put more than one song into a single project; each with its own downbeat).
2. Staff view improvements

Quoting to emphasize these. Either negative pre-measures or assignable starting point would be hugely helpful. I work a lot from charts, and it would be helpful to be able to find "Measure 72" actually labeled "72." Making this assignable might be preferable to those whose workflow is fine the way it is.

Regarding the second, most of my charts are number charts; it would be hugely helpful to be able to generate (simple) number charts and overlay number charts into MIDI tracks for basic chord changes.

Thanks,
T.

2018/05/10 16:16:37
Keni
Anybody else still experiencing this pain?

There is (roughly) a 3db difference between frozen/unfrozen tracks.... this has been around for quite some time.

I work on a midi track and set volumes, then when I freeze it, the gain is suddenly 3db louder....

Not a deal breaker but it really gets old having to reset balances after each freeze...

2018/05/10 16:23:53
pwalpwal
Keni

There is (roughly) a 3db difference between frozen/unfrozen tracks.... this has been around for quite some time.

I work on a midi track and set volumes, then when I freeze it, the gain is suddenly 3db louder....

Not a deal breaker but it really gets old having to reset balances after each freeze...

could it be that freezing ignores pan settings?
2018/05/10 17:22:59
Tony Shaffer
Not sure what happened to my earlier post, so I guess I'll repost.

First, quoting Base 57 (for emphasis):
1. Negative measures ( Even better would be the ability to put more than one song into a single project; each with its own downbeat).
2. Staff view improvements

My list:
1. Regarding the negative measures, I believe having assignable numbers on the timeline would allow choosing a starting point while accommodating those who prefer things just the way they are.

I work a lot from charts, mostly number charts, but sometimes transcriptions for things like horn arrangements. Few songs actually start on "Measure 1," and even if they do, I can't start recording from Measure 1 because there might be a "pushed" beat on beat one. There are usually pickup notes or maybe several bars of introduction prior to the first measure of the actual song.

For years, I've struggled with finding things like "Measure 72" when it might be labeled "83" in my timeline. There are workarounds, each with its own flavor of awkwardness, and being able to set Measure 1 in the timeline would make my work much easier.

I had also commented on generating number charts in staff view, along with a MIDI overlay for PRV using number charts to cue chord changes.
Thanks,
T.
2018/05/10 18:37:11
Keni
pwalpwal
Keni

could it be that freezing ignores pan settings?

Interesting thought... but the kick/sare are each mono tracks panned center?

I know i've chatted with bitman about this in the past as he told me he now automatically re-adjusts without thinking about it.

I'm finding it a growing nuisance as freezing/un smetimes happens often and i forget where i am...
2018/05/10 19:23:27
M@
Hi Bandlab/Sonar Team,

* Quadcurve detachable; so that i can pull up on separate monitorscreen AND allow multiple instances to be open for separate tracks wirhout them closing when i select other channels.

* Batch export of multiple secrions of recorded (multi-tracks) e.g. between designated markers.
This is nice for recorded live sessions for quick and dirty export of multiple songs recorded in one long (multi)track.
I think many non professionals would love this feature (Bands/Jamsessions etc.)

* Folders in Console-view &

* "auto-follow/display" tracks belonging to selected bus/patchpoint

* Quadcurve and Adaptive Limiter as VST to use in other DAW

* I use one Soundcard for (live) recording (tc-connect) and another for mixing (vs700r).
Sometimes when i boot up and start Sonar I will have either one switched on and open a session which was previously saved with the other and vicaversa.
Switching back and forth (also after saving) is troublesome having to deselect ALL channels and reselect ALL channels....
Maybe this can be simplified somehow.

I am looking forward to what's coming up!
Mat
2018/05/10 20:48:13
Blacksymphony
Make the transform tool can be applied to tempo view.
2018/05/11 06:47:18
Lord Tim
^^ Great idea!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account