• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.7)
2018/03/29 19:44:41
Base 57
Phoen1xPJ
Another one... I never liked take lanes. Waaay back (mebbe PA9 or SONAR 1XL) when I was looping and doing multi takes, I could set it to *make* a new track and store take there. 5 takes would equal 5 tracks and each but most recent would be muted. This was (for me) *much* easier to work with than lanes. If there is a way to set this behavior in SPlat, I haven't found it. If it's there, please tell me, peeps. Otherwise, consider this a feature request. 

Right click the record button, then select "Store Takes in Separate Tracks" and unselect "Create New Lanes".
2018/03/29 19:46:44
Bristol_Jonesey
1 - Overhaul and update drum maps
2 - Nested folders in Track View
3 - Folder structure for Console View
4 - The ability to re-order the position of synths in the rack
5 - Update all of the numerous sub-menus which look like they came from Win 2K
2018/03/29 20:02:40
bitman
Fix ACT mapping focus with regards to the console view ProChannel. Hasn't worked right since X3, X2 and X1 where it worked flawlessly. Noel knows about this. ;-)

I have it well documented with show and tell videos and a spreadsheet if you need a refresher.

Thank you.
2018/03/29 20:02:44
stickman393
I would like to be able to start a project on Measure 0.
2018/03/29 20:15:02
raweber
Thanks, Meng, for the opportunity to give some input into this. I use Sonar as a songwriting tool as well as a recording and mixing tool. As such, my number one ask is for the ability to seamlessly add and delete measures from the middle of a project, and drag sections around, having the TEMPO as well as all the clips and controllers follow everything around. Right now the only way to delete measures and close up the hole is to literally have a clip in every single track where you want the deletion to occur.

Some other wish list items:
  • Add a tempo track to the track view window and replace the cumbersome to edit stepped tempo entries with a standard envelope. It works for MIDI cc's so I don't see any reason it shouldn't work with tempo as well.
  • I often bristle at the limitation of adding plugins either before or after the Prochannel, but cannot put them within or use PC modules before and after other plug-ins. This would easily be overcome my eliminating the plug-in bay and creating a PC module that can be populated with any vst effect.
  • Certain folder options should follow the project folder - for instance import and export audio should default (or have the option to default) to the project folder so when I bounce between different songs I don't have to chase the folder structure all the time, too.
  • Ability to use the scroll wheel on my mouse to control any control I'm hovering over
So I've hit my limit of 5 - very excited to see what the future holds.
2018/03/29 20:47:39
bz2838
Musicman762
Hi. Long-time Cakewalk/Sonar User here...

4) Get rid of the dead weight... Personally, the .cal scripts never did nothing for me and though the rest of the platform has been developed consistently, .cal and the instrument configurations have not been updated for several major releases. I appreciate application integration if it helps with performance, otherwise, it’s just one more place for something to go wrong and crash the whole Program...

I often use .cal scripts, I find them very useful, hope they don't discontinue them, if you don't like them, don't use them, I never had a .cal script crash Sonar!
2018/03/29 21:00:57
Liquid Noise
  1. An improved audio engine.
  2. The ability to monitor incoming audio through FX. For example: I would like to play my bass through some amp plugins and here the FXs in real time.
2018/03/29 21:03:31
Primetime
Thanks Meng for the opportunity..
Please fix audio dropouts..
I would love to see a project page, as integrated in Studio One....
More updated tutorials, maybe videos...
Thanks....
2018/03/29 21:26:33
KPerry
Liquid Noise
  1. An improved audio engine.
  2. The ability to monitor incoming audio through FX. For example: I would like to play my bass through some amp plugins and here the FXs in real time.

You can do 2 already - read up on Input Monitoring.
2018/03/29 21:32:50
Phoen1xPJ
Base 57
Phoen1xPJ
Another one... I never liked take lanes. Waaay back (mebbe PA9 or SONAR 1XL) when I was looping and doing multi takes, I could set it to *make* a new track and store take there. 5 takes would equal 5 tracks and each but most recent would be muted. This was (for me) *much* easier to work with than lanes. If there is a way to set this behavior in SPlat, I haven't found it. If it's there, please tell me, peeps. Otherwise, consider this a feature request. 

Right click the record button, then select "Store Takes in Separate Tracks" and unselect "Create New Lanes".

Thank you, Base! Glad it was there...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account