• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.8)
2018/03/29 22:02:51
mkerl
Develop the matrix view (recording to cells i.e.)

A remote control for tablet. Found this with Studio one, and it's pretty cool to work with.

Cheers :) 
2018/03/29 22:05:10
Skyline_UK
Thanks for asking for this Meng.
Can I just add a note of caution. I've just read through all the posts so far and whilst there are some good suggestions there are also some requested 'improvements' I don't agree with and don't want. So please don't assume everything listed here is unanimously wanted by ALL users.  Can I suggest you will need a process to sift out the improvements that will meet with wide, if not universal, approval.

2018/03/29 22:15:23
Phoen1xPJ
mkerl

A remote control for tablet. Found this with Studio one, and it's pretty cool to work with.

I am successfully using miniyo-T *now* on my iPhone to control SPlat. I think it's available for iPad, too, but +1 on a special app for TDFKAS!
2018/03/29 22:17:58
astaub
Thank You Mr. Meng 

2) Feature - Lyric Track, Track Sketches feature, Alternative Tracks triggered by MIDI, Random etc.. Story Board Functions to help Arranging und Stucturing including Arranging Templates (of Music Styles like Electro,Techno, etc.).

DAW Modularization over Network
Means that you can split the program to, for example, play 20 tracks on PC 1 and 20 tracks on PC 2.
This would mean that several DAW's can be coupled via TCP IP.
Advantage would be more power and opportunities for collaboration of multiple remote users.
Especially if you could run video on another PC I would be glad.
Support the new MIDI standard. See https://www.midi.org/arti...-midi-ci-specification
3) Feature like other DAW's ARA 2 Support, Chord Track, 3D Audio Support, Better support for music notation
2018/03/29 22:30:00
Paw
Hi Meng, I'm very happy because the Sonar will be developed. I work mainly in midi, so:

1. Improvement of CC editing in PRV (smart tool isn't work properly, and with many CC Sonar is laggy )
2. I wish tempo editing like automation lane, with curves, and easy manipulating. Tempo view need update (zooming,  scrolling)
3. Midi record timing - notes are recorded too early. I dont know why. I'writing in Cubase too, and it's correct.
4. Option for softsynth outputs activation, i.e. Kontakt 64 out...
5. Overall efficiency improving, and audio engine smoothing:)

Thank you Bandlab, I hope for a long cooperation.

If anything, sorry for my English...

2018/03/29 22:39:43
mkerl
Skyline_UK
Thanks for asking for this Meng.
Can I just add a note of caution. I've just read through all the posts so far and whilst there are some good suggestions there are also some requested 'improvements' I don't agree with and don't want. So please don't assume everything listed here is unanimously wanted by ALL users.  Can I suggest you will need a process to sift out the improvements that will meet with wide, if not universal, approval.

Another feature reguest for the next forum to come: an own thread for feature requests where users are able to vote for specific requests. The Presonus Forum has something like that, very helpful http://answers.presonus.com/questions/studio-one-feature-requests?sort=votes

Cheers :) 
2018/03/29 22:47:50
RexRed
Meng thanks for taking on, with the intent of improving, the best music software in the industry!

My suggestion is:
Driver isolation is a big issue with me.

ASIO, and Windows 10 seem to be a rub for me.

Only one device at a time and nothing seems to interconnect.

It would be nice if I could use one device to record and pass the playback off to another or several devices for other speaker A-B ing.

This would probably take close work with Microsoft sound device manufacturers and creating new standards to address these issues. Windows seems to want control of these resources more so than not with Cortana and other apps like Skype wanting control of audio inputs and outputs.

Virtual drivers and virtual cables built into Cakewalk and the audio interfaces would be nice. Every time I go to load or change the bit rate and hertz of a project I get a message this device is in use. It would be nice to have some panel come up and list each device and what is using it. Instead I end up going on a chase to shut down programs that might be using devices.

Maybe what I am asking is impossible but I thought I would just toss this one out there. I write this with apprehension that a fix might make things even more complicated to use. But, a "driver in use view" along with the other views in Cakewalk would be a start. It would save me a lot of time spent troubleshooting "driver in use" issues. 

And once again, thanks for buying Cakewalk!
2018/03/29 22:57:07
Liquid Noise
KPerry
Liquid Noise
  1. An improved audio engine.
  2. The ability to monitor incoming audio through FX. For example: I would like to play my bass through some amp plugins and here the FXs in real time.

You can do 2 already - read up on Input Monitoring.

I tried but it does not work for me.
2018/03/29 23:09:16
poetnprophet
Meng, thanks again for listening!

There's a lot of good stuff here, I only got through page 1 so if this has been stated already....sorry:

- Ability to reorder tracks in the Console view (without modifiers)
- Ability to change the layout/style of track/console views per track (ala REAPER layouts)
- More options for custom toolbar setup, more actions to choose from (also ala Reaper)
- Let us mark plugins as favorites, have a favorite plugin category
- Unlimited UNDO even when the project/Sonar closes
- Automatic fades/cross fades during editing.  More fade curve options
EDIT - one more:  How about a Project View like Studio ONE 3?  

Dave
2018/03/29 23:15:05
BJZ
Liquid Noise
KPerry
Liquid Noise
  1. An improved audio engine.
  2. The ability to monitor incoming audio through FX. For example: I would like to play my bass through some amp plugins and here the FXs in real time.

You can do 2 already - read up on Input Monitoring.

I tried but it does not work for me.

Please understand this is not intended as a rude comment but if it's not working then you are obviously not doing it right since many here, including me can do it and it works.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account