• SONAR
  • Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] (p.9)
2018/03/30 00:03:44
Daibhidh
raweber
...my number one ask is for the ability to seamlessly add and delete measures from the middle of a project, and drag sections around...

Do you know about auto ripple? Did you see this cakewalk update video?
https://youtu.be/fsn50cIJmAM
2018/03/30 00:05:48
Liquid Noise
BJZ
Liquid Noise
KPerry
Liquid Noise
  1. An improved audio engine.
  2. The ability to monitor incoming audio through FX. For example: I would like to play my bass through some amp plugins and here the FXs in real time.

You can do 2 already - read up on Input Monitoring.

I tried but it does not work for me.

Please understand this is not intended as a rude comment but if it's not working then you are obviously not doing it right since many here, including me can do it and it works.

I do not take it as a rude comment but as a helpful one. I completely understand that it could be user error. I only recently started to try this feature, as I have only been using VSTi’s. I just recently got into playing Bass and I could not get it to work. Well for poops and squiggles I decided to reinstall SONAR and now the input echo button is working. So I will chalk it up to a computer glitch. However in the future I am positive that there will be plenty of user error questions (on my part) that I will ask for help on. I have always had friendly help on this forum.
2018/03/30 00:08:06
Daibhidh
BJZ.
Please understand this is not intended as a rude comment but if it's not working then you are obviously not doing it right since many here, including me can do it and it works.

It works for me fine too. I play my electric guitar through many different guitar amps in real-time with no problems at all.

I suggest the original poster as an experienced user to help him on Skype, because he must be missing a step, either that or his pc performance is not fast enough or soundcard has too much latency.

Update: I'm glad to hear Liquid Noise found a solution that has worked for him!
2018/03/30 00:13:46
Liquid Noise
Another request:

Maybe a few VSTi's and FX's for Ambient Music.
2018/03/30 00:19:03
John T
Another vote for an audiosnap update. I've said this many times before, but for the record: the underlying tech is great, and the quality of end results can be superb. But the GUI and workflow are really confusing, and the stability is pretty bad too.

Aside from general usability and stablilty, making multitrack audiosnap editing simpler would be very welcome.
2018/03/30 00:32:33
juan47
A good staff view. I currently write in Overture, then import the midi tracks to Sonar. Integrating the new DAW with Overture would be wonderful.
2018/03/30 00:37:27
Kamikaze
Liquid Noise

I do not take it as a rude comment but as a helpful one. I completely understand that it could be user error. I only recently started to try this feature, as I have only been using VSTi’s. I just recently got into playing Bass and I could not get it to work. Well for poops and squiggles I decided to reinstall SONAR and now the input echo button is working. So I will chalk it up to a computer glitch. However in the future I am positive that there will be plenty of user error questions (on my part) that I will ask for help on. I have always had friendly help on this forum.

I play my bass through VSTs al the time, and I think you can do, and that you can get t the bottom  of this n the forum. I suspect it wn't to much to figure ut what is wrong, but this thread isn't the place.

Can you start a new thread, so we can help.State your version and soundcard, and any other details you can.
2018/03/30 00:53:03
Keni
Thanks Meng!

This is gonna be quite a job to go through so many items. I'm very grateful!

Though there are likely more urgent issues, these are what come to mind right now...

Sonar Ideas
1) bring back cc draw tools
2) create switch to toggle Track image while Lanes visible
3) solve closing unruly 32bit VSTs in X64 causing crashes
4) cleanup Track View vs. PRV snap issues
5) FR: user loop list for fast switching between different loops
2018/03/30 01:21:59
craigr68
For playing live, I would like to see the playlist feature revamped.  One particular problem is if track automation exists, which I use a lot, and the song is done playing, Sonar thinks something has changed and asks you if you want to save the song which totally interrupts the live flow.  Unless you answer that question, it will not unload the songs as they continue to play which bogs down the computer.  It's just awkward.  For this particular problem, all that's needed is for an option for Sonar to ignore any song changes.  There have been other playlist related issues posted by other forum members that could be easily searched.
2018/03/30 01:28:30
Brian Walton
1)  Composer Chord Tool - Think Toontrack EZKeys within Sonar - but with a bigger chord display up top
2)  Improved efficiency - i.e. the ability to run more effects/tracks/instruments with the same Processor and RAM spec
3)  Stability across Each unforseen Windows update
4)  Control Surfaces - seems like Sonar never seems to have out of the box integration with other manufactures' products
5)  More Pro-Level Prochannel effects (some of them need an update in quality, some effects just don't exist in that format)

+ 6)  Artificial Intelligence integration, the track assist type of features in Izotope Products are great for starting points or getting ideas - if those kinds of tools could be integrated into the DAWs tool sets (LP EQ, LP Comp, Limiter, etc) analyzing within and across tracks, it could be a game changer for the beginner to intermediate DAW user.  However, I know getting to Izotope's level or better would be a major feat.  Just wishful thinking.  I've said before I'm not a fan of LANDAR, but the quality of Izotope's AI and tool set is a different animal, not to mention the ability to full tweak after the AI makes changes.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account