• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.11)
2018/04/04 15:44:39
aidanodr
andyjobson85
BJZ
As of now install of Cakewalk by Bandlab (as installed on 'virgin' computer):

1. Loses Melodyne, AD2, BlueTubes
2. Keeps Boost11, Sonitus suite, TTS-1, Groove Player, TH3, Studio Instrument Suite
3. Keeps PC modules Breverb2, Console Emulator, PC4K, PC76, Rematrix Solo, Softube Sat, Tape Emulater, Tape Sat. FX Chain and Style Dial
4. Keeps CW's Vocal Sync

Excellent information, thanks.

So on a virgin PC with SONAR not installed, how do I get back my BlueTube plugins and VX64?

Id imagine you re-install them from the files you downloaded as a backup from the command centre?

The STUDIO MIXING FX Suite?

2018/04/04 15:46:20
anxiousmofo
This is an exciting day and I am really happy that Cakewalk lives.  I am also a fan of the public having cheap access to powerful DAW and other music making tools.  That said, it does burn my ass a bit that a program I previously spent hundreds of dollars on (including the lifetime shenanigans) is now free to all.  Makes me feel mighty foolish and acts like more salt in the paid lifetime updates wound (I'm not any manner of a wealthy guy).  That said, still really psyched to see where Bandlab takes this, and I'm genuinely happy for those who now get it for free.  It will certainly make it easier to collaborate with people.
2018/04/04 15:55:02
Kamm Schreiner
Downloaded and installed without a hitch. Can't tell you how happy I am that the program is back and being updated again. Thank you!

Question: I've got both SONAR and the new Cakewalk by BandLab installed. Can I uninstall SONAR Platinum now, or would that create problems (worrying about losing plugins not just problems with the main program)?
2018/04/04 15:55:28
pwalpwal
Midiboy
meng
Quick update - will sticky this at my first post too - the 04-10-2018 is just an arbitrary 6 month date set for authorization checks - it's confusing and will be removed! It's NOT an expiry date :-)

You might want to also mention that that is October 4th then.  Us American's thought it was the 10th of April.  

haha i'd assumed it was us format
2018/04/04 15:55:59
Jean-Philippe ROGER
Thank you Meng and BandLab too !
2018/04/04 15:57:01
BJZ
andyjobson85
BJZ
As of now install of Cakewalk by Bandlab (as installed on 'virgin' computer):

1. Loses Melodyne, AD2, BlueTubes
2. Keeps Boost11, Sonitus suite, TTS-1, Groove Player, TH3, Studio Instrument Suite
3. Keeps PC modules Breverb2, Console Emulator, PC4K, PC76, Rematrix Solo, Softube Sat, Tape Emulater, Tape Sat. FX Chain and Style Dial
4. Keeps CW's Vocal Sync

Excellent information, thanks.

So on a virgin PC with SONAR not installed, how do I get back my BlueTube plugins and VX64?

I imagine you use your (saved from CCC) downloaded installer for BlueTubes.

VX64? Probably need to install SONAR Platinum?
2018/04/04 16:05:42
BJZ
I'm thinking new users will be paying for the likes of LP-EQ, LP-MB and Adaptive Limiter as they are not installed in this iteration if the installer.

On this virgin machine I did install from my saved CCC installers the LP-EQ and LP_MB. They did not appear to need activation of any sort.

Boutique FX Setup will not install on this Cakewalk by Bandlab virgin machine. Seems to need SONAR Platnum installed.

2018/04/04 16:07:35
andyjobson85
BJZ
Boutique FX Setup will not install on this Cakewalk by Bandlab virgin machine. Seems to need SONAR Platnum installed.

Can't do without VX64... In fact, can't really do without anything I've paid for.. I just don't want to install 2 DAWs on my lovely clean Windows installation :)
2018/04/04 16:11:54
scook
andyjobson85

Can't do without VX64... In fact, can't really do without anything I've paid for.. I just don't want to install 2 DAWs on my lovely clean Windows installation :)

Then run all the installers that came with SONAR Platinum EXCEPT the 2 SONAR Platinum installers (NOTE: if using the Command Center these 2 installers are the ones run from the SONAR Platinum install option. They appear as a single item in the Command Center)
2018/04/04 16:12:14
BJZ
None of the other saved CCC installers will run without SONAR Platinum installed on this 'virgin' machine.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account