• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.12)
2018/04/04 16:13:58
cowboydan
BJZ
I'm thinking new users will be paying for the likes of LP-EQ, LP-MB and Adaptive Limiter as they are not installed in this iteration if the installer.

On this virgin machine I did install from my saved CCC installers the LP-EQ and LP_MB. They did not appear to need activation of any sort.

Boutique FX Setup will not install on this Cakewalk by Bandlab virgin machine. Seems to need SONAR Platnum installed.

I am leaving all my Sonar programs on the computer. Then I think that I will still have all the plugins ( without updates).
2018/04/04 16:14:40
Keni
cowboydan
TheSteven
Can't find the link(s) in my BandLab account...
Thanks Larry for posting them.
Says it's installing... but no progress bar or install options...

The progress bar is in the bandlab app that you downloaded first.

Yeah... a little confusing as the progress bar opened underneath all else. The big Cakewalk picture helped with the confusion...
2018/04/04 16:14:41
SimpleM
The only drawback I can see so far is the inability to "tell it where to install".  With SPLAT installed along side, the CBB .ini will address the multiple drives I used for SPLAT and my samplers/vst/data drives as installed.  If functionality appears that truly outdates SPLAT, I could see dropping my install of splat but for now the SPLAT only takes up about 600megs as does CBB core since they share plugs/samples and data and the SPLAT artificially creates the flexibility CBB lacks.

2018/04/04 16:15:18
jmasno5
Which install should I do being a SPLAT owner?  Non- reco? I don't want double up on plugins. 
2018/04/04 16:15:50
SimpleM
jmasno5
Which install should I do being a SPLAT owner?  Non- reco? I don't want double up on plugins. 

Yes, just the core.

2018/04/04 16:16:25
BJZ
Kamm Schreiner

Question: I've got both SONAR and the new Cakewalk by BandLab installed. Can I uninstall SONAR Platinum now, or would that create problems (worrying about losing plugins not just problems with the main program)?

I wouldn't. SONAR Platinum comes with plugs *not* in Cakewalk by Bandlab. Unistalling SONAR Platinum will remove those plugins.

JMO.
2018/04/04 16:19:29
SimpleM
BJZ
Kamm Schreiner

Question: I've got both SONAR and the new Cakewalk by BandLab installed. Can I uninstall SONAR Platinum now, or would that create problems (worrying about losing plugins not just problems with the main program)?

I wouldn't. SONAR Platinum comes with plugs *not* in Cakewalk by Bandlab. Unistalling SONAR Platinum will remove those plugins.

JMO.

My post above expands on this but yes, keep it, they reside together nicely and if 600megs makes or breaks your operating drive, you are not going to have a good experience trying to create music on it.

2018/04/04 16:20:46
TranceCanada
This is pretty exciting, but I'm probably more excited to see that I can get a Cakewalk coffee mug now
2018/04/04 16:21:58
scook
Kamm Schreiner

They still use the same shared utilities. BandLab Cakewalk installs like a SONAR upgrade, in its own folders and updates all the Shared folders in the Cakewalk Program Files folder. If you really want to run only Cakewalk and not have a previous version of SONAR available run one of the Clean install options from the Knowledge base
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013392/SONAR-2015-Clean-Install-Instructions
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013372/Clean-Install-All-Cakewalk-Software
then install Cakewalk run install the parts of SONAR you want. Be careful with step 8.1 of the Clean Install ALL Cakewalk Software. If you use the default "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" you may NOT want to delete this folder.
2018/04/04 16:24:04
Keni
Thanks Meng, Noel, Ben, and all the new crew!

All appears well though there were some erroneous error messages during install as well as hidden windows below static windows...

Loving the new dark theme for PRV!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account