• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.13)
2018/04/04 16:24:17
Kamm Schreiner
BJZ
I wouldn't. SONAR Platinum comes with plugs *not* in Cakewalk by Bandlab. Unistalling SONAR Platinum will remove those plugins.

JMO.

I definitely won't unless I hear otherwise from Noel or Meng. I'm hoping there is (or will be) a way to remove all the stuff from the SONAR Platinum installation that is no longer needed without removing the plugins. I'd like to free up disk space, but it isn't a big deal to me. Not that much wasted space, really.
2018/04/04 16:28:52
andyjobson85
scook

BandLab Cakewalk installs like a SONAR upgrade

This is the most useful statement I've seen on the subject...

Kind of confirms that if you want all of the plugins/instruments/prochannel modules that you had in Platinum, you still need Platinum installed..

I wonder if that will change in future?
2018/04/04 16:29:57
TranceCanada
I still have my themes installed, but they're not showing up in preferences
2018/04/04 16:31:21
BJZ
I'm hoping that eventually all "owned" Cakewalk SONAR Platinum plugins will be "unlocked" and allowed to be installed separately.

Somehow methinks this will not happen though. The best we can probably expect is an unbound activation file for SONAR Platinum.
2018/04/04 16:32:40
sock monkey
Cool. 
Such a deal for us pour slobs who never had the cash for the latest versions. 
I can't believe there are posts with people actually complaining! 
And to all those asking silly questions...
Please go back and re read post #1,, now take a deep breath and read it again.. 

2018/04/04 16:33:48
scook
andyjobson85
Kind of confirms that if you want all of the plugins/instruments/prochannel modules that you had in Platinum, you still need Platinum installed..

You do not need the Platinum program but if you want all the Platinum content, you still have those installers and they are separate from the program installers. All the plug-ins and content included in the program (there is a small bit like ProChannel Modules, some "Shared" plug-ins and utilities are included in BandLab Cakewalk just like Platinum.)
2018/04/04 16:34:35
bapu
sock,

I stand corrected. CCC is gone for a Bandlab install.
2018/04/04 16:39:45
LittleStudios
As I'm stuck at the office, could someone who's installed the new Cakewalk take a screen grab?  Just curious if there are any differences.

Thanks
2018/04/04 16:46:07
Rasure
I`m hopeful once everything is setup correctly in regards to email/database migration, these things will be made available if you originally purchased them in your account, Lifetime Platinum owners will be given content they paid for etc. That`s why its important for your email to match from Cakewalk to BandLab. For the time being is best to leave your SPLAT installed :-)
2018/04/04 16:47:54
Wibbles
TranceCanada
I still have my themes installed, but they're not showing up in preferences

Copy the themes from the Sonar Themes folder to the Cakewalk Themes folder in Cakewalk Content.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account