• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.14)
2018/04/04 16:49:00
scook
LittleStudios
As I'm stuck at the office, could someone who's installed the new Cakewalk take a screen grab?  Just curious if there are any differences.

Thanks

It looks just like Platinum 2017.10. I see one new feature "Replace from Track Template"
2018/04/04 16:50:18
thepianist65
My experience has been mixed so far, the install went fairly smoothly, but I found that my vst plug ins, some of them scattered to various locations were not loading, so I had to add file paths to the various vst's (especially my vst3 plugins) and rescan, and it took a while, but it appears most, if not all are there. I haven't tested a project with Melodyne in it, but I will do so momentarily. I also had issues with my MOTU ultralite sound card not initially being detected, but that may have been something other than a Cakewalk issue, and I was able to resolve it after a reboot or two and some fiddling around with the Cakewalk Preferences/Audio panel. So now my most recent projects (the past two weeks), are now loading just fine with all plugins and  instruments present and functioning--except I had to reinstall Blue 3 organ, for some reason, even though the .dll file was there it would not scan it until I reinstalled--no biggie. I also had to change a couple of default file locations, because while it "migrated" my preferences, it added the subfolder of Cakewalk Core, so I copied and pasted the stuff (track templates, project templates, etc.) to the current locations and now they are all there and accessible. It took me over a couple of hours to get it done, but I'm close, if not all the way, back and very happy that I will be able to get Bandlab's new feature additions and support from here on out. And my old Sonar still works just fine, so I'm not deleting it anytime soon.  My only issue will be I am soon in need of upgrading my drives (or the whole computer) soon, as I could use better space/performance at this point, and still am using my Windows 7 Pro, too. That's a project for another day/month/year, however. 
2018/04/04 16:50:56
scook
Wibbles
TranceCanada
I still have my themes installed, but they're not showing up in preferences

Copy the themes from the Sonar Themes folder to the Cakewalk Themes folder in Cakewalk Content.

Yes that works for now. The future of the SONAR Theme Editor is not clear.
2018/04/04 16:52:48
Wibbles
toddbooster
They picked my name!

So we have you to blame then.  
2018/04/04 16:52:55
TerraSin
From the Tip page:

REWARD: Mug

They know how to get me :(
Will be seeing where this goes first though.
2018/04/04 16:53:46
Kamm Schreiner
scook
They still use the same shared utilities. BandLab Cakewalk installs like a SONAR upgrade, in its own folders and updates all the Shared folders in the Cakewalk Program Files folder. If you really want to run only Cakewalk and not have a previous version of SONAR available run one of the Clean install options from the Knowledge base
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013392/SONAR-2015-Clean-Install-Instructions
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013372/Clean-Install-All-Cakewalk-Software
then install Cakewalk run install the parts of SONAR you want. Be careful with step 8.1 of the Clean Install ALL Cakewalk Software. If you use the default "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" you may NOT want to delete this folder.

Thanks very much for that info!
2018/04/04 17:05:18
eve_ripper
I don't understand. I had bought Sonar professional year ago. Should I delete it now or just install new platinum edition?
Can't wait to start installation.
2018/04/04 17:12:20
scook
eve_ripper
I don't understand. I had bought Sonar professional year ago. Should I delete it now or just install new platinum edition?

To take advantage of the plug-ins bundled with SONAR Professional, leave it installed and run the BandLab Cakewalk installer. BandLab Cakewalk is not the full SONAR Platinum package with all the plug-ins an content, just the Platinum version of the program which will include the Quad Curve EQ w/ zoom (unlike Professional).
2018/04/04 17:17:33
pentimentosound
I am stuck in "installing" on both my laptop and desktop.... have been for hours (while I dealt with boatloads of snow!!LOL and then lunch).
Should I start over?

I didn't see any progress bar BTW

Michael
2018/04/04 17:21:35
aidanodr
pentimentosound
I am stuck in "installing" on both my laptop and desktop.... have been for hours (while I dealt with boatloads of snow!!LOL and then lunch).
Should I start over?

I didn't see any progress bar BTW

Michael

Look in your downloads folder on your windows PC .. there you should see the CAKEWALK.EXE install file downloaded .. its 674,390 in size. If thats there you can double click it to install w/o the bandlab Assistant

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account