• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.15)
2018/04/04 17:39:44
brconflict
I may have missed the answer, but what is the expectation for those with Lifetime updates of SPLAT?
2018/04/04 17:40:14
julianochrisway
Okay, I have the Platinum version working fine. Will this version using the Bandlab installer replace my own? Or can I use my platinum from my studio account normally and this version at the same time to know how it is flowing on the pc? I'm really excited about this aggressive view.
So how do I do it, install it without fear of being happy or should I try on another computer this new version?
2018/04/04 17:49:15
pentimentosound
Thanks aidanodr!  I did that (still have to do the instruments).
354 of my 821 plugs showed up.

Ironically AD2 didn't in my desktop but did on the laptop.
Obviously I've got some things to attend to ....
Michael
2018/04/04 17:53:22
aidanodr
julianochrisway
Okay, I have the Platinum version working fine. Will this version using the Bandlab installer replace my own? Or can I use my platinum from my studio account normally and this version at the same time to know how it is flowing on the pc? I'm really excited about this aggressive view.
So how do I do it, install it without fear of being happy or should I try on another computer this new version?

I have same as you .. SPLAT legacy on my system.

So go ahead and install BL Cakewalk also. It installs side by side, no issues. It puts its CORE install inside the c:\program files\cakewalk\cakewalk core folder along with your c:\program files\cakewalk\SONAR Platinum folder.

Then via you adding VST paths to prefs after BL Cakewalk picks up all your VSTS etc.

As you have SPLAT already you do not need to install the optional content BL asks at install time. This is just the ARTIST INSTRUMENTS you already have and will be picked up.

The BL Assistant app downloads the CAKEWALK.EXE install file to your default Windows DOWNLOADS Folder. If you have another system needing an install just copy that to that other system and install.

2018/04/04 17:53:42
scook
julianochrisway

Platinum will still be available. BandLab Cakewalk installs in a separate directory called Cakewalk Core. It uses the same "Shared" folders as Platinum. It works like an old-school SONAR upgrade (if you ever upgraded from SONAR 1 through X3 or upgraded from a lesser version SONAR or other Cakewalk DAW).
2018/04/04 17:55:42
TheSteven
cowboydan
TheSteven
Can't find the link(s) in my BandLab account...
Thanks Larry for posting them.
Says it's installing... but no progress bar or install options...

The progress bar is in the bandlab app that you downloaded first.

After I rebooted I was able to perform the installed.
I'm a bit bothered that my BandLab account doesn't have the linkage to access the installer.
One issue that noticed right off the bat is that Cakewalk by BandLab installation did not migrate my VST paths from SPlat.
2018/04/04 17:56:24
aidanodr
pentimentosound
Thanks aidanodr!  I did that (still have to do the instruments).
354 of my 821 plugs showed up.

Ironically AD2 didn't in my desktop but did on the laptop.
Obviously I've got some things to attend to ....
Michael

No prob Michael,

In my case the Cakewalk VST Scan thing "got stuck" at some point. So i CTRL ALT DEL and choose Task Manager and ENDed the CAKEWALK VST SCAN task. Then into pref again and set scan to manual and rescan existing ( and or failed )  ticked .. found everything. Make sure you have all your VST paths added there also.

A
2018/04/04 17:57:30
AT
brconflict
I may have missed the answer, but what is the expectation for those with Lifetime updates of SPLAT?

As I understand it, but you get the free version now, which is SPLAT minus some VSTs.  If you leave your version of SPlAT on disk, Cakewalk by BandLab should find those so you can use them.
2018/04/04 18:02:51
Songroom
I've installed BandLab Cakewalk alongside Sonar and they're both behaving themselves.

My considerable collection of plugins scanned without any problems and I've imported my custom plugin lists to the new DAW. All is well in my studio, well done and thanks to all at BandLab.
2018/04/04 18:05:43
hayesf
first impressions ok.... now there's a jinx.. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account