• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.16)
2018/04/04 18:06:08
DeeringAmps
Got an error trying to install the BandLab Assistant.
Now I see why

Office rig is 32 bit.
No offline install, the StudioCat will remain Cakewalk free for the time being.
Not complaining, just pointing it out in case anyone else is having "issues".
T
2018/04/04 18:06:45
Linear Phase
This is absolutely groundbreaking in terms of what the end user has access to, will have access to, and for affordability.

I can imagine Bandlab growing the Cakewalk brand into something very special again

Cheers to you all
2018/04/04 18:09:40
tomixornot
Regarding BandLab account, do you all get an email from BandLab ? or just head over and create your own account ?
2018/04/04 18:11:09
burgerproduction
Downloaded and installed smoothly. I now have Cakewalk by Bandlab sitting next to my Platinum install.
I haven't really had time to test drive it, but from first impressions, it looks like Platinum, runs like Platinum, and (for the lucky sods who didn't pay for Platinum first time round) it's free - What more could you ask for? Oh! Wait, we're on the Cakewalk forum..... ;)

Thanks Bandlab and Cakewalk.
2018/04/04 18:13:48
julianochrisway
Scook and aidanodr Thank you very much my friends, I am always impressed with the clear and direct answers of this fantastic community.
2018/04/04 18:14:38
Mr. torture
I have platinum lifetime, can I just keep using what I have, or will I eventually have to download the Bandlab version?
2018/04/04 18:16:23
chris.r
DeeringAmps
Got an error trying to install the BandLab Assistant.
Now I see why

Office rig is 32 bit.
No offline install, the StudioCat will remain Cakewalk free for the time being.
Not complaining, just pointing it out in case anyone else is having "issues".
T

Thanks for this information!
2018/04/04 18:19:52
abacab
brconflict
I may have missed the answer, but what is the expectation for those with Lifetime updates of SPLAT?

Just leave it installed.  Then grab the new program.  Your plugins from the Splat install should scan and run in the new Cakewalk (a streamlined version of Splat without the 3rd party content).

Splat will no longer receive updates or support, but you can continue to use it.  All development and updates will be for the new Cakewalk by BandLab.
2018/04/04 18:22:12
scook
Mr. torture
I have platinum lifetime, can I just keep using what I have, or will I eventually have to download the Bandlab version?

Use what you have if you wish. There will be no fixes or updates to it though.
2018/04/04 18:22:44
chris.r
Since I'm on 32bit, I can't check it out myself... Is there anything function-wise missing inside the new Sonar/Cakewalk ie. the CAL, the Tube prochannel, audiosnap etc?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account