• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.19)
2018/04/04 20:23:56
my03
scook
my03
Ok, so tried to install this alongside my current X3, but noticed that it defaults to ones c:\ drive. Any way to change this?? (i have a fairly small c: and a lot bigger D, E and F partitions where i would normally store my software)

see

awesome. Thx scook
2018/04/04 20:24:23
bapu
Skyline_UK
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
(snip) ...The thumb rule is if you are a Platinum user then do the minimal install of CbB since you won't need the extras. At least for this first version.
Removing the platinum executables wont really save you much space so its not worth the bother.

I'm thinking of buying a new PC. On that new PC, can I just install CbB straight from the BandLab installer?  You seem to be saying Noel, that the BandLab installer needs to rely on a previous Sonar Platinum being present to work properly?
John

No Noel did not say that.

I've installed CbB on a virgin machine (no Cakewalk anything installed) and it runs just fine.

If, and that's the BIG IF, you want you Platinum plugs to be available in CbB then it "relies" (loosely used wording) on Platinum being installed.
2018/04/04 20:25:05
scook
Skyline_UK
I'm thinking of buying a new PC. On that new PC, can I just install CbB straight from the BandLab installer?

Yes however; it will have very few plug-ins. It would just like running only the SONAR Platinum installer from the Command Center and none of the other installers.
2018/04/04 20:26:35
bapu
scook
Yes however; it will have very few plug-ins.

Never said it wouldn't.
2018/04/04 20:27:27
ampfixer
Sorry to say I'm not going to Bandlab. You're giving away something that I put a LOT of money into over the years. That's a slap in the face to me and a pat on the back to those who have been using hacked copies for years.

All I care about at this point is how will I access my licensed - PRE Bandlab - software should I need to reinstall it. 
2018/04/04 20:27:50
scook
bapu
scook

Never said it wouldn't.

I did not say you did.
2018/04/04 20:28:56
bapu
scook
bapu
scook

Never said it wouldn't.

I did not say you did.

I am not fighting with you.
2018/04/04 20:31:03
scook
bapu

Neither am I. In fact, my initial reply was to another user
2018/04/04 20:32:02
bapu
ampfixer
Sorry to say I'm not going to Bandlab. You're giving away something that I put a LOT of money into over the years. That's a slap in the face to me and a pat on the back to those who have been using hacked copies for years.

All I care about at this point is how will I access my licensed - PRE Bandlab - software should I need to reinstall it. 

Funny, I see it as an extension of my LTU. And an increase in the DAW's awareness. Who knows how many BandLab users will become studio professional and use CbB and thus finally dominating the DAW market with the largest install base.

But really I only care about me and my needs.
2018/04/04 20:33:11
bapu
scook
bapu

Neither am I. In fact, my initial reply was to another user

Quoting helps to clarify who you are talking to, especially in an hyper-active thread.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account