• SONAR
  • ‘Cakewalk By BandLab’ is here. Free. Available for Windows now. [Updated: Dec 11, 2018] (p.20)
2018/04/04 20:37:23
scook
bapu

Quoting helps to clarify who you are talking to, especially in an hyper-active thread.

I did but thanks for the tip.
2018/04/04 20:37:28
abacab
Skyline_UK
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
(snip) ...The thumb rule is if you are a Platinum user then do the minimal install of CbB since you won't need the extras. At least for this first version.
Removing the platinum executables wont really save you much space so its not worth the bother.

I'm thinking of buying a new PC. On that new PC, can I just install CbB straight from the BandLab installer?  You seem to be saying Noel, that the BandLab installer needs to rely on a previous Sonar Platinum being present to work properly?
John

I think the distinction to be made here is that some Platinum plugin bundled installers will rely on Platinum being installed in order to run.  No see Platinum, no run.

You can install CBB straight, but you may be missing some Platinum plugins that way.  The core CBB install lacks certain Platinum extras.
2018/04/04 20:37:32
eikelbijter
Mixed feelings about this one....nothing in life is free and as we've seen with for instance Facebook, the price you invisibly pay is much higher than you think. Call me crazy but I prefer software that I pay for, that allows me to not be dependent on some needs-to-be-online mechanism for permission.

My question is: will you keep the activation server for the old Platinum and CCC going? If not, we are really taking a step backwards here I'm afraid.. or will there be some kind of activation for offline machines?
2018/04/04 20:39:37
bapu
Rico,

I suspect your question will be answered eventually. Just not today.
2018/04/04 20:41:35
joegab
I noticed that the Bandlab Assistant loads as windows starts.

Are we "obliged" to keep Bandlab Assistant as autostartup or can we disable it?

Thanks,

Giorgio

2018/04/04 20:47:14
noiseboy
Well it's all very exciting by the looks of things.  I only use Sonar for archive projects - Have 8.5 Producer and X3 - but this should beat anything in the low-cost area by a mile.  Makes Cubase Elements look very threadbare.

Is there a list somewhere of what plugins are now in Core (effects and VIs?) Just wondering if I need to install my legacy 8.5 Producer (just setting up a new rig at the moment), or just Core.
2018/04/04 20:49:26
Makzimia
Congrats Bandlab. Seems like a quickly needed update will be choosing install drive/directory. A lot of us have a small SSD OS drive, laptops and older upgrades.

Thank you :).
2018/04/04 20:50:50
bapu
noiseboy
Well it's all very exciting by the looks of things.  I only use Sonar for archive projects - Have 8.5 Producer and X3 - but this should beat anything in the low-cost area by a mile.  Makes Cubase Elements look very threadbare.

Is there a list somewhere of what plugins are now in Core (effects and VIs?) Just wondering if I need to install my legacy 8.5 Producer (just setting up a new rig at the moment), or just Core.

From this thread on page 4 (which must have not read?)
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3744207

2018/04/04 20:52:32
andyjobson85
joegab
I noticed that the Bandlab Assistant loads as windows starts.

Are we "obliged" to keep Bandlab Assistant as autostartup or can we disable it?

Thanks,

Giorgio

It also puts a shortcut on your desktop (urgh).. It's rude that it doesn't ask you during installation..

To stop it starting up on boot, it can be removed from the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Value: "BandLab Assistant.app"
2018/04/04 20:57:21
noiseboy
bapuFrom this thread on page 4 (which must have not read?)
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3744207

Thanks - is that a complete list?  I seem to remember a lot of stuff in 8.5 Producer that isn't there, is it safe to assume that they've all gone?  Z3ta+ is one of the bigger ones.

Assuming that to be the case, I'm best off installing Producer first, then Core.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account